The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Fish flasher  (Read 1082 times)

Offline chaight45

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish flasher
« on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:02 AM »
I’m finally going to buy a fish flasher and don’t really know much about them except how to use them, any comments on what brands or models to consider buying?
FLAG !!! 🎣

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Petros

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fish flasher
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2015, 07:27 AM »
vex or Marcum. Don't matter. First time u fish with one, it'll take a week to wipe the smile off ur face! Can't believe I ever caught fish without one!

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2015, 10:29 AM »
Agreed, for sure ,100%
I have mine 9 years,still smileing.
Vexilar fl 18.

Offline paramedicjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:01 AM »
I have had many folks lean over my shoulder to see how my showdown works . I enjoy showing others . Stop and check out what others are using , ask questions. I never mind helping out . FYI electronics are like pickup trucks , we all have our favorite and think there the best .

Offline Susky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:12 AM »
I have a hummingbird ICE 35 that should be delivered today!  I can't wait to get out there any try it. All my buddies say flashers are worth every penny.

Offline chaight45

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2015, 11:54 AM »
thanks guys
FLAG !!! 🎣

Offline Basspunker182

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Def are worth every penny ! I have a Marcum VX1-Pro, never leave home without it !

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2015, 02:37 PM »
I bought a Showdown Dual Beam two years ago and can't say enough good things about it.  It's simple to use and understand because the top of the screen is the top of the water column and the bottom of the screen is the lake bottom.  The buttons to make it do things are well marked and easy to figure out and it works as advertised.  I highly recommend it and think you'd like it a lot.

Offline Crappiehunter1981

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:29 PM »
Bought a showdown troller 2.0 with the accessory pack last year.... All in all like 250.00.  I don't leave home with out it.  Tripled my catch.

Offline jto97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:37 PM »
Marcum or don't buy one. Lol

Offline deer george

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:54 PM »
Rather forget my bait than my Vex,

Offline stroker2087

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2015, 03:58 PM »
Can anyone tell me if a vexilar fl8 and a marcum showdown will interfere with each other too much. I know it has noise rejection but i was curious if they would work ok close together?

Offline ICE4LIFE_83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2015, 04:32 PM »
just bought a fl18 and a showdown dual beam..... both have advantages over the other but shouldn't interfere with each other to much have used my buddies prior and Marcum and vexilar noise rejection works pretty well together

Offline Lovinice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2015, 05:08 PM »
I have used an fl8 fishing with a buddy that used a showdown dual, the Vex did get inference if he was within 20 ft of me, the Showdown did not get any interface, I like both, but the Marcums are easier to use in my eyes. Like pretty much as everybody states though, once you have one, you never leave it home.

Offline Jiffyjerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2015, 05:18 PM »
My marcum lx3-tc has 12 interference choices when fishing near other electronics and works great near a vex, I think the vex got interference.
Got Bugs?

Offline bullscrickbowfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2015, 05:31 PM »
Have a flx28 and a lx5 both good . If i drove 2 hours to fish and forgot it i would turn around and go back home. Flx28 has 20 ir settings.

Offline Bigfishpa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2015, 05:47 PM »
If u already have an open water depth finder u might be able to save some cash buy buying an ice transducer for it....I'm using an piranamax humminbird with open water transducer on it, bought the foam to float transducer at hardware store in plumbing section....zip tide to cable tight enough to hold but can pull cord through if needed for ice thickness adjustment...tested out on pond and works fine....just a cheap thought....gonna try this setup this year and buy a hut to get my butt outta that wind! Maybe a flasher next year if the open water finder setup is too flawed...let us know what u buy and how it works! Good luck!

Offline Lovinice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2015, 06:44 PM »
Definitely was Jiffy, I tried all inference parameters and the Vex still had some interference, hands down for the money is the showdown dual beam in my eyes.

Offline maxsr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2015, 06:33 AM »
No matter what type of flasher you get just get one you won't be sorry, I would suggest that you don't buy one  with too many bells and whistles get one that is easy to use and you will love it. I have been using a flasher from the 60's until this year when I bought a Vexilar fl 8se have only used it on open water and can't wait to get out on the ice. It is simple to use shows me the bottom, lure, fish that is all that i wanted and it was on sale lol.
Max

Offline paperchhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISHING IS A SICKNESS
« Reply #20 on: Jan 09, 2015, 06:43 AM »
I have a vexlier fl 18 I love it if battery goes dead I go home lol. Like the guy said a few posts back the first time you use it you will smile for mounths !!
VEXLIAR  $450.00 STRIKEMASTER ICE AUGER $400.00 CLAM ICE HOUSE $250.00  STCROIX JIG RODS $100.00  HEATER FOR ICE HOUSE $75.00 PAIL OF SLOB PERCH PRICELESS

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Jan 09, 2015, 06:48 AM »
I’m finally going to buy a fish flasher and don’t really know much about them except how to use them, any comments on what brands or models to consider buying?

some good videos to get you started

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Susky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 09, 2015, 08:35 AM »
My ICE 35 came yesterday!  Can't wait for tomorrow  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.