Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 224874 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4620 on: Apr 04, 2024, 01:58 PM »
Eddie……thought of you as soon as I saw this  ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4621 on: Apr 04, 2024, 02:23 PM »
Another busy work week. Co-worker had some training that he had to go to and do so been covering for that. Wife was already to go and take the boat out one afternoon then work and getting her ready for the expo this weekend got in the way. Oh well there will be time but man yesterday afternoon was beautiful. Today not so much windy as another storm system is moving in. Glad everyone is surviving the snow storm. Hopefully the weather gets a little more stable, not looking forward to the heat but would be nice to have some stable weather. But I guess it is nice to have the moisture for the grass to grow. Have a good one everyone, better get back to work.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4622 on: Apr 04, 2024, 03:20 PM »
IW
Dealing with a bit of wind are ye?  ;)2

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4623 on: Apr 04, 2024, 08:57 PM »
 Good evening, May everyone among the 9:45 who was in the path of this last storm system have your electric power. I had maybe 1 inch of snow on vehicles ,roof tops and unpaved surfaces melted/washed away as snow changed to rain. delayed school openings around my area. many people in the tri-state area still without electric power at this time. I have not heard from my sister and BIL so assume all is good with them.

Ice wandered may your generator be off and regular power restored. I know once your neighbor's and son's have dug out and if they have no major problems will help you clear snow at your home.
Wallyworld may MR.WW be home and resting a big thank you to him and others who got pressed into service during these bad weather events. Sorry you lost the apple tree. Once Spring finally arrives maybe plant a replacement shield it from the deer for a few years so it can grow and then be able to with stand their visits.
Hunts2long with the help of your snowblower may the majority of your driveway be cleared of snow. I also hope you see no problems from being close to the Sacandaga river. There is concern in Northern new jersey that the Passaic river may flood in spots. i assume alerts for flooding will stay in place for the Mohawk and Hudson River as water from the Adirondacks makes it way south and down the Hudson to NYC harbor.
Eddie hopefully it did not take to many rounds to get snow cleared by you and a walk path made for your canine buddies. i hope it is not one of your relatives out gardening in the photo Wallyworld posted. ;D :whistle:
Drifter may things be good with you. got a chuckle from your comment and phot in the bad year for ice thread. a pity that you only had to drill through 3 feet of ice at times this Winter .

May everyone stay safe with all the severe weather around the United States.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4624 on: Apr 05, 2024, 04:57 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 25* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                           Eddie.............I only did one round with the blower, blowing about 13" of snow. :whistle: Surprisingly it blew the snow a good 40' :flex:
                           Wally.............It's early enough, maybe Mr. WW can dig the hole deeper and replant the tree. Then drive some stakes and wire it in place. :unsure:
                           H2l................For tunately we didn't get the wind, I was looking for it but for some reason it never showed here. :thumbsup:
                           Dave.............No wind. :clap:
                           Steve............I'm sure there is going to be some flooding, next weeks temperatures are supposed to be in the 60's*. :whistle:
                           Fish..............Arou nd here people are praying for a dry summer, since last summer was wet and the snow and rain we've had this winter. :blink:
                           The power flickered off and on a half dozen time, then abouty it went out at 8:35 am so I went out and snow blowed my driveway. As I was just
                   finishing up, the power came back on. The snow that slid off my front roof was so packed in that I couldn't get it down to a flat walkway. I said screw
                   it, it will melt. In the afternoon the sun tried coming out but never go strong enough to do any melting. Everyone I talk to, I remind them that on May 9th
                   1977 we had 18" overnight and the next day it was 85*
                           I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4625 on: Apr 05, 2024, 06:06 AM »
29* and cloudy.

We ended up with about 8" of snow and by late afternoon it had settled to about 4", no loss of power but did see some crews around.

Lindsay and Rocky came up and we had Chinese for lunch then watched a movie.

I believe the wife had a good night, she didn't wake me with one of her coughing spells or I slept thru it.

IW, we didn't get very much wind.

