The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: check in:Wisconsin members  (Read 161305 times)

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
Re: check in:Wisconsin members
« Reply #390 on: Oct 03, 2012, 08:42 AM »
Welcome Steve,  I have spent alot of time fishing your neck of the woods.  Whitman, Mosemans,  stone house etc...

Offline sunnie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #391 on: Oct 04, 2012, 09:19 AM »
Welcome Steve,  I have spent alot of time fishing your neck of the woods.  Whitman, Mosemans,  stone house etc...
wow addicted you do know my area well  all good spots at times whitman was always one of my secret out of the way spots that can be amazing at times ;)  im just a river rat and never really ice fished any lakes in =land though it is on my bucket list that i need to do this year   :icefish: :tipup:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #392 on: Oct 04, 2012, 10:25 AM »
wow addicted you do know my area well  all good spots at times whitman was always one of my secret out of the way spots that can be amazing at times ;)  im just a river rat and never really ice fished any lakes in =land though it is on my bucket list that i need to do this year   :icefish: :tipup:

I ' m a tranplanted river rat myself.  Originally from arcadia.  Loved fishing between the tubes and the dam.  Do you know the stone house high water secret?  (Open water that is)?

Offline KELLY T

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #393 on: Oct 04, 2012, 12:22 PM »
Kelly from Fennimore checking in!

Offline sunnie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #394 on: Oct 04, 2012, 12:54 PM »
I ' m a tranplanted river rat myself.  Originally from Arcadia.  Loved fishing between the tubes and the dam.  Do you know the stone house high water secret?  (Open water that is)?
NO i don't know it unless it has to do with the RR trestle  ;) I'm writing this in Arcadia on lunch break  but live in cochrane :tipup:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #395 on: Oct 04, 2012, 02:15 PM »
Yep the rr trestle.  Good times,  great memories.  Miss the river,  but lots of great fishing up here too.

Offline eyesonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #396 on: Oct 04, 2012, 09:16 PM »
Lars from Cumberland. Waiting for hardwater almost patiently.
FLLLLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! GOTCHA;

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #397 on: Oct 07, 2012, 09:57 PM »
Lars you lucky bugger, I make my way up there a couple times a year, but never enough. Way too many lakes to try up there while living down here. I fish mostly Duck Lake up there
The fishing is always great, the catching however, always isn't

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #398 on: Oct 10, 2012, 01:26 AM »
checking in, Waiting For The Ice... 

Offline trapster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #399 on: Oct 10, 2012, 10:16 AM »

there have been years that I've been on hard water by Thanksgiving.  Hope that this one.
Shut up and fish.

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #400 on: Oct 11, 2012, 12:52 AM »
there have been years that I've been on hard water by Thanksgiving.  Hope that this one.

I hope this year is one of them. Going to be hard to say because Thanksgiving is pretty early this year.

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #401 on: Oct 13, 2012, 09:41 PM »
That would be perfect. Get done deer hunting and hit the ice!

Offline CrappieNutJustin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #402 on: Oct 25, 2012, 10:02 AM »
im also hoping for an early season, i always do better on Wissota and Marshmiller in the winter than in the summer, catching a 7 pound smallmouth in ashland yday also rejuvinated the fishing juices!!!

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #403 on: Oct 25, 2012, 11:03 AM »
Man a lot of members are joining from the Eau Claire, Chippewa area. You know what that means?

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #404 on: Oct 25, 2012, 11:59 AM »
im also hoping for an early season, i always do better on Wissota and Marshmiller in the winter than in the summer, catching a 7 pound smallmouth in ashland yday also rejuvinated the fishing juices!!!

My friend owns that old log cabin on the island across from cedar inn resort. I used to fish Marshmiller alot.

HIMO
                                                                                                               Wisconsin Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline CrappieNutJustin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #405 on: Oct 25, 2012, 12:22 PM »
My friend owns that old log cabin on the island across from cedar inn resort. I used to fish Marshmiller alot.

HIMO
                                                                                                               Wisconsin Moderator

haha i actually fish near there quite often, its an amazing lake, i know everyone says its getting worse each year, but thats because alot of people are unwilling to move around a little bit, i actually think its gotten better!

