Author Topic: Clam lock/e-hub, and pop-up shelter accessories  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Clam lock/e-hub, and pop-up shelter accessories
« on: Oct 07, 2023, 11:59 AM »
Anyone got experience with these?

Any problems installing them on competitor hubs? Best accessories? Are the attachments constructed in a way that can be modified (like making the flexible rod holder longer, or attaching a different style light or table)?

Thinking of adding some of these to my hub to improve the Feng shui, curious about people's experience with it
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Clam lock/e-hub, and pop-up shelter accessories
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07, 2023, 12:31 PM »
Some of Clam accessories incorporate metal...which can rust and/or bind up ...Eskimo came out with some hub accessories ...also catch cover has some items ...see the hack video

https://geteskimo.com/collections/shelter-accessories

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07, 2023, 01:19 PM »
I am a veritable god with zip ties....

First impressions had me slightly more impressed with the design of the eskimo latching mechanism. But clam seems to offer a touch more in the way of accessories.

I like the idea of being able to have a table/cup holder, rod holder, etc up off the ice, but still in arms reach while in my 2-man hub, out of the tub and off the ice. I like to fish in comfort, but when space is a hot commodity, comforts are sometimes negotiable.

I guess the big question is how well they actually work, do they impede the fold up or storage of the hub while collapsed? And second being, what do people find the most useful attachments are?
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2023, 12:47 PM »
Type in Hub Ice Shanty Shelf on YT for a DIY wooden shelf.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline maximus4444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2023, 11:54 AM »
Arc Labs also has some shelving for hubs or flipovers.  I've been wanting one but haven't pulled the trigger yet. 

https://arclab-motorsport-fabrication.myshopify.com/collections/outdoor-products-1

Offline laketrouthunter94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2023, 03:07 PM »
Those ArcLab shelves are definitely interesting, although I question the stability of the hub shelf specifically. Would be afraid to bump it at all, but everything they make is super heavy duty so I wouldn't question the quality of it.

I picked up a couple E-Hub tables for my 650XD and they seem rock solid. Loaded one up with a Yeti tumbler w/ coffee and a SLA vexilar style battery to test the weight and it was fine. The locking mechanism is nice, which the Clam system doesn't have. A buddy of mine has the Clam style and they can be accidentally bumped off the bases from time to time. The phone tray on the front of the E-Hub table is a nice feature.

Both are serviceable IMO, just depends on which accessories you're looking for.

Offline maximus4444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2023, 12:13 PM »
I also have an Otter Vortex Monster.  I installed the Clam Lock mount on mine.  I utilize the Clam rattle wheel in my house.  I only utilized this because it was the only hub style accessory available at my Fleet Farm at the time. 

The clam lock base mount was easy enough to install.  The rattle wheel works well.  I haven't tested out the Eskimo brand hub accessories. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.