Mr.C, the lake is right at the normal early May level and even with the snow we have gotten the past couple weeks it has stayed with 1 or 2 inches of that mark, it is about a foot and a half from going over the "spillway". They must be letting it out very slow to control levels downstream and at the same time not let it get too high here.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well.....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4626 on: Apr 05, 2024, 07:04 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  30* with some NW winds this am, high of 40.

H2…we ended up with 8” of snow here as well and similar conditions. Never did get the high winds like some areas…and no complaints!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…glad you were able to knockout that snowfall in one pass yesterday and see you posting this morning!! Was keeping an eye on your area with local news yesterday, thought for sure you’d end up with 20” or more the way some channels were broadcasting. Hopefully that’s it for this season…but I’ll wait till May before resting the snowblower.   ;D
  Steve…like Jeff, I only needed one pass with the snowblower for the most part. Did have some trouble with that wet snow packing up several times but expected that. Don’t recognize the woman gardening, but she could be a distant relative??  ;D
 Dave…hope all is well up in the Great North!! Maybe next season you’ll get better ice…. :whistle: :roflmao:
  FH4…hope you have a good wrap to the week and clear sailing this weekend.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…awesome picture, that’s what my garden looks like today!   :clap: 

See our lawmakers here in NY failed to pass the Budget again…typical foolishness and business as usual.  :cookoo:
  Had 1 number twice in the PowerBall game….will try again as nobody hit the top prize!  Cawfee’s on…
   Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4627 on: Apr 05, 2024, 08:05 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....I had 2 numbers which means I won diddly squat  :pinch:

IW.....that snow will melt sooner or later, in the meantime it will keep the riff raff from ringing your door bell  :roflmao:

H2L....glad to hear there was no coughing spell during the night, hope it's continues that way  :thumbsup:

MrC.....fingers crossed no news is good news as far as your sister & b-i-l are concerned  ;)

FH4.....TGIF, have a good weekend whatever your plans  @)

A fresh dusting this morning  ::)  thankfully the wind has settled down, think most people have power restored in this area now  :clap:  I can't imagine what a hurricane or tornado would be like  :o  the winds we had were bad enough  :blink:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4628 on: Apr 05, 2024, 11:52 AM »
The wife has an expo tomorrow so getting ready for that, she had a mom's night out with some other homeschool mom's.  Winter weather supposed to move back in tonight through Monday. hopefully no cloud cover so we can see the partial eclipse Monday.  Maybe Sunday the weather will be nice and go out and do something but not looking like it.  Have a great weekend everyone, Dave hopefully cabin and some fishing for you this weekend before the ice goes out for you.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4629 on: Apr 05, 2024, 09:15 PM »
Good evening, Many of you already may have heard about this a 4.8 magnitude earthquake occurred earlier today it's epicenter was Whitehouse Station, NJ. I personally did not feel anything talked with my sister and BIL both were out of their home at the time the quake happened my BIL felt it and people evacuated the building he was in at that time. My sister felt nothing she told me they had a mild after shock around 5 PM .
Ice wanderer glad you only had to do one round of snow blowing. Hopefully the snow melts fast so you can use your front entrance to house.
Hunts2long happy for your wife and you that the new medications seems to be helping her may she get over the Covid quickly. Thank you for the report on GSL.
Eddie good that you also only need one round with the snow blower and that it could handle the wet heavy snow with a few clogs  of the chute. i guess passing an on time budget not a big concern currently in Albany, Like it was a few years back. I did not read it but saw a news article asking which will happen first the eclipse or Ny. passing it's budget. Given NY.'s history i say the eclipse.
Wallyworld some good advice from Ice Wanderer it might be worth an attempt to try and replant/save the apple tree. Hopefully none of us ever has to experience a hurricane 's full force or a tornado.
Fish/hunt4ever sorry I overlooked your post yesterday. best to your wife at tomorrow's expo. may you and the family get to see some of the eclipse on Monday. if you forecast is correct guess, we in the northeast will see more rain/snow next weekend or sooner depending on the storm track.