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #406 on: Oct 25, 2012, 12:27 PM »
Man a lot of members are joining from the Eau Claire, Chippewa area. You know what that means?

New fishing buddies? Haha

Offline Michaelo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #407 on: Oct 25, 2012, 01:29 PM »
Tons haha we could have just a western WI get together and I bet there is about 8 members that would show up at least. You can cover a lot of ground with 8 people.

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #408 on: Oct 25, 2012, 01:41 PM »
Definitely liking your thinking! Am personally looking for a fishing buddy because my best bud lives over north of green bay now, most of the guys that fish with me just want me to take them to my honey homes and put then on fish and pretty much hold their hand, I'm done with that

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #409 on: Oct 25, 2012, 02:38 PM »
Tons haha we could have just a western WI get together and I bet there is about 8 members that would show up at least. You can cover a lot of ground with 8 people.

Sounds like the beginning of a network.  Divide and conquer different lakes, report info in network.  Working together to makes us all better more successful fishermen.  Thoughts?

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #410 on: Oct 25, 2012, 05:56 PM »
Sounds like the beginning of a network.  Divide and conquer different lakes, report info in network.  Working together to makes us all better more successful fishermen.  Thoughts?

Definitely like it!

Offline Junior.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #411 on: Oct 25, 2012, 11:31 PM »
Hey I'm Junior and I am from the Alma area. 

I fish mostly on the backwaters of the Mississippi.  I'm not too far from you Eau Claire boys.  Would love to come over and fish some of the lakes over there.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #412 on: Oct 26, 2012, 01:00 AM »
Hey Junior,

A lot of good lakes up here,  the main difference is mostly fishing deeper water, and bigger areas.  Used to live down near the river, and fished mosemans, the turn around, along with spots by Fountain City, Winona, Trempleau, and Onalaska.  You will have to come up some time and try it. 

Offline meier247

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #413 on: Oct 28, 2012, 04:38 PM »
Michael Meier Dodgeville Wi

Offline Junior.

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #414 on: Oct 31, 2012, 10:01 AM »
Hey Junior,

A lot of good lakes up here,  the main difference is mostly fishing deeper water, and bigger areas.  Used to live down near the river, and fished mosemans, the turn around, along with spots by Fountain City, Winona, Trempleau, and Onalaska.  You will have to come up some time and try it.

I fish the turn around a lot because I work right there.
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.

Offline newtoia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #415 on: Nov 01, 2012, 07:12 AM »
Racine area checking in.  hopefully we have some better ice in SE WI than we did last year!

Offline sunnie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #416 on: Nov 03, 2012, 05:32 PM »
I fish the turn around a lot because I work right there.
hey junior my son works there too and i fish up there some also. it would be fun to get together with some other ice heads on a lake some time ,  :)
im sure it would be fun and a great learning new stuff. :tipup:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #417 on: Nov 03, 2012, 10:14 PM »
hey junior my son works there too and i fish up there some also. it would be fun to get together with some other ice heads on a lake some time ,  :)
im sure it would be fun and a great learning new stuff. :tipup:

Well if you guys are interested, you are welcome to come to the get together in Chetek on 12/15.

Offline sunnie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #418 on: Nov 04, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Well if you guys are interested, you are welcome to come to the get together in Chetek on 12/15.
i would have really enjoyed that, :) getting to know others that love to do the same thing would be great but unfortunatly it my on call week as is every other week so i need to stay close to work so ill be on the backwaters near by. but i will keep a close eye on  this site as to any get togethers on my off week or even possibly PMing some on here as to a meeting and fishing somewhere sometime. :tipup:

Offline Buck1985

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The story of my life
« Reply #419 on: Nov 04, 2012, 01:32 PM »
i would have really enjoyed that, :) getting to know others that love to do the same thing would be great but unfortunatly it my on call week as is every other week so i need to stay close to work so ill be on the backwaters near by. but i will keep a close eye on  this site as to any get togethers on my off week or even possibly PMing some on here as to a meeting and fishing somewhere sometime. :tipup:

I'd be game to go out sometime on one of your off weeks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.