The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lansing Hardwater  (Read 62790 times)

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lansing Hardwater
« Reply #180 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:28 AM »
I would be up for it maybe we could have one of those bring a dish to pass just incase we didn't end up with enough fish for a fry. But my walkers don't work real well anymore so I would need enough ice to drive my Polaris out if Lake Lansing allows them.
Retired Great Lakes Charter Captain now want to learn Ice Fishing

Offline Trevor17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #181 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! Who wants to meet up for a little capitol city tip up town at total firearms or lake lansing soon??? Or any other suggestions? This thread is turning out to be quite the success. Lets put it on ice. Who's down?
Hello, first time posting. I would be interested in a meet up, heck I live like 10 min from lake Lansing. I haven't had a chance to go out yet.

Offline usedone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #182 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:47 AM »
Thanks for the heads up! Who wants to meet up for a little capitol city tip up town at total firearms or lake lansing soon??? Or any other suggestions? This thread is turning out to be quite the success. Lets put it on ice. Who's down?

Great suggestion, count me in, and suggest a date/place. Lake Lansing sounds great for it!

Offline usedone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #183 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:51 AM »
I would be up for it maybe we could have one of those bring a dish to pass just incase we didn't end up with enough fish for a fry. But my walkers don't work real well anymore so I would need enough ice to drive my Polaris out if Lake Lansing allows them.

Forget the heavy machinery, I could probably haul you out in one of my sleds. LOL  ;D

Offline Scottman1970

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #184 on: Jan 06, 2017, 11:08 AM »
Sounds fun

Offline squidly454

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If the lines are tight, the outlook is bright.
« Reply #185 on: Jan 06, 2017, 12:22 PM »
I'd be up for a Lake Lansing tipup town.... ;D
The grease doesn't discriminate - W.W. Smith

Offline JoeLansing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #186 on: Jan 06, 2017, 09:13 PM »
I'm going to try someplace tomorrow.  Maybe Crego/Lake Fidelity.  Or maybe Park Lake.  No shanty.  Tonight I picked up a new mad bomber hat, some gloves, and instead of new boots I got a couple big packs of hand and toe warmers.  I seriously need to get out and try my new drill/auger combo, and my Garmin Striker 4 portable.

I'm thinking there should be a good 4"-5" of ice tomorrow right?  Michigan Sportsman forum has a report from today, Round Lake has 5" with fisherman and a quad on it.

- Joe

Offline skadaloz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #187 on: Jan 07, 2017, 09:49 PM »
Guess im going to duck lake tomorrow....anyone else going

Offline Lil bluegill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #188 on: Jan 08, 2017, 04:39 PM »
Anyone make it out today? Tomorrow's my day off hoping to fish muscrat a few hrs in the morning

Offline Traindriver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #189 on: Jan 08, 2017, 04:54 PM »
I wouldn't mind going out tomorrow.  Ran outta daylight to go check duck lake.  Anyone looking for a buddy? not to big on going out alone on this new ice

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #190 on: Jan 08, 2017, 06:01 PM »
Welp, i hope its not just me, but the bite has been SLOW. Got on Duck yesterday. One flag. No marks. Got on saubee today. 5 dinks. Maybe this little heatwave will also heat up the bit. Good 6 inches of good black both spots. Those damn pressure cracks are still spookin me. Butt puckered several times today on saubee. Makin ice tho. Also some kid and his old man pulled out the biggest perch ive ever seen outta duck. Straight up wall hanger. At least 14". Be safe yall. Im gonna figure out a good date for lake lansing tip up town soon. Thinkin about printing some hoodies. "Capitol city hardwater hunters" with a tip up in the middle. If you guys are interested ill print em on my own dime if i can get enough of you to want them. If so comment your size. Ill need at least an order of 25 without getting ripped off by screen printing companies.
I’m a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline Lil bluegill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #191 on: Jan 08, 2017, 06:59 PM »
Well that's good to hear about 6 inches of ice, hopefully I'll be able to report on that much in the morning

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #192 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:02 PM »
I check local ice today incase I can get out tomorrow. Hawk Island the person at gate said nobody has fished ice unsafe and I wasn't going to pay 3.00 to see if she was wrong. One person skating on Crego still haven't seen any sign anybody has tried. Small pit by my house had three trucks there and flip shanties set up didn't stop and talk. Going to the Ultimate Fishing Show tomorrow maybe try Tuesday.   

Offline Lil bluegill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #193 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:06 PM »
Someone was fishing one of the dell rd ponds Saturday at about 12:30pm, don't know how much ice but sure beats sitting on the couch

Offline Hungrysportsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #194 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:27 PM »
You are going to the show tomorrow? I didn't think it opened until thursday? I think the auto show opened today.
Stay hungry! Like my page on Facebook! Help me grow better so I can help others grow better!