Have a safe and nice weekend Take the proper precautions if planning to view the eclipse on Monday. Also on the health front one of the larger egg producers in Texas has halted production because of outbreak of some strain of Avian flu. it is believed eggs currently in stores are safe to consume cook them to a temperature of 165 degrees so avoid any runny yolks for a while until the outbreak is controlled.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4630 on: Apr 06, 2024, 05:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 28* and there is a dusting on the ground. ::)
                           H2l.............I'm glad your wife is starting to sleep better due to the meds. :thumbsup: A lot of crews still around my area. :whistle:
                           Eddie..........My new blower never clogged once, I'm impressed. :flex:
                           Wally..........Those northwest winds can be brutal. :blink:
                           Fish ...........I hope your wife had a good time with the other mothers. :thumbsup:
                           Steve..........I didn't feel the earthquake but the guy that is building the cabin down the road said that it rattled his house in Schuylerville. :whistle:
                           The woman's basketball games have been exciting to say the least. Looking forward to the game tomorrow.
                           I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4631 on: Apr 06, 2024, 06:20 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....glad all is well with you, your sister & b-i-l after the quake  :thumbsup:  I didn't feel it here but other people in the area say they did  :unsure:

IW.....the wind was straight out of the east  :o  that is the only wind that really seems to be a problem for our property  ::)

H2L.....fingers crossed you and MrsH2 had another cough free night  ;)

Eddie....will be grabbing another couple tickets today  :whistle:

FH4......hope the expo goes well for MrsFH today  :)

See another bridge worker's remains were found yesterday, may he RIP  :'(

No new snow this morning  :thumbsup: :clap: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4632 on: Apr 06, 2024, 06:46 AM »
34* and some clouds around.

The wife and I felt the earthquake. Brought back memories, while stationed on Adak, Alaska had them quite often. Can you imagine if this one had happened during the "eclipse", it would bring the NUTS out of the woodwork.

Eddie, I got my ticket, boy are we going to have a PARTY at WW's.

Most of the snow has gone, maybe 1 inch left.

Talked to my brother yesterday, they boiled once this past week and will be boiling on Sunday.

The wife had another pretty good night.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4633 on: Apr 06, 2024, 08:05 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 35*, high of 44 today. Was snowing lightly this am, just another dusting of fertilizer.  ;D

H2…seems like the new meds are working pretty well for your wife!  :clap:  Still a good 4” or so of snow on the ground here yet. Was down in Albany yesterday and not a sign of any snow at all…saw some lawns that actually need a mowing right now, lol.
  Wally…I’m going to throw a few extra bucks at the PowerBall today. Heard it mentioned that the cash value of the jackpot $1.3 Billion is only $600 Million…I’m sure that would work, but what a sad thing!   :whistle:  ;D
  Jeff…the women’s basketball tournament has been excellent, some outstanding games for sure! Hoping to see Caitlin Clark and the Iowa team take down undefeated South Carolina to win the Championship tomorrow.  :clap:
  Steve…glad no problems for your family with that earthquake! I agree with you on the eclipse vs. the budget, seems like a pretty safe bet!    :thumbsup:
  FH4…best wishes to your wife the expo today, hope the cash register will be ringing steadily!   :thumbsup:

I didn’t feel the earthquake yesterday as I was driving at the time, but most all of my family members did. One of my brothers thought some of the huge pine trees surrounding his property fell and hit the house. He was relieved that wasn’t the case…. ;D
   Men’s NCAA Final Four games tonight, hoping to see Purdue advance and take the Championship on Monday. Keeping the fingers crossed for clear weather Monday, looking forward to the eclipse even though it will only be at 96% here they say.   Cawfee’s still hot….I see peanut butter cookies under the dome!   ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4634 on: Apr 06, 2024, 10:38 AM »
Well it is snowing and raining here today, got all set up at the expo and hanging out with the wife. Glad everyone made it through the earthquake without and damage. No snow sticking around but the roads and grass are wet, a nice spring moisture event. Will make all the animals happy with the green grass, plus the farmers are liking the moisture but also trying to get their fields plowed and planted.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4635 on: Apr 06, 2024, 05:45 PM »
Good afternoon, one thing for certain is getting an appointment to have service/repairs to a class C RV is like I suspect find a heart transplant, or maybe the comparison’s should be for a brain transplant 😱😱😱

