Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608421 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19110 on: Mar 30, 2020, 08:29 PM »
Just took the racks of pork ribs out of the smoker, Dang they sure look and smell good.  Looks like maybe a shower or two this evening.  Maybe the cherry tree blossoms will miss getting froze this year.

All this time off maybe I can put in a good garden, and clean out a corner in the garage, that is if taking the boat out doesn't side tracks me  ::) :whistle: :unsure:
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19111 on: Mar 31, 2020, 01:46 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  33* with light rain this am, high of 42.

Somewhat short on time this morning, but will try to catch up to you all this afternoon.
  We got the word yesterday morning this will be our last week at the workplace unless something changes. I know the supervisor’s would like to be able to keep this group together, and are working on it, but that might be a long stretch.
  As we understood it, the shutdown would be for the month of April. Guess we’ll have to see how this all plays out.

Stay safe everyone...Cawfee’s on!

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19112 on: Mar 31, 2020, 04:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie,ER's,
                     It's 36* and foggy here on my hill, we had light rain over night and more to come today. ::)
                     Eddie........It's been a while since you were on unemployment, I hope they change their minds and keep you on. :unsure:
                     Tom..........In New York we had to renew our pistol permits a couple of years ago, I don't remember if we have to renew it at intervals
            or not, we'll get a letter if we do. :unsure:
                     Bud..........I could go for some ribs right now. Mmmmmmm :thumbsup:
                     Wally........Tomorrow looks like a day that you and Mr. WW can get out on the lake. :unsure:
                     Marv.........In your videos there are a few trailers in the background, are they all yours? ???
                     Not much going on, my wife is really getting bored here at home, I told her we'll take a ride just to get a change of scenery.
                     I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work if able or at home under self quarantine. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19113 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:16 AM »
Eddie, new in my area is not much better than yours.

See a post saying CPW is the threat of $5-00 fine for being out fishing in violation of the "Stay at Home"

Bud

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19114 on: Mar 31, 2020, 05:51 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....fingers crossed the layoff doesn't go thru  :unsure: 

IW.....read an article yesterday saying Americade is still a go   :o  :nono: :wacko:  can't see that actually happening   :blink:

IFF....sounds like the shortened hours won't leave you bored  ;D  fingers crossed the launches stay open EVERYWHERE  :whistle:

MrC....a day of sunshine will have spring popping out up here too   :thumbsup:  crocus and daffodils are growing like mad, my magnolia tree is loaded with buds and the wisteria is slowing showing signs of life  :clap:  think spring's renewal will help lift everyone's spirits a little  ;)

See the local walleye hatchery is doing a limited stripping this year, no stocking to be done in Oneida Lake where the eggs come from  :blink:  we'll see how well that works out in a few years  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19115 on: Mar 31, 2020, 06:36 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Hope all are well. Cleaning up here and getting rid of stuff not used or needed. WW are you running the evo 2 set up? I saw a new skin on CL for 50.00. WI state parks open now no  fee now but camping off limits. IFF what is that fee/fine all about out there? Hope your time now is yours and Mrs. IFF. Do you think the Jay Hawks would have won the ncaa tourney had it been held? I just watched a re-run of Badgers beating KY when they were 40 and 0 or something like that. Somebody here made a shirt that said 40 and done. I hope I can find one of those sometime.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19116 on: Mar 31, 2020, 06:56 AM »
36* with some light rain. The last pile of snow by the mail box is gone, I can still see snow in the woods across the road.
Eddie, I am surprised that they kept you working this long. Can't be any people around other than you guys.
WW, I read that release from the DEC about the hatchery. From my viewpoint I wouldn't think one year would have a big impact. The fish will still spawn only not in a jar to be released back into the lake. There are some risk with them spawning in creeks and rivers. I guess those that may be effected would be those that usually get fry stocked from the hatchery, which may not happen. I could be wrong as I fish a lake that only gets 3 or 4 thousand at the most stocked and that has only been in the last few years, time will tell.

