New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Anyone fish Lake Pleasant area in the Adirondack?  (Read 6943 times)

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Anyone fish Lake Pleasant area in the Adirondack?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 14, 2019, 06:47 AM »
Any of you more experienced people from this area have any projection how the ice going to hold up after the warmer temps/ rain today and tomorrow?  Also planning on heading this way Saturday, have only been to pleasant a couple times, might try piseco

in the ADK you'll be fine. I drilled through 30 inches of ice last weekend. the shoreline could take a hit.. besides that it should actually be a nice weekend to be out on the ice up north.

Offline snelly

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my new shanty
« Reply #31 on: Mar 14, 2019, 09:35 AM »
hows the traveling with wheelers, moffits or lake pleasant. is it though going deep snow or not bad

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Anyone from Lake Pleasant area of the Adirondacks?
« Reply #32 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:59 AM »
What I know is that 99/100 Lakers caught in that lake are under the legal size. And that's giving it credit.. good place for first timers for sure but that's about it

Lakers you catch.  Not everyone catches only rats. 

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 14, 2019, 11:07 AM »
hows the traveling with wheelers, moffits or lake pleasant. is it though going deep snow or not bad

I was on Indian on Saturday, about 3 inches of snow.  The snow should be gone by Saturday with warm temp and showers today and tomorrow.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 14, 2019, 11:09 AM »
[/quot

Think he needs a guide.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #35 on: Mar 14, 2019, 11:19 AM »
[/quot

Think he needs a guide.

I mean not to cause a stir but there are spots on LG where you cant keep the dinks away.  Doesnt mean the lake is full of dinks.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 14, 2019, 11:46 AM »

well enjoy yourselves fishing the lake then boys, id love to see photos of your great catches on the lake. I don't need a guide for fishing, but maybe you guys need social guidance to not insult somebody online that you don't know. ill continue to fish the lakes I fish and enjoy it, if you enjoy fishing Piseco, have at it and have a blast with the abundance of giant lakers!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Mar 14, 2019, 12:24 PM »
I dont fish there at all.   ;D 

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Mar 14, 2019, 01:32 PM »
well enjoy yourselves fishing the lake then boys, id love to see photos of your great catches on the lake. I don't need a guide for fishing, but maybe you guys need social guidance to not insult somebody online that you don't know. ill continue to fish the lakes I fish and enjoy it, if you enjoy fishing Piseco, have at it and have a blast with the abundance of giant lakers!

Your the one running the mouth here.  Just trying to help a newcomer to the area.  I’ve fished Piseco 4/5 times the past few years, and never been skunked, nor never just caught dink’s.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Mar 14, 2019, 02:04 PM »

Your the one running the mouth here.  Just trying to help a newcomer to the area.  I’ve fished Piseco 4/5 times the past few years, and never been skunked, nor never just caught dink’s.

my original comment was that I had not heard of a good fish being caught there in years. you even said yourself that the lakers are "generally small". the problem is when people start insulting each other on here for no reason, which was absolutely not started, or done at all by me. i just put in my 2 cents. not every disagreement needs to turn into an argument

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Mar 14, 2019, 02:31 PM »
The problem is when people take words on the internet too seriously and get insulted.  I had suggested without typing a full sentence that the lakers you caught were small...how can I insult you when you said it yourself?  Meanwhile I know others that do fine there.  Furthermore you can blame the lake as much as you'd like but as I mentioned there are a few spots on LG that would make you think every laker in there was a runt when that isn't the case.  Some people just like to be upset I guess.

Fishing this weekend Bill?

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Mar 14, 2019, 03:47 PM »
The problem is when people take words on the internet too seriously and get insulted.  I had suggested without typing a full sentence that the lakers you caught were small...how can I insult you when you said it yourself?  Meanwhile I know others that do fine there.  Furthermore you can blame the lake as much as you'd like but as I mentioned there are a few spots on LG that would make you think every laker in there was a runt when that isn't the case.  Some people just like to be upset I guess.

Just the spots you fish on LG produce dinks. Not everybody catches small fish there.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 14, 2019, 04:04 PM »

Can only go Sunday, Irish Road Bowling Saturday.  Gonna be on Blue with a few others.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Mar 14, 2019, 05:37 PM »
Can only go Sunday, Irish Road Bowling Saturday.  Gonna be on Blue with a few others.

Sunday is my day too.  Speaking of dinks...  ::)

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #44 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:06 PM »

Are you walking or taking machines out? Sunday is looking like my day to fish too so if i can convince my buddy to make the drive. I'll come up and join you as well.

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Mar 15, 2019, 02:40 AM »
Are you walking or taking machines out? Sunday is looking like my day to fish too so if i can convince my buddy to make the drive. I'll come up and join you as well.

Not sure yet Zach.  If it’s walking, not far to go. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.