Author Topic: Aqua View Scout 1  (Read 1000 times)

Offline slim slinger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Northern Frozen *****
Aqua View Scout 1
« on: Mar 17, 2007, 11:48 PM »
Just wondering if i am supposd to have a light that u can see? my buddy has a scout 2 and he has a red and blue light on his camera...i push the led button and nothing happens on mine..even when i am usin it nothin changes when i push it.....also the dimmer button doesnt really make any difference in picture...so whats the point of them if they dont do anything??????   i am just curious...thanks alot

Slim

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Aqua View Scout 1
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2007, 08:17 AM »
I think the scout 1 comes with IR (infrared) lights. The human eye can't see IR. To see if they are working, stick the camera in your pocket(or someplace dark) and turn on the button. You should be able to see a difference with the button on then when it is off.
Ken                                          

Offline FishDeepCreek

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got 45?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2007, 09:01 AM »
I have the same cam (scout 1) the lights are invisble. You can actually see in a dark room out of the water with the invisble lights turned on. That being said it is intended to be used in Murky water- not for night vision. The spectral lights (red and blue ones) are intended to use in the dark. The scout 1 is about useless once nightfall sets in the water, but its a great cam. When checking if it works , try using it in a dark room, and make sure that light adjustment is turned up by rotating the knob towards more power. Also the green LED display will light up when the light is on. Make sure you check that light when you use it during the day, and dont want the light on, because using it will reduce battery life!

Offline slim slinger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Northern Frozen *****
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2007, 11:41 AM »
thanks a bunch guys....

slim

Offline fishfearme

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2007, 08:00 PM »
take it in a dark room and point it towards a mirror and you will see the lights on your camera. this way you can see if they all work. you can't see inferred lights but your camera can.

Dave

Offline RebelIceFshr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2007, 08:11 PM »
I have the same cam (scout 1) the lights are invisble. You can actually see in a dark room out of the water with the invisble lights turned on. That being said it is intended to be used in Murky water- not for night vision. The spectral lights (red and blue ones) are intended to use in the dark. The scout 1 is about useless once nightfall sets in the water, but its a great cam. When checking if it works , try using it in a dark room, and make sure that light adjustment is turned up by rotating the knob towards more power. Also the green LED display will light up when the light is on. Make sure you check that light when you use it during the day, and dont want the light on, because using it will reduce battery life!

Not for night vision???
I use mine at camp, no light pollution at all, and can walk all over the woods simply by looking at the monitor.  No light or murky water in my pockets and I can still count the change in 'em.  It's IR just like what's on your cam corder.....if equiped, for night time or dark (no light) video taping.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.