Went to Topps yesterday, got half of what was on the wife's list. Wife trimmed my hair in the PM, it was starting to get pretty wild.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19117 on: Mar 31, 2020, 08:38 AM »
OG, without a doubt, Jayhawks.  The Fine is supposed to be $500.00 and is meant to be an April 1 joke LOL 
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19118 on: Mar 31, 2020, 09:06 AM »
Lower 30's to start the day. No real warm up until the end of the week. We are planning on going over to the other place to check it out on Friday. We will be going to see the pup we will be getting in a few weeks. I do not have to worry about getting stopped in that county as the sheriff did a press release when this whole thing started that his deputies would not stop any one for traveling during the shutdown.

I have not heard any thing from the DNR if they are going to do the walleye egg take on the Muskegon river this year. All of the walleye eggs come from the Muskegon. Most of our launches are still open with toilets locked. The idiots with to many fishing out of a boat are getting watched especially over on the east side where the major problem with the virus is. All they have to do is catch a few coming back to launces a ticket might stop it.

H2L I have not paid a barber to cut my hair in years. There is not enough on my head to pay some one to cut it. I do most of it my self. The  wife does the back and a little trimming. When the barber that I mentioned passing away awhile ago was cutting my hair it took him 6 minutes to get it done. When he doubled the price for a cut he did not make any more money as it took him 12 minutes. This barber still owed me a free shave on a bet made about me shooting a deer back in the early 60's. No way would I let him close to me with a straight razor as he aged.
With the beauty salons being closed many women with be showing their true roots since they can not get their hair died. ;D

Steve I am not surprised that the CDC Oked the use of the malaria drug to treat the virus as it has been proven to help. It will take months to get a new drug approved.

The released pheasants do not have the natural instinct to avoid predator's built into them. They are raised too long in pens.Years ago the MIDNR brought over a different specie of pheasants over from China. They released them at too old of an age. it took quite a while  for them to admit that their demise was from predation. What a waste of millions of sportsmen's $$$

Sitting here listening to some short clips of songs from the 60's that the wife has running on her computer. Sure brings back a lot of memories when I worked the Friday night dances in town. Dang the good old days. I think that there are still some of the old originals of the  45's  at my sons house. probably a set of can cans and a poodle skirt there too.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19119 on: Mar 31, 2020, 09:46 AM »
Morning, Folks, Good Morning

Maybe the mid to upper 40's by lunch, cloudy, feels like rain at any minute

Just had a call from my urologist's office, my appt. for Thursday @ 4:30 has been changed to a phone call >:( - the nurse asked for a video call, but told her I don't have a camera
      on the computer, scratch that off, he still hasn't seen the CT Urogram films yet, so , this will prove to be interesting

There is some talk going around asking the gov. to send state police/national guard into Lakewood, NJ to keep the Orthodox/Hasidic Jewish community under wraps, it seems
      that they keep doing their thing with big groups, in violation of orders, they won't be happy till that town is placed under marshall law

