The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: check in:Wisconsin members  (Read 161352 times)

Offline Ole_gonefishing

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: check in:Wisconsin members
« Reply #810 on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:56 PM »
Checking in from Cumberland.
What an ice hole...

Offline Le Barbra Rouge

• IceShanty Rookie
  • slot Limits for the future!
« Reply #811 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:31 AM »
West Kenosha checking in!
3 things I hate. Cold coffee, wet toilet paper, and waiting

Offline Sporty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #812 on: Jan 20, 2016, 03:02 PM »
North east Wi checking in, ice conditions looking good since cold spell Shawano lake seen first car on cecil bay 12-14 inches
Sporty

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #813 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:57 PM »
Welcome to the Wisconsin board on Ice Shanty everyone! Things are looking up here with 6-7 inches of great ice in most places in SE WI.

If you're new to the site make sure you mouse through everything. There's a ton of information and diverse opinions with something for everyone.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline potatosal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #814 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:53 PM »
Checking in from Racine.  I just moved here from St. Louis a few months ago.  Originally from upstate NY.  I have all my gear ready and I'm looking to meet some fishing buddies.  I like to fish for just about anything and I love eating what I catch. 

Went out Sunday to Wind Lake.  -5F without wind, -30F with wind.  Caught a 25" northern on a large shiner just shy of the 26" minimum.  Had to check my holes often as they were freezing over in 30 minutes.

Will trade venison jerky or sausage for tips!  I'd like to find some walleye and friends on the ice close to me. 
Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for life.  Give a man someone else's fish and he'll vote for you.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #815 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:55 AM »
I hear an ATV went through in Madison and the angler had to be rescued, hopefully nobody here.

Offline dgustaf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #816 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:55 AM »
Gus from Tomahawk, WI

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #817 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:38 PM »
Welcome to IS dgustaf! If you like ice fishing you found the right place!

@ potatosal: do you have a relative named "Tater Salad"?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

@ 52: All those Dane County lakes dictate certified flotation on any vehicle that hits the ice. Sheriff's department does the cert. It would be unlikely that someone wound up in extremely dire straights.... That said, wet AND cold $ucks!

Offline dwhitlock

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #818 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:41 PM »
Here in Balsam Lake
GOOD FISHING & TIGHT LINES

Offline Lead-core

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #819 on: Jan 24, 2016, 08:15 PM »
Check in: Sheboygan county

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #820 on: Jan 25, 2016, 09:02 PM »
Late start to ice fishing, but lately it has been good.  Blue gills on the Madison chain, pike anywhere, and trout on Devils Lake south of Baraboo. 

Offline potatosal

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #821 on: Jan 30, 2016, 04:36 PM »
"@ potatosal: do you have a relative named "Tater Salad"?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:"

You are the first person in several years of having this handle to guess correctly.  I also just really like potato salad.
Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for life.  Give a man someone else's fish and he'll vote for you.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #822 on: Jan 30, 2016, 06:11 PM »
"@ potatosal: do you have a relative named "Tater Salad"?  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:"

You are the first person in several years of having this handle to guess correctly.  I also just really like potato salad.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: AND I like Scotch and cigars....... :woot:

Offline FLYING TIGER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #823 on: Feb 01, 2016, 10:36 AM »
Flying tiger here I got a fish fry this weekend perch and gills ft out.  :tipup: :tipup: : :tipup:   :)
love paying taxes to the state thanks for asking

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #824 on: Feb 01, 2016, 03:40 PM »

We fished a 30' deep pond on a local golf course this past weekend. My buddy is the course Superintendent. I took home 20 nice gills/pumpkinseeds, also caught nice Bass and gave it away. I don't eat bass.

Offline MattR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #825 on: Feb 12, 2016, 12:31 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

We fished a 30' deep pond on a local golf course this past weekend. My buddy is the course Superintendent. I took home 20 nice gills/pumpkinseeds, also caught nice Bass and gave it away. I don't eat bass.

Nice catch. Before I moved farther North I used to fish a golf course pond and always had great luck.

Offline wallyhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Nothing better than floppin' fish on the ice!
« Reply #826 on: Feb 21, 2016, 02:32 PM »
Plover, WI. Back home in God's Country, been gone too long.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #827 on: Feb 21, 2016, 04:23 PM »
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #828 on: Feb 22, 2016, 11:47 AM »
Because one of the guys I was with does eat them.  The course allowed us to fish their ponds, with my buddy the Superintendent, was because they're emptying all of them this spring. So, they'd have become fertilizer or table fare.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #829 on: Feb 22, 2016, 08:21 PM »
Because one of the guys I was with does eat them.  The course allowed us to fish their ponds, with my buddy the Superintendent, was because they're emptying all of them this spring. So, they'd have become fertilizer or table fare.
Good enough just didnt want to see waste
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #830 on: Mar 06, 2016, 07:01 PM »
Good news fellas, especially folks south of wausau, plenty of ice up in Vilas co. I fished the Cisco Chain this past weekend, 21 inches of ice and travel conditions are perfect with zero slush as of this am. Even with some warm weather coming up this week, pan fishing should be good for next weekend yet.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #831 on: Mar 06, 2016, 07:42 PM »
Thanks for the report 52! I'll be headed up to St. Germain area for crappies on tipdowns when I get "the call"....  ;D At least I won't need the auger extension. BTW, outside chance, you don't happen to know a Hollowell? Old work friend of mine was fishing Lando this past week.

