The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Sportsman's Warehouse  (Read 7019 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Sportsman's Warehouse
« Reply #30 on: Nov 18, 2019, 09:06 PM »
I do order ice fishing stuff from dicks on line. I have gotten some great deals through the coupons I get. But hands down the best place to go to for ice fishing equipment is runnings, they have a large selection.

Where is Runnings located and do they have a website, I've never heard of them before.

Offline Black Jack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:16 AM »
Looking forward to the day the F & S in Dickson City (Scranton area) separates itself from the connected Dick's under new ownership. Under Dick's, the selection of ice gear was (and is) terrible. Hopefully it would improve if someone like Sportsman's Warehouse takes over.

Offline ticktoc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 21, 2019, 11:40 AM »
I didn't know they sold. I was a big fan of sportsman Warehouse in North hills before they closed. It was always packed when I visited them. I was surprised when they closed. Glad they are back in the area. Thanks for the info.

Offline P-Wo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 03, 2019, 09:27 PM »
I stopped by on Sunday. I’ll give them more time to get situated before going back.

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2019, 05:40 AM »
I have a Gander Outdoors and Dick's both close to me. Gander is even more worthless than Dick's although neither one carries any Ice fishing equipment. Stopped at Gander 3 times last year and was told every time the ice fishing stuff was on the truck. Not sure but think the truck was on ice road truckers and went through the ice. Never did arrive in Muncy!! Looks like Gander Outdoors is folding or maybe they already have.

See there is a new Sportsman's Warehouse in Elmira, NY. May have to take a road trip and visit a buddy in Watkins and hit Sportsman's while there. Possibly do a side trip on way and hit Tackle Shack as well.
If you think your going to have a bad day you will seldom disappoint yourself!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2019, 07:48 AM »
I heard from someone that works at Gander that they are closing all the stores that do NOT sell camping/RV stuff. They closed 2 stores in our general area recently. Now, the closest Gander is 2 1/2 hrs away.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2019, 05:30 PM »
Hard Water Jim if you want to take a road trip for ice fishing gear check out the Hunter's Gallery in Hamlin, they have the best selection in the Scranton area.  I don't even waste my time going to Gander Mountain or whatever they call themselves this week or Dicks/Field and Stream.  I have a bigger selection of jigs in my tackle box than those two places.  The Gander Mountain in Dickson City went out of business a while ago then came back under Gander something or other and now they're going out of business to.  It's no surprise with their lousy selection and high prices.  As far as I'm concerned both Gander and Dicks/Field and Stream can both go out of business and it wouldn't be any loss.

Offline hard water jim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Chris, Thanks for info on Hunters Gallery. I may have to check that out before we get ice. I am also curious what Sportsman's Warehouse has in the way of ice fishing. I was in one in Boise Idaho 2 years ago and the Ice fishing selection was excellent. Don't know what selection they might have in the eastern stores. Sportsman's Warehouse just gives me a chance to catch up with my buddy in NY.
If you think your going to have a bad day you will seldom disappoint yourself!

Offline gallitzinice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 05, 2019, 05:00 PM »
Sportsman Warehouse also picked up the Field & Stream in Altoona.  When I was there a few weeks ago they were mostly selling the leftover F&S stuff.  Haven't been there recently so I don't know if they their ice fishing stuff out yet.

Offline Wheres Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 05, 2019, 05:03 PM »
Don’t waste the gas heading to the Altoona store, their ice fishing selection is terrible as of last week.

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 06, 2019, 09:07 PM »
Yeah, the new Sportsmans stores have to clear out space (left over F&S stuff) before they will start getting their own product in. Hopefully they have a busy holiday season and free up some floor space for some ice gear. I will say some of their prices are insane though like the 13 fishing Wicked rod that is $50 everywhere is listed at $200 there....?

Still have a F&S within 35mins and now Sportsmans 20mins the other way, looking forward to some variety.

