Author Topic: Flip over ice fishing shelter  (Read 691 times)

Offline Timetofish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Flip over ice fishing shelter
« on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:07 AM »
With some cold weather happening, thinking about a shelter I could pull behind a sled and be quick to set up. Looking at larger size, which are very expensive. The fishing hole handles Eskimo grizzly and Cabela’s handles otter x-over lodge, can’t seem to find frabrll dealer. Would appreciate any input, are easy to set up, strong, portable, room in sled for tackle, auger. Thanks

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Flip over ice fishing shelter
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:34 AM »
All the major brands seem to be built with really good quality. I have a clam x2 thermal which has been great. The otter really seems to be regarded as the best in the industry. I have sat in all the brands and tested them out. I think the outer shell of the otter and the poles are the best. I do like my clam seats the best and the light colored tub. A lot of guys are brand loyal but I really think you cant go wrong with the top models from all the major brands. If your able to sit in them and test them out for your preference, thats what I recommend. I had actually ordered a otter before I sat in the seats. I happened to sit in one while on back order and I cancelled the order because the seat in the one I sat in made you feel you where leaning slightly forward. I sat in the clam seat and it sold me on it. Good luck

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Flip over ice fishing shelter
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2018, 07:45 AM »

What ever brand you decide on do your self a favor and add a runner kit ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.