Offline JoeLansing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #195 on: Jan 08, 2017, 07:41 PM »
 I went to Crego Saturday around 3:00PM.  Not so much to fish, but I played around drilling holes with the new drill/auger and played with the new fish finder.  There was tracks from 2 guys walking out.  Tracks went north, past the end of the pier/dock thing.  I didn't see anyone out there, but the tracks didn't return either.  There was a big black z71? truck parked in the lot.  I think it was theirs.  Oh, and there was 5-6 inches of ice. 

- Joe

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #196 on: Jan 08, 2017, 08:22 PM »
Me and 3 friends hit Sleepy Hollow today. I knew better but wanted to see my fishing buddy. From 12pm-6pm a total of 29 dinks, not one keeper.  We auggered a lot of holes, didn't mark a lot. Once we found some fish we setup. About what I expected. Our Shanty got 27, their shanty 12ft away got 0, their 2 were caught roaming. We all agreed we wouldn't make that mistake again. 5 to 6 inches of ice, couple inches on top were crap.

Offline Hungrysportsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #197 on: Jan 08, 2017, 10:37 PM »
I appreciate the reassurance of me not wasting my winter on Ovid.  Thank you for that.
Stay hungry! Like my page on Facebook! Help me grow better so I can help others grow better!

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #198 on: Jan 08, 2017, 11:36 PM »
I appreciate the reassurance of me not wasting my winter on Ovid.  Thank you for that.
I'll second that. I gave up on that lake long ago, but once in awhile I check it, thinking it can't stay that bad forever. But it does.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #199 on: Jan 09, 2017, 11:32 AM »
Didn't go to show today got my dates wrong. Amos and I are going Thursday.

Offline Traindriver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #200 on: Jan 09, 2017, 05:55 PM »
Was on Duck Lake all day today.  Found good Ice everywhere I went on the North End.  went almost all the way across from the boat launch into 50' and had 5-6' of Ice.  The bad news is the bite was incredibly slow.  I caught about 10 fish all day, all perch and only four keepers. It didn't help the bait shop was out of minnows so I was running wax and spikes.  Checked all depths from 50-7'. 

Offline Lil bluegill

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #201 on: Jan 09, 2017, 08:15 PM »
Well you did better than my dad and I, we fished mudrat for a good part of the day. Ice was a good 6-8 inches across the entire lake. It was a very light bite and I think we managed 6 keepers. The schools of tiny bluegill were on the bottom and the crappie were about 2 ft up. Didn't look like anyone was catching more than a couple. However I did manage to catch a stinky fat dogfish on a waxworm, I was unaware they existed out there. We tossed it back. I've heard of people killing them just because they eat all the other fish, what do you think?

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #202 on: Jan 12, 2017, 07:45 AM »
Crazy weather Tuesday I'm plowing snow, last night rain and thunderstorms, today freezing rain with no snow on the ground.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #203 on: Jan 12, 2017, 10:01 PM »
Well, on the bright side of things, if you're a self proclaimed hardcore musky fisherman like myself, open water doesn't sound too bad at this point. If anyone could keep me posted on OPEN WATER CONDITIONS on the west side of the state within a 60 mile radius of lansing I'd be very grateful. Unfortunately, we'll have to push Capitol City Tip Up Town to the side until the ice gets back up to par.
I’m a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline bmyrkle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #204 on: Jan 13, 2017, 09:00 AM »
I'm planning to make an attempt tomorrow, probably hitting up spots in Eaton and Barry Co.

If we can't get on this weekend, looks like it may be February before we get another chance.

Anyone else planning to try tomorrow?
"I get asked, 'what's your favorite fish to catch?' Well, it's red lines on my Vexilar. I don't care what's down there. I just want to go out and catch something." -- Dave Genz

Offline wantabee

• IceShanty Rookie
  • its a sick sick world and im a happy guy
« Reply #205 on: Jan 13, 2017, 11:00 AM »
I'm going to the Duck and see if we can do some good .

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Eat, sleep, college, fish. It's what I do!
« Reply #206 on: Jan 13, 2017, 02:35 PM »
I am thinking about trying to head out this weekend. Concerned about the ice conditions though.. Anybody see anyone out on the ice on their way to work today? Any reports on the conditions after that rain?

Offline Fishingixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #207 on: Jan 13, 2017, 03:59 PM »
I stopped by lk chemung yesterday 1-12-17 there was 8" still. Gills were biting.

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #208 on: Jan 15, 2017, 02:00 PM »
With the current warm temps, as well as predictions of warm weather through the week into the weekend.....my boat is getting some serious consideration.

Offline spartannation

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #209 on: Jan 15, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Steve, I'm thinking the Saginaw River will open up. I would be up for a trip.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.