The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: check in:Wisconsin members  (Read 161312 times)

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: check in:Wisconsin members
« Reply #330 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:23 AM »
Checking in from Appleton.  Haven't been on this site in many years but used to come here back in the early 2000's when it was much smaller and more local WI oriented.  Boy has it grown since!  Of course I long forgot my original password but used to post as IceFishBaby.

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #331 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:27 AM »
Checking in from Appleton.  Haven't been on this site in many years but used to come here back in the early 2000's when it was much smaller and more local WI oriented.  Boy has it grown since!  Of course I long forgot my original password but used to post as IceFishBaby.
Welcome back!

Offline North

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #332 on: Dec 06, 2011, 09:40 AM »

Is this the same cousin eddie that trolles the big lake for summer chrome and goes by the same handle on another site is it?

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #333 on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:06 AM »
Is this the same cousin eddie that trolles the big lake for summer chrome and goes by the same handle on another site is it?

Nope, sorry, don't fish Michigan.  I'm on other sites but with a different handle.

Edit: anyone fish the Winnebago or Shawano areas much?  Those are the spots I would call "home" if I had to.  Maybe run into one of you guys sometime.  Met a guy who used to post here years ago, think he went by Igor.  He still around at all?

Offline THRILLBILLY608

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Rip some lips
« Reply #334 on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:18 AM »
checking in here lacrosse wisconnie
heres to the heat not the type that heats our shacks and shantys but the type that burns off bras and panties

Offline Ice Dog 67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DCB = Delta Bravo
« Reply #335 on: Dec 06, 2011, 11:24 AM »
In Eau Claire and ready to roll with some ice drilling, tip-upping, jigging, beer drinking, fish catching times! 

Offline gutshot_again

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #336 on: Dec 07, 2011, 07:26 AM »
Glenwood City here.  Just registered.  Fish St Croix (not much), Dunn (little), Barron some and mostly Polk.  Chomping on the bit to get out on Friday.  Should be enough ice, but I'll know for sure come Friday afternoon.

BTW, awesome site - plan to spend some time here.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Offline Telestogie71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #337 on: Dec 07, 2011, 09:45 AM »
Ready for another year! Drinking beer in fort lauderdale FL right now, but will be back home to Wausau tomorrow. Expecting enough ice to start this weekend. This warm sunny beach stuff is kind of depresing. Pretty exited to see some ice!

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #338 on: Dec 07, 2011, 06:11 PM »
4-5 Inches on my lake  ;D Took the dock out today. ( first use of the season is ti drill the dock post out.)

Going out for northerns/ walleyes on sat hoping for more ice.

Offline Flambeau Vista

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #339 on: Dec 07, 2011, 10:45 PM »
Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Park Falls , Wi.  Ice is on and should be good to go this weekend.
Scott

Offline hdtrucker2941

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #340 on: Dec 08, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Stopped by the boat landing just South of Webers Point on Shawano Lake today.  About 2 inches here.  Someone walked out and chipped some holes.  Still to thin for me.  I'll be safe and wait.   :tipup:

Offline Oahuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #341 on: Dec 09, 2011, 06:48 AM »
Good call!
I'm pretty dammit!

Offline cousin eddie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #342 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:42 AM »
Stopped by the boat landing just South of Webers Point on Shawano Lake today.  About 2 inches here.  Someone walked out and chipped some holes.  Still to thin for me.  I'll be safe and wait.   :tipup:

hd, let me know if you get back out there to check ice today.  Working on a cottage in the area tomorrow and bringing my gear to hopefully get on the ice sunday morning.  I did hear of a couple guys out in front of Kellogg's yesterday, caught some pike.

Offline madporider

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #343 on: Dec 09, 2011, 01:18 PM »
Ive heard that cecil bay on shawano lake will have plenty of fishermen this weekend definitely making ice today
give a man a fish and feed him for a day teach a man to fish and his wife will hate you for the rest of her life

Offline gutshot_again

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #344 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:05 PM »
All set to fish Lower Turtle Lake this afternoon (just sourth of Hiway 8).  On west side, ice close to shore was maybe 4 inches.  Lots of holes from guys testing the ice with spuds.  Further out  thinned fast.  Could have fished it, but felt uncomfortable so will wait until next weekend.  East side had less ice with very few test holes.  No one fishing and don't think anyone has been.

