Author Topic: Spare Parts  (Read 2142 times)

Offline icehmer

• IceShanty Rookie
Spare Parts
« on: Oct 04, 2023, 09:52 AM »
New account, long time on looker on looker. I finally bit the bullet and bought a permanent shack(growing family, portable wasn't going to cut it with young children). Ended up going with an 8x17 Glacier RV model. I was curious if anyone has any experience(don't matter the brand of fish house) on what they wish they would of had for spare parts when stuff goes wrong or a list of stuff that have to be replaced regularly. I have LP and and a fireplace in it, will have my 3500 gen and my Honda 2000 with as a back up and bring my buddy heater with just in case.

Any thoughts or comments are welcome.

Thank you!

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Spare Parts
« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2023, 07:40 AM »
That will be a nice setup!  As far as spare parts for the house, the Honda generator and a well stocked tool box should get you by.  I have never towed a wheeled fish house, but have been stuck a lot and have had to deal with frozen down shacks.  If it was me I would be more concerned about making sure you are properly equipped to get the ice house on and off of the ice.  You may already have these things, but they are worth considering: start out with the best gripping snow tires for your towing vehicle, tire chains, kitty litter, tow straps, jacks, blocks and a winch, or come-along to pull the tow vehicle/ice shack if it gets stuck.  A jump starter, or jumper cables for your tow vehicle, just in case.  Those are just some thoughts....

Offline icehmer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Spare Parts
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2023, 08:51 AM »
Got most all of that except chains and a winch. Good call. New tires a month ago, good beefy ones. I did order a limit switch and sail switch for the furnace. Seems like they may fail from time to time on the LP furnace?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.