New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: This Snow!!!  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Fishinut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig-A-Man Jigs!
This Snow!!!
« on: Nov 24, 2005, 09:47 AM »
This snow is making me go nuts, I can't wait for the ice. Sure is nice to look out the window and know that it's coming!! How much did everyone get, here in Poughkeepsie we only got about 2 inches, but it's a start.
Many are cold, but few are frozen

Offline Zgills08

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: This Snow!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2005, 11:22 AM »
We got about 2 " here north of Buffalo as of 11am.  South of the city is supposed to get pounded today and tommorrow, 1-2'.  It looks like these cold temps will be with us for a little longer anyway.  I haven't heard the magical words from the weatherman yet,  "cold air is here to stay for along time".  I know it's early.  Hopefully we'll be fishing by mid December or at least by Christmas.

hali-man

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2005, 11:27 AM »
Wyoming Co is getting hammered!  ;D
I'd rather have cold clear temps, but the snow is OK.
It's a sign of things to come...

Offline AugustWest

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2005, 12:04 PM »
I live in Georgetown, NY and while Deer hunting out back this morning I watched 4 inches of snow fall in three hours. I came inside at it is still snowing.
But :o I drove around Eaton Brook Resevoir, and the small side is frozen. Not nearly safe enough for even a dog to walk on but it is nice to know that if we get 1 week of below 32 Deg. or below I'll be fishing ;D
Last night when I went to bed it was 7 deg. That is cold for November.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2005, 04:24 PM »
in olean we got about 8" right now and its snowing like heck out right now, we are supposed to get another 6"-10" tonight and then another 6"-10" tomorrow and the temp. is a lovely 12F ;D

Offline Big Johnny Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Do Something Ordinary!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 24, 2005, 05:21 PM »
Right now in Greece up near the Ponds, it is snowing hard at times, but we only got about 2".   It is windy as heck out, with a temp of 18.   :clap:  Get cold, water, get cold.

My neighbors pool cover had soft water on it yesterday--now it is frozen solid.  Thinking about going out there and setting up the Fish Trap on it tomorrow :cookoo: LOL
Me fish a lot, and me have a problem....Inmate 0046

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 24, 2005, 05:42 PM »
any chance of fishable ice in NY tomorrow after this snow and cold????

maybe small little ponds? somewhere we can drill some holes tomorrow?

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2005, 07:00 PM »
I can remember fishing Cuba Lake on Thanksgiving Day one year. Its elevation causes it to freeze first. When it freezes, the next week Silver Lake freezes, then Coneseus Lake the next week.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

hali-man

« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2005, 07:03 PM »
I can remember fishing Cuba Lake on Thanksgiving Day one year. Its elevation causes it to freeze first. When it freezes, the next week Silver Lake freezes, then Coneseus Lake the next week.

I wouldn't count on that yet.

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Well I think 9 days of freezin weather and Cuba should be a go. Lake Erie today is 47 and Cuba would freeze when Erie hits 38.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2005, 07:59 PM »
we aint gonna get 9 days of freezing weather for cuba this week, were supposed to hit 50 for 2 days next week :'( and gonna be above 40 from sunday through thursday then cooling back down in the low 30's thursday. hopefully they are wrong like always and it stays cold :tipup:

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2005, 09:43 PM »
well i guess if i can not ice fish i will take advantage of the fresh snow and do some deer hunting tomorrow....

what does everyone have planned for the extended weekend?

Offline IceReaver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Psalm 27
« Reply #12 on: Nov 25, 2005, 08:34 AM »
Let's hope the predicted warm-up is WRONG!!  Small farm ponds near Silver (Wyoming County) are completely iced over and the inlet and outlet of Silver is also.  If the high temps do not actually come, we could be ice-fishing on ponds within a week or two!!

camo_fish

« Reply #13 on: Nov 25, 2005, 08:37 AM »
Let's hope the predicted warm-up is WRONG!!  Small farm ponds near Silver (Wyoming County) are completely iced over and the inlet and outlet of Silver is also.  If the high temps do not actually come, we could be ice-fishing on ponds within a week or two!!
I was thinking and saying the same thing. ONLY HOPE that the weather men are wrong about next weeks 50 degree weather.  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.