Mason - At least you will have time to work on the garden

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday- Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19120 on: Mar 31, 2020, 03:51 PM »
Good afternoon sun light trying to break through the clouds high around fifty today. There was an update on the recent police shooting on Friday night a few hours after the shooting there was a public disturbance . One city council men had posted on Twiitter that he heard from supposed witnesses to the shooting the young man killed was unarmed. The County DA has released some body camera footage that shows the young man was holding a gun. On Sunday there was a march form the shooting site to police station where people demanded the release of all unedited body camera footage from officers at the scene. A little back story in the past 15 or so years there has been 3 police shootings . The City of Newburgh's police force is mostly white officers and all persons shot were black. The councilmen who took to twitter lost his son in one of the shooting so there is a lot of underlying tension between the police force and Black community.
IFF I'm sure the pork ribs were delicious. I can see fishing season being closed because of Covid-19 good luck enforcing the closings.
Eddie sorry to hear you will be out of work. NYS is going deeper into debt each day fighting this virus pandemic and the Governor recently extended state income tax filing deadline to July like the federal government so income form tax returns will be delayed. I would not be surprised to see late passage of this years state budget. I saw a news report they are setting up a way for state legislature to vote on the budget by video conference what will that cost us NY. residents.
Ice Wanderer good to get out of the house while we are still able hopefully soon the two of you will be able to work on your garden and pass some time in that way.
Wallyworld I would be shocked if the Americade bike rally takes place. Hopefully the limited collecting of walleye eggs this year will not have a great impact on population numbers in coming years.
Old Goat good idea to do some cleaning out while you have the extra time to complete the task.
Hunts2long  I'm in need of a haircut don't think my hair has been this long since my high school days. May the panic subside and stores be able to keep shelves stocked or things will only get worse as more people buy into the hysteria .
Tomturkey I've been watching videos on You Tube of old sporting events and music  does bring back memories. May you not run into any problems traveling to your second house and when you pick up your new lab.puppy.after posting yesterday started thinking believe the last pheasant i saw in the wild is over thirty years ago in a field by my former employer.
Capt.Jim may you find some way to talk with the urologist since he does not want to meet you in person at this time. Hope things have not gotten worse with your kidney problem. sad the Orthodox/Hadsidic Jewish community in Lakewood continues to ignore stay at home/social distancing . There is one Orthodox/Hasidic Jewish village in my county homes are built right next to each other and not uncommon for 10 or more people to be living in 3 bedroom homes/apartments.Once there are multiple confirmed cases of Covid-19 and deaths in their community they will be screaming for help.
Whopper Stopper assume the "Girls" started their work days before you could get to the computer this morning.

Best of health to everyone.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19121 on: Mar 31, 2020, 04:37 PM »
Good afternoon-evening everyone :bow:

54 and sunny, it's a beautiful day.

The office has closed down for the day. The s-i-l went to donate blood and my wife has been trying to over come a few glitches.

mr.clean you asked about the monitor problems. She cured the problem by buying another printer being I wrecked the old one a couple years ago. She has to do a lot of journal entries so by printing them she could blow them up as big as she wanted rather than having to have have 3 pages sharing 1 screen screen. Of course we didn't know when we bought the laptop that this model wouldn't allow connecting another monitor.

Oh and last year I had 2 different cameras where I dumped corn, that's why you sometime you saw the wood piles. 

IW I do have a couple of trailers besides my dump trailer.

Eddie I hope they allow you to keep coming to work :thumbsup:

I checked the camera card and not a lot to pick from. I'm not sure where the turkeys have been the last couple days. The rooster pheasant was back yesterday and I couldn't believe it when I found he escaped the camera :%$#!: The deer have been licking the corn up staying around all night. I will have to go back to just spreading a cup or so in the mornings.

Hope you all have a good evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19122 on: Apr 01, 2020, 01:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  Welcome to April!  Today is the opening day of trout fishing here in NY....best of luck to all heading out.   :thumbsup:
  Calm and 31* this am, warming up to 48 here today.

Marv...thanks for sharing the videos.  :thumbsup:   As of yesterday we’re still to be finished up with work on Friday.
  Steve...will be interesting to see how the budget goes...guessing there will have to be many cutbacks.
  Capt.J...hope they can get a handle on the situation without having to declare Martial Law. People have to used their heads.  :thumbsup:
  Tom...big fan of the oldies music... :clap:
  H2...not very many people at the workplace, it’s been great being able to do areas we normally wouldn’t have been able to do with the crowds. Biggest setback we have is a command center was set up close to our area...complaints about the noise and not being able to maintain 6’ separation...that’s almost impossible doing our work.
  Wally...good luck to today if Ontario bound!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope enjoyed your ride yesterday and can find something to keep you occupied today!   :thumbsup:

4am starts all week as we have to be clear of the area near the command center by 11am. It’s sure going to be strange having to open up an Unemployment claim again, haven’t done that in years, and not geared for it...understand it’s a mess at the moment to boot.
   That time again... Cawfee’s on!

