The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: CHAUNCY FIRST PLACE PIKE  (Read 1462 times)

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
CHAUNCY FIRST PLACE PIKE
« on: Feb 10, 2008, 10:00 PM »
WELL MY BUDDY STEVE SCORED ON HIS FIRST PIKE, 8.8 LBS 33.5 INCHES .THE FIRST PLACE WINNER.HE ALSO ONLY USED THREE TILTS AND ONLY HAD TWO FLAGS. :D SLOW DAY BUT WAS GOOD TO BE OUT THERE WITH THE BOYS. ;) MY GIRL CAME OUT AGAIN WITH HER TWO BOYS , ALWAYS GOOD TO SEE FAMILY OUT IN THE OUTDOORS.MET FLAGGS GREAT GUY, YOU GOT TO SEE HIS HAND MADE BIRCH JIG STICK.THAT THING WAS MINT. :thumbsup:ALSO FLAGGS GLAD MY BOY MARK FOUND YOUR SKIES. :o WELL HERE IS THE FISH

GOOD JOB STEVE. ;)
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Offline esoxmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Sleep & Breath Pike
Re: CHAUNCY FIRST PLACE PIKE
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Congrats! haha that's my tent in the background, my buddy and I spent the night on the ice. Unfortunately a bunch of unfriendly guys decided it would be okay to pelt our area with about 30 tilts mostly all within 10 to 20 feet of our 10 tilts on the day of the derby! lol, oh well, we'll just have to come back next year!
~Matt~

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Congrats! haha that's my tent in the background, my buddy and I spent the night on the ice. Unfortunately a bunch of unfriendly guys decided it would be okay to pelt our area with about 30 tilts mostly all within 10 to 20 feet of our 10 tilts on the day of the derby! lol, oh well, we'll just have to come back next year!
YEA SOME GUYS HAVE NO RESPECT. ;)

Offline MarkNyak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 11, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Awesome looking pike. Congrats.
Born to fish.....forced to work

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2008, 07:42 PM »
wow...great markings on that pike...congrats.... :)

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2008, 08:07 PM »
Steve... great job!  Great looking fish... It's amazing how they are so much bigger in person! ???

Frozen, thanks for the props and right back at ya... You have a great bunch of friends!  Here are the kind of guys they are..

We were all standing around shooting the Sh%^ (about 15 of us) and one of the guys snuck away and hooked a Bud Light to one of the tilts a guy had where it was his first time Ice Fishing. The prankster tipped the flag and snuck back to the group and yelled "FLAG!"

The rookie, all excited, ran to the tilt and started to pull it up saying " oh yea, I got 'em" only to pull up a Bud Light! I bout fainted from laughing so hard! The rookie said, I caught a "Bass Ale!" It was the funniest thing I have seen on the ice!  (Cracking up as I write this). All in fun!  It was great!

I told Frozen, that should be a superbowl bud light commercial!

Anyhow, Like said by many, good times, great friends, excellent food, and plenty of FLAGGS!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline jpete92

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2008, 07:00 PM »
Lovin the color on that pike!!! Nice work! When I get back from CA i am hitting the ice full bore :tipup:

Offline PIKECHASER75

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2008, 07:48 AM »
YEA THAT PIKE U CAUGHT HAD AWESOME COLORS TO IT.... WE CAME IN 4TH PLACE WITH A 3 1/2 lB PICKERAL, JUST GLAD THERE WERE OVER 200 PEOPLE THERE TO ADD  A 4TH PRIZE. A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED THOUGH. I WANTED TO SEE A TIGER MUSKY IN PERSON ( NEVER CAUGHT ONE , NOR SEEN ONE BEFORE). BUT EVERYONE I TALKED TO HAD A GREAT TIME . EVERYTIME I TURNED AROUND TIP TUPS WERE FLYING. GOOD TIMES...

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 13, 2008, 02:30 PM »
YEA THAT PIKE U CAUGHT HAD AWESOME COLORS TO IT.... WE CAME IN 4TH PLACE WITH A 3 1/2 lB PICKERAL, JUST GLAD THERE WERE OVER 200 PEOPLE THERE TO ADD  A 4TH PRIZE. A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED THOUGH. I WANTED TO SEE A TIGER MUSKY IN PERSON ( NEVER CAUGHT ONE , NOR SEEN ONE BEFORE). BUT EVERYONE I TALKED TO HAD A GREAT TIME . EVERYTIME I TURNED AROUND TIP TUPS WERE FLYING. GOOD TIMES...
NICE CATCH, YEA SAME HERE I SAW TIGERS AT A DISTANCE WHEN I WAS YOUNG TOLD MY AUNTS WHAT THEY WERE THEY WOULDNT LET ME FISH THEM  >:(. THATS MY STORY. ;) IT WAS A GOOD TIME

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.