Author Topic: Repair for melted Frabil SnoSuit  (Read 735 times)

Offline jas270

• IceShanty Rookie
Repair for melted Frabil SnoSuit
« on: Nov 16, 2018, 12:27 PM »
Hello,
I had my leg too close to my sunflower heater last year and melted a hole in the leg of my Frabil Snosuit.  Does anyone know where I could get it fixed with a suitable replacement material?  I'm located in Regina.  I want something waterproof as it is on the lower part of my leg...if not Gorilla tape again!  FWIW, it held up incredibly well last year and never came off.

TIA

Offline JayWirth

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Repair for melted Frabil SnoSuit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2018, 12:31 PM »
I always think of how the school bus seats were sewn over to repair rips as a kid in the 70s as a good fix.  Though the patches they have for the flip up sleds (Clam, eskimo, etc) would probably do well especially if you had a tailor sew the edges.
Everyone has a responsibility to not only tolerate another person's point of view, but also to accept it eagerly as a challenge to your own understanding. And express those challenges in terms of serving other people. Arlo Guthrie

Offline speckspotter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2018, 08:28 AM »
A good sewing place should work for you. i took my coveralls that got melted by the auger ( the world hates us lefties ) to Kay's in Saskatoon and she did a great job stitching new heavy nylon over the holes. They are now my "custom coveralls".

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2018, 08:40 AM »

Any boat canvas builders around maybe they could fix them , good luck

Offline Blue Hog Ridr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2018, 01:22 AM »
Cabela's,  sells Gortex  sticky patches. For waders or boat tarp covers.   I bought a pack because mice drilled a hole in my boat tarp.  Any shoe repair place likely sells the same.   If you are in Regina,  Clark's Luggage repair is excellent.   They can repair anything.   Mainly the reason why I seriously dislike being around Sunflower heaters. 
Fishing is good for your Mind, Body and Soul.
Actually catching a fish or two is a nice by product of a day well spent.

The next time that you don't feel like going into work, don't give your Boss any excuses (Hes heard them all), just say, "I'm going fishing, wanna come".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.