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #19123 on: Apr 01, 2020, 02:55 AM »
Good Morning To Ya All !!

1:03am & still awake.....21* here in the hills, snowing hard & 20 - 25 mph winds.....
Received almost 5 inches of snow yesterday & the winds were gusting most of the day.....

There was a 6.5 earthquake at around 6:00pm yesterday that was centered down around Challis, Idaho & we felt it pretty good here.....All the indoor plants were swaying, vases/glassware rattled lightly & we could actually feel it in our feet via the floor.....We did get a good laugh tho.....Mya was zonked out on her bed & she sprung up & gave us a bewildered look then barked in this tone we've never heard before.....Haha.....

Haven't had much luck shaking this crud I've had for weeks now.....Touched base with the doc Sunday & she wanted to give the Azithromycin in my system a couple more days before starting another regimen of antibiotics.....Called her yesterday morning informing her that there has been no change, so she put me on the 875mg gorillabiotic Augmentin for 14 days.....Had this antibiotic before & it kicks some arse, but tends to raise havoc on the stomach/digestive tract.....Hoping to see some improvement in the next few days !!

I best sign off & try to get some shut eye.....Hope everyone has a great day, stays safe & remains healthy !!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19124 on: Apr 01, 2020, 04:16 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Spitzo, ER's,
                        It's 30* and mostly cloudy with it clearing later to a high near 50* today. ::)
                        Eddie.........Looks like my #2 son taking down the bridge will also be off again after the bridge is down. They are working days,
              If it wasn't for the virus they would be working night because of the traffic. :whistle:
                        Spitzo........I hope he new antibiotic works for you. :flex:
                        Marv..........Great video as usual, my wife loved the skunk. :thumbsup:
                        Steve.........It will be a while before we get in the garden, I have a cord of firewood sitting on it at the moment, plus we still
              have snow on it as well. :o
                        Wally..........It's a bit cool this morning but it should be a nice day to get the new boat out. :clap:
                        H2L............Does your wife normally cut your hair or because your barber is closed? ??? I'll go with out, I don't trust my wife
              with cutting mine. :roflmao:
                        Bud............How were the ribs, a friend messaged me yesterday morning and wanted to bring over some smoked ribs he just finished,
              of course I accepted. I can't wait to try them. :flex:
                        Not sure what's going on today around here, we never got out for the ride yesterday, we did take a walk. Maybe I can convince my
              wife to go today.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work if you're allowed to or at home. Stay safe and healthy.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19125 on: Apr 01, 2020, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

IW....no fishing today, small craft warnings with waves to 6'  :o  enjoy your ride/walk  ;)

Eddie.....can you sign up for unemployment online  ??? 

Spitzo.....hope your stomach can handle 2 weeks of augmentin  :-\  feel better soon  ;)

WS....the skunk sure didn't waste any time coming out of his winter den  ::)  they are cute critters, too bad they do so much damage to lawn :pinch:

OG.....yes we have the evo2, it's still like brand new thanks to Mother Nature and the mild winters  :-\  thanks for thinking of us tho  ;)2

MrC.....guessing the Americade promoters are just wishful thinking at this point   :blink:  no way will it be a go this summer  :nono:  the ride we do every June for the Believe 271 Foundation has already been cancelled until next year  :(

CapJ.....fingers crossed you can get things straightened out with your doc, not sure how a phone call will help  :unsure:

Yesterday our County Exec announced all campgrounds public and private in our county will be closed until at least July 1st  :blink:  assume more counties will be following suit  :( 

Hit the grocery store yesterday, new rule now is if you bring your own bags you have to bag your groceries yourself   :blink:   everyday is a new adventure  :-\  sure would be nice to see the shelves start to get restocked sometime soon, paper products, cleaning supplies, pastas, soups, canned/frozen veggies, baking supplies, meat etc etc etc  :(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19126 on: Apr 01, 2020, 06:54 AM »
Good Morning. 29* and some sun, right now.
Mr.C, I worked  in a lot of the businesses in the Newburgh area 8/10 years ago. Back in it's day it had to be a very nice city but I could see how things had changed. Some very nice homes but downtown really changed just in the 4 or 5 years I worked the area. It was also a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house.

