Ice Fishing Media > Ice Fishing Pictures

Ice season done

<< < (2/3) > >>

DowneastPescador:
Some nice fish. 8 is about how many times I get out a season these days as well.

FreshwaterPhil:

--- Quote from: DowneastPescador on Mar 13, 2024, 10:05 AM ---Some nice fish. 8 is about how many times I get out a season these days as well.

--- End quote ---

Yes, glad my shore fishing themed trip worked out. First time in a while I've been to Florida without getting out on a boat. Exploring a freshwater canals near my daughter's place on foot was tough, but ended up paying off on my last day. Those 2 freshwater pics were back to back fish, after a few days of getting mainly smaller ones.

Raquettedacker:
Nice job Phil ✌️✌️✌️

mr.clean:
 FreshwaterPhil, thank you for sharing the photos , I maybe wrong but it looks like you are holding a peacock Bass in the one photo. I did not know that there was a population of the species in the United States.

May you have a good open water fishing season.
  steve

FreshwaterPhil:

--- Quote from: mr.clean on Mar 13, 2024, 07:52 PM --- FreshwaterPhil, thank you for sharing the photos , I maybe wrong but it looks like you are holding a peacock Bass in the one photo. I did not know that there was a population of the species in the United States.

May you have a good open water fishing season.
  steve

--- End quote ---

Yes, peacock bass. Mayan Cichilds got into many South Florida waterways, and I believe the peacocks were put in to control the population. Pretty much every freshwater canal in the Miami area has them now. Saved me a trip to the Amazon rainforest :)

They also have a huge explosion of snakeheads a bit further North and into everglades, as well as iguanas and pythons, to the point where the state is paying bounties on them to try to eradicate them. One of my backup "retirement plans".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version