Magnor Lake south of Clayton had people on the west side in the bays fishing - three, counting two portable shacks.  East side didn't look good, and no test holes. 
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #345 on: Dec 10, 2011, 10:22 PM »
Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Park Falls , Wi.  Ice is on and should be good to go this weekend.

hey man, have you check the ice out there yet? thinkin of heading out there via 182 landing this week. but heard it might be a little sketchy yet.

welcome to the forums  @)

Offline jigginrap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #346 on: Dec 11, 2011, 03:34 PM »
I'm in madison

Offline Flambeau Vista

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #347 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:15 PM »
Here's a report on Turtle-Flambeau Flowage ice conditions.  Our guests report good ice, 3"-4", in the Lake Bastine Region.  Guide Bobby Orr emailed me that he is finding 6"-8" of ice near the Sturgeon Bay Landing.  Walleye action has been slow, but will hopefully improve with the low pressure front moving in tonight.
Scott

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #348 on: Dec 11, 2011, 11:10 PM »
good to hear vista :)

thought maybe would be bad hearing a sled already went through the ice up there LoL. knew at least one would do it this year like always :P

i doubt ill do any eye fishin up there this year with the 2 limit.  gunna try and find the crappies again this year.

thanks for the report ^^ fishin was a little slow over here as well. still catchin but nothing fast and furious.

Offline Cyconelli

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #349 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:24 AM »
I'd like to say hi, just joined the forums this month - from Green Bay.   Found you "guys" when I was trying to hook up my HDS unit to the Lowrance ice pack, great info found here! (Stuck a HDS7 unit into a dual battery PPP18i ice pack  ;)   )   

Been searching the forums to see how ice is going say North of 64, doesn't seem all that great.  Any further reports?  (I'll keep an eye under the ice condition thread)  ;D

Offline mjbmxz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Holy balls it's gonna pull us through the ice!
« Reply #350 on: Dec 14, 2011, 05:02 PM »
I'm here and ready!
Just Jiggle it, Jiggle It  :D

Offline HARDWAT3R H1CK

• IceShanty Rookie
  • this here is home of the helium heater!!
« Reply #351 on: Dec 15, 2011, 05:13 PM »
derek wisconsin

Offline disturbed229

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ADDICTED TO ICE.....
« Reply #352 on: Dec 17, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Jon from antigo

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #353 on: Dec 17, 2011, 01:33 PM »
Welcome Jon and Derek

Offline premfarm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #354 on: Dec 18, 2011, 07:03 AM »
reporting for duty from wausau :tipup:
a bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work.just joined great site

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #355 on: Dec 18, 2011, 07:18 AM »
teamlund checking in..... still waiting for ice :'(
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #356 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:53 AM »
New guy here from southeast Wi.

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #357 on: Dec 19, 2011, 11:51 AM »
Jason from DePere. Waiting for Whities on the Bay.

Offline WiscoJiggin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #358 on: Dec 20, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Ben - from the Madison area.  Hoping to be out in the La Crosse area Monday after Christmas.  Been tempted by ice nearby but still haven't found any quite safe enough yet.  Third year working on the hobby:)
Fishing is a delusion entirely surrounded by liars in old clothes.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Offline WalleyeCrawl10

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I Love My BeaverDams!
« Reply #359 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:12 PM »
WalleyCrawl10 from Tomahawk. New to the area, so if anyone has any tips about all the lakes in the area, don't be afraid to p.m. Good Luck everyone and be safe.  :tipup:
The Green Hornet Strikes Again! Caught my Limit....I see you only snagged one.

Two fish are on there, bonehead. And you know damn well that I throw back what I'm not gonna eat.

Oh yeah, like that 40 pound Musky your always yapping about, it's a shame nobody ever see's you with these monsters!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.