WS, not a lot of white on that skunk.

Eddie, we don't see many stream fishermen/women around here. IF, the state does stock any streams it is usually later in April, or even May.

SpitozMT, good luck with the new meds. Looks like Winter is still holding on up in MT.

IW, my wife has cut my hair and trimmed my beard most of 40 years. Last winter while she was down at NY Presbyterian for 90 days I went to a local barber a couple times and I could have done better with the hedge trimmers.

WW, its the same things missing in our Topps. I get what I can and we make due, I am not going to keep going back hoping they have what I am looking for.

I think the wife, daughter and Scout are going for a ride today. She has been instructed to NOT go into any store. I hate it when I HAVE to, so NO way is she. I keep telling her this will be a cake walk after spending 90 days in the hospital and the food is better.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19127 on: Apr 01, 2020, 09:08 AM »
Good Morning ER's  whoever emptied the coffee pot please start a new one before leaving next time. Hope everyone is doing well. WW I thought you guys had the evo 2 glad yours is still like new. Hope your new vessel gives many years of fun. Eddie unemployment would at least free up some more time for other stuff. Bud how's the leg coming along? IW enjoy the walk with your wife sounds like a nice way to spend time together. While cleaning the other day I found a pair of lights for the jon boat they both work. Now I'll look into a drift sock for it. Everyone stay safe

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19128 on: Apr 01, 2020, 11:43 AM »
Old Goat, well I heard it said....Things are going to get worse....But I didn't think they were referring to my leg

And sure enough, things are getting worse everywhere.

What amazes me is that people that come to the Sportsman's Warehouse store have one thing in mind....Ammo.  And I don't mean the kind that would be used to go hunting for rabbits, squirrels, ducks, deer, Elk.  And the season is a long ways off.

Edit:  Just got a recorded message from the trash collection company I have.  Effectively as of today,  they will not pick up anything that is not bagged and tied shut.  Not only that but they are suspending all trash pickup for 2 Weeks.

Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19129 on: Apr 01, 2020, 12:59 PM »
Still frosty North of 60*.
Currently -2F with -20F windchill.
Still making ice. ;)

