Author Topic: Lowrance Live Sight - is anybody using it?  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lowrance Live Sight - is anybody using it?
« on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:13 AM »
Lowrance Live Sight is the Lowrance competitor to Garmin Panoptix Livescope.  There was a legal battle over patents between the two companies and the settlement was a cross-license agreement that allows both companies to produce the new generation of sonars.

I was wondering if anybody owns and has fished with the Live Sight product. There seems to be very little in the way of direct comparisons by real people.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: Lowrance Live Sight - is anybody using it?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:18 AM »
ive seen a few vids on it comparing it to the livescope from garmin.

I honestly prefer the garmin over it.

A brush pile can be confused for bait on livesight while on livescope, you can clearly see its a brush pile.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Old Yellaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:19 AM »
The reviews I have read ,are not favorable . Check youtube for some info.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:51 AM »
It also seems like the Lowrance package is more expensive than the Garmin package.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2020, 09:28 AM »
It also seems like the Lowrance package is more expensive than the Garmin package.
That and as mentioned, the details better with livescope. But looks more detailed than panoptix with ps22 transducer.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2020, 05:07 PM »
All Lowrance does is copy other folks. They don’t come up with anything on their own.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2020, 06:50 PM »
All Lowrance does is copy other folks. They don’t come up with anything on their own.

Apparently, they do a poor job of copying (less effective than Livescope) and sell what they make at a higher price.

I was expecting something unique, or maybe better, for more money. It seems like this is not the case.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 25, 2020, 07:09 PM »
Now there’s this, livescope with something like the side scan image that the humminbird 360 does. The bigger panoptix transducers already have something similar to show a whole area, not just what your point directly at.
https://www.wired2fish.com/news/garmin-releases-perspective-mode-for-panoptix-livescope/

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 25, 2020, 08:38 PM »
Now there’s this, livescope with something like the side scan image that the humminbird 360 does. The bigger panoptix transducers already have something similar to show a whole area, not just what your point directly at.
https://www.wired2fish.com/news/garmin-releases-perspective-mode-for-panoptix-livescope/

I also have a Humminbird Solix on my boat that does sideview but I think it is overrated and not as useful. Good idea though for another good feature.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2020, 12:55 AM »
I agree The birds eye view of the side imaging and 360 is kinda pointless besides covering large area looking for obvious structure. I think if they had the livescope version of the ps30/31 “realvu 3D” display, that would be more useful for fishing, and very fun just to watch.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2020, 05:30 AM »
I agree The birds eye view of the side imaging and 360 is kinda pointless besides covering large area looking for obvious structure. I think if they had the livescope version of the ps30/31 “realvu 3D” display, that would be more useful for fishing, and very fun just to watch.

I thought that Lowrance was working on a 3d version of Live Sight, but apparently nothing now.
Veritas Odium Parit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.