Author Topic: Summit in case you were curious  (Read 1284 times)

Offline RobertFitz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Summit in case you were curious
« on: Jan 18, 2024, 09:55 PM »
Went there today and causeway was pretty packed. Decided to make my way to see what the rest of the lake had. Beach had 2, sunset had 0 and camp had at least 2. Settled on camp due to not wanting to crowd. Got lookers but no takers. To catch them should have followed the crowd but happy I got out for maybe my only time on the ice this year. Anyone wondering about the causeway, look at Navi to see the about depth of everyone on the pic, but "jiggy" bait does great with the info. Camp was about 4 inches+. Bring a spud and picks as always and stay safe!

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Summit in case you were curious
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2024, 09:32 AM »
Fished summit yesterday and did well 9.5 fow sparse weeds. Small walleye two big perch and around 25 good gills. A couple buddies were the beneficiary of my catch. Around 6 " of ice where I was. Causeway

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2024, 02:22 PM »
By the way I found something of value laying on the ice when I went to leave at dark. If you were there yesterday let me know and I'll return it. 

Offline Lite-Bite

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2024, 09:00 PM »
Got out-fished this evening at Summit by a 7 year old. Haha

Luckily found a few at 10 feet and watched the little guy trying to figure out how to hook em. Ran into several good people out fishing. Hope your all getting some good ones! Sorry to see it end next week.

If I were to try to catch a walleye or 2, should I bounce a minnow on the bottom.?  Do I need to look for a steep break?

Offline jr11888

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2024, 08:58 PM »
Found the owner of a brand new spud I found on the ice at summit. Sometimes things work out for the good. Went through Scott at getting jiggy with it at summit lake. He saw.on Facebook where a guy posted he lost it. I got his number and the rest is history.

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2024, 09:09 PM »
Doing the right thing.
That’s what it is all about.

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2024, 07:41 PM »
Thanks for being an honest fisherman.  Not too any of us left.

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2024, 10:15 PM »
Found the owner of a brand new spud I found on the ice at summit. Sometimes things work out for the good. Went through Scott at getting jiggy with it at summit lake. He saw.on Facebook where a guy posted he lost it. I got his number and the rest is history.

Excellent. I guess Facebook has some small amount of usefulness.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.