Nice display FH4 :thumbsup:

Back to trying to get onboard generator worked on, been put on hold long enough
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4636 on: Apr 07, 2024, 06:13 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....hope you can get that appointment soon  :unsure:

FH4.....how were sales yesterday  ???

H2L.....glad to hear the meds seem to be working  :clap:

Eddie.....I WON !!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 number and the power ball, $4.00  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :thumbsup:

IW.....hope your snow has finally melted  :-\

Nothing much planned today, my brother's coming over later that's about it.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4637 on: Apr 07, 2024, 06:23 AM »
31* and sunny, just about all the snow has left the yard again.

WW, congrats on the "big" win.

F/H4, hope the wife did well at the sale.

Not much planned for today, Hi/Lo's tonight, then it is over until Sept.

Be safe and have a good day...h2l 
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4638 on: Apr 07, 2024, 06:41 AM »

Good morning Pat, Doug,
                      It's 28* and clear with the high at 50*.
                      Wally.............Cong ratulations  :roflmao:
                      H2l................I'm glad your wife is getting a better nights sleep. :thumbsup: Maybe her energy level will pick up. :whistle:
                      Fish...............Wha t are in the bottles that your wife is selling? ??? It's a nice looking display. :flex:
                      Bud...............I hope you can get everything working. :blink:
                      The Eclipse is bringing a lot of people to my area, a lot of crazies came to town. :cookoo:
                      I got a message from Whopper Stopper and his wife's dad passed away last night. :(
                      I still have a lot of snow on the ground here.
                      I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4639 on: Apr 07, 2024, 07:05 AM »
Good morning. Bit of a sad day to start with, learning of a niece’s passing so sad only 65  :'( :'(
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4640 on: Apr 07, 2024, 07:42 AM »
Bud….my condolences on the loss of your niece, may she RIP

Marv…..my condolences on your Father-in-law’s passing, may he also RIP

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4641 on: Apr 07, 2024, 09:44 AM »
Bud and Marv sorry for the loss for each of you.

The bottles are BBQ sauces, rhubeque cherry whiskey green chili and others that they make, then there are some concentrated twisters that they make several different ones or the white lid ones on the bottom middle are take and drink lemonades to apple cider. Then you have the dandelion honey and spices with the bread and butter jalapeños. At the far end is their essential oil blends that they make with some of the daughters neck wraps and therapy wraps that they make. So lots of different things they do, but the sale yesterday was a bust maybe made back the table fee but it was pretty dead for this one. They moved this expo from February to this weekend and most said they did way better when it was in February. Oh well you never know how the sales are going to go.

Windy and snowy for the most part yesterday and windy this morning when I let the dogs out. Looking like the sun might be coming out and possibly getting a little calmer, not sure if I should hook up the boat and head out or not. Have a great day everyone

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4642 on: Apr 07, 2024, 07:39 PM »
Well no fish to the boat but seen a pheasant on the way home and the game and fish getting some eggs for the hatchery.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4643 on: Apr 08, 2024, 04:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 36* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                       Bud............My condolence to you and your family for your nieces passing, way too young. :(
                       Fish............That's quite array of goodies that they sell. :thumbsup: I don't know if your kids were on spring break or not but that might had
              something to do with the low turnout. :unsure:
                       Wally .........It looks like you are in a good position to see the eclipse. :thumbsup:
                       Eddie..........I hope you got to watch the women's championship game, but it was heartbreaking that Iowa lost. In my opinion South Carolina
              out rebounded Iowa the whole game. :whistle:
                       I have an early therapy appointment this morning.
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4644 on: Apr 08, 2024, 05:20 AM »
29* and clear.