Offline coldfingers

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I am therefore I fish.
« Reply #41 on: Dec 08, 2019, 08:03 PM »
One just opened in CampHill, formerly Dicks Field&Stream

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 08, 2019, 08:38 PM »
One just opened in CampHill, formerly Dicks Field&Stream

Wasn't that the location of the one that was there years ago

Chute82

« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2019, 03:53 PM »
Fin feather fur in Youngstown had a bunch of ice fishing stuff out today..shelter, augers, jigs, rods, sleds.  It’s a nice store.  https://www.finfeatherfur.com/

Offline StonecoldCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 11, 2019, 07:30 PM »
I have a Gander Outdoors and Dick's both close to me. Gander is even more worthless than Dick's although neither one carries any Ice fishing equipment. Stopped at Gander 3 times last year and was told every time the ice fishing stuff was on the truck. Not sure but think the truck was on ice road truckers and went through the ice. Never did arrive in Muncy!! Looks like Gander Outdoors is folding or maybe they already have.

See there is a new Sportsman's Warehouse in Elmira, NY. May have to take a road trip and visit a buddy in Watkins and hit Sportsman's while there. Possibly do a side trip on way and hit Tackle Shack as well.
   Gander,Muncy closing the end of the month.60% off whatever is left.Store's getting pretty empty but the parking lot's full tonite. Not sure that I need [or want]one,but I picked up one of these: 19qt for $40.https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/frabill-magnum-bait-station

Offline rabbitslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 15, 2019, 05:41 PM »
As others have said, the Sportsman Warehouse in Pittsburgh was awesome.  I’m totally done with Dicks as well as F and S.  Just today, I blocked the emails I got from both.  Last straw was trying to order chest waders.  I had $20 in rewards, they had $20 off orders of 100 or more with free shipping.  I placed the order.   A week later I checked the status only to see it had been canceled. I didn’t cancel it and I never got any notice.  I called.  Clueless flake kept calling them “wadders “ . I was on the phone with this idiot over 20 minutes.  She claimed I was somehow trying to use someone else’s reward $$.   After fighting with her over that, she agreed to add the credit back and asked if I wanted to place the order again. I said sure.   She then gives me the total but it was $20 more than when I ordered the first time. She explained that the special with 20 off 100 was over.  I was like no s&$!!&& Sherlock.   How’s that my fault.  They wouldn’t honor it.   I told her to shove the order up her “ butt”.   F em.   I’m done !!

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 15, 2019, 06:06 PM »
Sorry to hear your story , but welcome to the boycott brother . I personally wrote them off over the gun issue .

Offline Tom7541

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Dec 15, 2019, 11:01 PM »
Sportsman warehouse in Washington former f&s dose not have much and cabelas selection is the smallest i have ever seen one cabelas shelter and about a fou foot section of shelf space sad for one of the biggest outdoor retailers. Just go to fishusa.com they have everything and free shipping on orders over 50$ i always get my orders within 2 days so don’t pay the extra cash for two day shipping

Offline Peccavi18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 15, 2019, 11:45 PM »
Sportsman warehouse in Washington former f&s dose not have much and cabelas selection is the smallest i have ever seen one cabelas shelter and about a fou foot section of shelf space sad for one of the biggest outdoor retailers. Just go to fishusa.com they have everything and free shipping on orders over 50$ i always get my orders within 2 days so don’t pay the extra cash for two day shipping

Is the FishUSA storefront ice fishing section big? I've ordered from there but never been in the store.

Offline cajuntony

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 16, 2019, 01:42 AM »
Hey  Peccavi18 was up there jus a couple of weeks ago ...Fish USA has a huge warehouse but their store front is much smaller they do have a side display of kayaks as well ...my mini tour was very cool...

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:11 AM »
Their  Store is small but the guys will run back in the warehouse and get anything out that you want to look at andholding it in your hand like allot of us like to do.  Great place to deal with.dicks sucks

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Dec 16, 2019, 09:12 AM »
Fishusa

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.