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #832 on: Mar 07, 2016, 08:12 AM »
Thanks for the report 52! I'll be headed up to St. Germain area for crappies on tipdowns when I get "the call"....  ;D At least I won't need the auger extension. BTW, outside chance, you don't happen to know a Hollowell? Old work friend of mine was fishing Lando this past week.

Nope, I don't recall ever hearing that name. Some pics of last weekend.

Then the snows

A co-worker of mine has a buddy who's making these tip-up lights now, so I tried them out. Pretty damn bright.

We ended up with only a few walleyes, 2 keepers, but did get a few bottle sized perch. Conditions were amazing, except for the near blizzard on friday. Hopefully the ice hangs on for a few more weeks so I can get back out for some pan fish.

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #833 on: Mar 07, 2016, 06:42 PM »
Ah! Now that's a sandwich! I fished down here on Sunday. Had maybe 8" of good ice left in Icehouse Bay on Okauchee. Some crappies, an 18" LMB, a 32" pike and a 46" musky got some sunlight. Everything was kept except the 'ski (of course). Pretty tight fit back down the hole. Won't be much left down here after this week.....

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #834 on: Oct 14, 2016, 07:59 PM »
Hah! I love it when I get this:

I know it's time...... Lots of folks lookin' to scratch the itch and no better place than good ol' IS. What a great place to learn and share with a zillion folks with a common interest.

I'm back, not everyday yet, but back nonetheless. How's about the rest of you WI hardwater fishers? Old Goat, you don't count, you live here all year  ;) (thanks for all your "great sale updates", I wish I was closer to Madtown sometimes).

Crappy news of the day: Mother of all El Ninos is well entrenched and that does not bode well for a decent ice season here in God's Country. That means if you have an opportunity, any opportunity, you better take it or it might evaporate.

Hah! I got it again!!! Zombie alert! Not only that but I got the last post here in March and I get to kick it off again.

Hey Cheesehead Icefisherfolks, time to rear our ugly heads and scratch the ice itch.  :clap: Some of the standbys have already started.  :thumbsup:

Better weather news this year: drier and colder than last. i like that, despite the fact that all my "Up North" connections are calling for warm and wet.  ::) I guess we'll see.

OK Cheeseheads, sound off and let's see who's still here and who's new in the zoo. Welcome in advance to all the noobs, if you love ice fishing this IS the place to be. Great info and an even greater community!

Ready...... Set........ Flaaaaaag!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #835 on: Oct 15, 2016, 08:27 AM »
well, as usual,I have been here all year but just monitoring things. welcome back.

HIMO
                                                                               Wisconsin Iceshanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline guthook1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #836 on: Oct 16, 2016, 01:00 PM »
Still here awaiting the hard water.  Will be angling in style, we just bought a used 16' wheelhouse.  For more mobile outings will use my Otter Cabin Pro.  In the meantime there is steelheading on the Brule.
bestfishes - jim

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #837 on: Oct 16, 2016, 02:24 PM »
You Wisconsin boys sure have it rough, lots of great ice fishing and best of all the Packers. Go Pack from a long time Iowegian Pack fan.  ;D ;D ;D
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #838 on: Oct 16, 2016, 03:11 PM »
You Wisconsin boys sure have it rough, lots of great ice fishing and best of all the Packers. Go Pack from a long time Iowegian Pack fan.  ;D ;D ;D

You are not alone.... My brother lives not too far from you in Ft. Dodge and is a huge green n gold fan. He and at least one pal make the pilgrimage to Lambeau every year for a game. I think this year he'll be at the Christmas Eve game.

Offline MisterIzzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ruining Everybody's Good Time
« Reply #839 on: Oct 17, 2016, 11:16 PM »
Checking in!

Hoosier here that discovered the Winnebago system last year.  I'm absolutely hooked!  I plan on making them my home waters every weekend. At a short 3hr drive every Friday after work, I'm golden.

New quad is in the garage, just looking for a 14' enclosed trailer to haul my goodies.

Definitely getting pumped.  ;D
Check out the Great Lakes Goofers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knttuPRpZbk

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.