IFF, sorry about the loss of your niece.

WS, give my condolences to your wife, sorry for his loss.

Had a pretty good night at the Hi/Lo's, my partner had 2 300's and a 265. It was 8 pin, no-tap. There were quite a few 300's.

The wife has an early appointment for an ultrasound.

Remember it is going to get "dark" early today!!!

Be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4645 on: Apr 08, 2024, 06:58 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....looks like we're between 99.9% and 100%  ???  not sure how they figure that

H2L.....sounds like a fun night to finish out the season  :thumbsup:

WS/IFF.....you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers  :'(

FH4......sorry to hear the sales weren't so good and the fish weren't biting  :-\

Nice bright sunny morning, will be outside for the BIG show this afternoon, hoping the clouds stay away  :unsure:

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4646 on: Apr 08, 2024, 06:59 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  32* with partly cloudy skies, high of 63 forecasted here today.

Marv…so sorry to read that about your Father-In-Law. Our Sincere Condolences to Jo, Jen & Family on the loss of their Dad. May he RIP. 🙏
  Bud….Sincere Condolences to You & Family on the passing of your niece. May she RIP.  🙏

H2…glad you had a good wrap up of the bowling season last evening!  :clap:  I’m not familiar with 8 pin, no tap…will have to google that…sounds interesting though!! Hope your wife has a good appointment this morning.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope your therapy session goes well this am!  :thumbsup:  What a great game that was yesterday. I was rooting for Iowa and Caitlin Clark for the win on one hand and South Carolina to finish with a 38-0 victory on the other, lol! It was certainly exciting! Hopefully tonight’s men’s Championship match will be similar.
  FH4…thanks for sharing the pictures of your outing and the expo!  Better luck with the fishing next trip and Very nice display of your wife’s goods at the expo. Maybe they’ll move the date back to February again after seeing the limited crowd and sales this year.   :thumbsup:
  Wally…looks like you and Mr.WW have some of the best seats in the house for the eclipse today!  :bow: :clap:
  Steve…Governor Hochul and company didn’t pass the Budget yet….maybe they’ll see clearly after the eclipse?   ;D

Yesterday’s warmer weather and abundant sunshine just about wiped out the snow here yesterday. Today’s 60* plus temps should take care of the rest. I’m still not comfortable enough yet putting the snowblower away, will wait for May.
  Excitement for the eclipse is building up more and more by the minute…make sure to wear your glasses today! Cawfee’s still on!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4647 on: Apr 08, 2024, 07:10 AM »
Eddie......don't be tempted to head toward your garden just yet either  :nono: :roflmao:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4648 on: Apr 09, 2024, 03:20 AM »
Good morning, everyone :bow:

Thanks to everyone extending their thoughts and condolences to my wife, s-i-l and family in the passing of their dad. The last few days have been filled with many childhood memories. The past 25 years he chose to exclude the girls from his life, a choice that neither of them will ever understand, but a choice they both came to grips with.

For 20+ years he and I were inseparable, spending countless hours doing trees, fishing, hunting and lots of shooting. I wouldn't have ever met my wife if it wasn't for him on one fateful Christmas Eve. When he decided to turn his back on his daughters, he was also forced to turn his back on me. I can honestly say I will always miss the guy that I knew, just not the guy he became.

The last few years he had been struggling with Alzheimer's. He seemed to want to make some amends but unfortunately, too little too late. He is being cremated and then a small ceremony will be held for him on Friday morning at a military cemetery in the metro. I am sure it will be a hard day for all of us, especially the girls.

Again, thanks for the condolences, I passed them along to the girls, they said "Thank You".

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4649 on: Apr 09, 2024, 03:36 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....losing someone once is hard, losing them the second time isn't any easier  :'( :'( :'(  cherish the memories of the good times and let the rest fade into the background

Last minute plan this morning, heading to the lake  :thumbsup: :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.