Went to my local lumber store I get my cabin materials from to order up the cellulose insulation to blow in the attic, they are closed because of the COVID's.   :'(
I don't see them opening up until this thing is on the downswing come summer so I will have to hand lug the bails by boat than then up the hill after they reopen.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19130 on: Apr 01, 2020, 05:31 PM »
Good afternoon/early evening clear sky this morning now getting cloudy high in the low fifties.
Whopper Stopper please give my thanks to your SIL for the blood donation. Good to hear your wife found a solution to the monitor problem may she have a good supply of printer ink. Also thank you for the info. on cameras figure you may have had more then one camera or moved their location.
Eddie I agree it will be interesting to see what cuts are made to the state budget and when it finally gets passed. We can't have anything happen to the people working at command central. ::) I hope eventually you and your coworkers receive some type of recognition from the Governor and Legislature for all the work you have done to the capitol building and surrounding area. It may take longer then normal for your unemployment claim to be processed given the overload of people filing currently.
SpitzoMT looks like Winter is still hanging on in MT. I have relatives in Casper,WY. and know the rocky mountain states can see show during June. may the new stronger antibiotic do the trick on the RTI. Be sure to take pro-biotics or eat plenty of yogurt to counteract the problems to digestive track.
Ice Wanderer forget some times yor northern Ny. location and higher elevation puts you a few weeks behind my area in terms of Spring weather. If get out for a ride today have a good time and safe travels. Does your wife have her car back from the repair shop.
Wallyworld i will have to see if my county parks with campgrounds are open one park has a lake I fish at year round. I was thinking of doing some social distancing while fishing in the coming weeks. Hopefully we due not see any highly enforced travel restrictions. Think more groceries/supermarkets will have you bag your groceries if you bring your own bags to some what protect their staff at this time. I was out earlier a few days of temperatures in the sixties and nighttime lows of forty or higher should have the Magnola tress blooming in this area of NY
Hunts2long Newburgh has never fully recovered from urban renewal done in the mid-late 1960's where blocks of buildings were demolished some areas have yet to be rebuilt or are now private businesses instead of housing. The waterfront has come back over the last 20 years. There are now several restaurants and a few stores in the water front area of the city. Also as surrounding towns grew jobs left the city only a little light industry left within the city's borders. sad how some barber's leave you wondering how they got their license to cut/style hair. May your girls and Scout have had a good ride today. It would be nice to see store shelves return to normal  I believe it would cut down on some of the panic people feel at this time.
Old Goat never know what you will find when doing a good cleaning out of your home. guess we have to put up a sign if you empty the coffee pot please start a new batch. ;D :whistle:
IFF I was talking with my sister last night the surge in fire arm and ammo sales was one topics we discussed. She told me after first having them close the Governor of her state (NJ) has now allowed gun shops to open again declaring them an essential business. ::) :cookoo: No offense to all of the gun owners on this website but personally feel now is not the time to allow folks to stockpile guns and ammo in fear of a  Federal government collapse. Hope things are improving with your leg.
Drifter sorry you can not get the insulation now the you have time to work on your cabin. Since lake are still making ice "North of 60" maybe you and Shatu can practice social distancing by doing some ice fishing you missed out on while battling the flu.
Capt.Jim while talking with my sister last night I mentioned Lakewood,NJ. from her comments it seems the Orthodox/Hasidic Jewish community feel they can practice and live under different rules then the rest of Lakewood's citizens and the other residents of NJ.

Everyone have a good evening. Best to all enjoying the start of open water fishing.  Good health wishes sent to everyone.
 Steve

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19131 on: Apr 01, 2020, 06:27 PM »
Mr. Clean - 6 rabbis have died in Lakewood within the past week from the virus - NJ gov. has directed local law enforcement to break-up, ticket, arrest as needed - let's see how
      that works
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19132 on: Apr 02, 2020, 01:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy skies 31*, some rain expected today high of 47.

Steve...your reply here was recognition enough, will pass that on to the crew...Thank You.   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...wow, such a needless loss of life and risk to the congregations and public. Hopefully the policing will help them wake up.  :cookoo:
  Dave...that’s real unfortunate about the insulation. Wonder if it would be worth a call to the supplier to see if you could place an order/pay over the phone and have them set up your order outside..like take out?
  Bud...seems like everyone is stocking up on guns and ammo. We have a transfer station here for our garbage, usually open 3 days a week, now only 1 full day and 4 hours on Sunday. Might be a good time to start a compost pile, eliminate some food scraps and paper items?
  OG...hope all is well in your neck of the woods! The time off will surely help with the To Do List... :thumbsup:
  H2... I dread the thought of the grocery store myself...unfortunately, that’s on my agenda after work today. 
  Wally...going to attempt signing up for Unemployment on line, understand there is a major problem with system overload and getting through at this point, nightmare.  Hopefully they’ll get that issue resolved soon.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...that’s terrible about your son getting another layoff again, fingers crossed they’ll continue on.  :thumbsup:  So many people out of work, just don’t know how this whole sad deal is going to play out.
  Spitz...best wishes with the new prescription Sir, hope that does the trick!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope all is well with you and the ladies!   :thumbsup:

Down to the last 2 shifts at the workplace...sure seems strange saying that!
  Cawfee’s on gang....an extra pot for the Old Goat... ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19133 on: Apr 02, 2020, 05:02 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 34* and cloudy here on my hill, rain coming in later. ::)
                          Eddie.........I talked with #2 son last night and now they say they will continue after the bridge is down, they just finished get
                the deck off yesterday, beams coming off Friday and Saturday. :flex: My neighbor has been trying to sign up for Unenjoyment since last
                Wednesday. :blink:
                          Steve........My wife's car was suppose to be done last Friday, I called them Monday, they found more damage when they got it apart
                and had to order more parts, now sometime next week. She's in no hurry, she isn't going anywhere. :unsure:
                          Wally........Sorry that the weather wasn't better so you could get out. :(
                          Dave........Eddie has the right idea, a local lumber yard here is open and you call ahead make your order they will get it together and
               have it at the gate when you arrive. :thumbsup:
                         H2L..........I go to the grocery store at 6 am, for seniors only, less crowds at that hour. You just have to make sure you have some hand
              sanitizer, or hopefully the store has the sanitize wipes at the door. :whistle: I take some Clorox wipes in a Ziploc baggy with me.  :flex:
                         Marv........What's on your agenda today? ???
                         Yesterday was a payday for me and I paid some bills, so I asked my wife if she wanted to take a ride to the post office, surprising enough
             she came with me. After mailing the bills out we went down to Lake George just to stay out for awhile. There were about a half dozen boat trailers
             at the boat ramp parking, guys were out fishing. When we got home I started to stack some wood in my woodshed.
                        Not much going on today, may I'll get some more wood stacked before it rains.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at home social distancing. Stay safe and healthy.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19134 on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:06 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....I'm sure today and tomorrow will be bittersweet for you and the crew  :(  thoughts and prayers to you all as your world changes, thanks for sticking it out as long as possible  :flex:  :thumbsup:

IW....looks like a decent day to get outside for a walk  ;)

H2L.....hope all enjoyed the ride yesterday  ;)2 

OG.....you have a very good memory  :bow:  I had to stop a minute and think "what the heck is evo2"  :blink: ???  :roflmao:

CapJ.....sad that some feel their religion gives them a free pass to ignore common sense  :wacko:

Not much happening here, doing a few odds and ends on the boat  :)   Any of you NY guys know someone looking for a boat our old one is for sale. PM me and I'll give you the details.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19135 on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:22 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

46 rain moving in later today :whistle:

Just a quick Hello before "The Office" gets going. I have been following along on my phone, glad everyone is staying healthy :clap:

I picked up a big job last week. I had anticipated starting it this week but everyday they talked rain moving in so I didn't. I am planning to start that on Monday. The job is on the far side of an undeveloped lot so I can be by myself.

Yesterday I started making my 2022 wood supply. Of course I overdid it so am paying the price today. I hope to work on it some more today, guess I will see how my back feels after some time on the heating pad as the ice pack didn't help

Thoughts and prayers across "The Globe". Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19136 on: Apr 02, 2020, 06:44 AM »
35* and a few clouds around this morning.
WS, I don't miss the "firewood" at all. The "remote" is so much easier on the back....lol

I guess they had a good time on the ride. Rode up to Indian Lake. It was a nice day. I stayed home and made some phone calls.

Not a lot planned for today, just laying low. May take a ride down to see if the ice is off on the main part of the lake. One of the guys I talked to yesterday said it is gone on the arm down toward the dam.

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19137 on: Apr 02, 2020, 08:01 AM »
WS..... :nono: :pinch: :flex: :whistle: >:D :woot:  hope the heating pad helps  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19138 on: Apr 02, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Marv..... I know the feeling, I just came in from stacking to give my back a rest. I take some Tylenol before I start, I think it helps.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19139 on: Apr 02, 2020, 12:18 PM »
Slept in late Hi all. The cleaning is slowly getting done. I took a break to visit state park and drop a line. Soon after I realized I didn't renew it. Reel in go get license and maybe try today. Oops. The store had shimano catana 1000 for 30 bucks not sure if that's a great deal or not; 20.00 off list of 49.99.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.