Author Topic: Its that time of year again.  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
Its that time of year again.
« on: Mar 14, 2007, 02:01 AM »
How many other people have noticed iceshanty slowly starting to slow down? open water with rod and reel doesnt open up may 6 and icefishing ends here march 31. so i got around 2 weeks of no fishing then out comes the bows for some suckers and over a month befor i can fish with a rod :( what are you doing while your season is closed? i will be customizing my boat getting it ready for the open water season to open and increase my tackle supply, buy new fly rod, and a new carp outfit.

Offline PCB

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Its that time of year again.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2007, 05:49 AM »
start scouting state forest for some spring gobblers
'Its either me or ice fishing' she says... i still have my jiffy

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:41 AM »
I have been noticing that this week, I just thought it was everyone playing hooky from work to go fishing while they could. ;D
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2007, 07:04 AM »
My shanties are off the ice (we gotta be off by 3rd sun in march for lake champlain).  Trout streams open here 2nd sat in april, but I have yet to catch trout in the first coupla weeks.  Water is always high fast and muddy.  Spring turkey isn't far away and, oh yeah, college might eat up a little of my time too.  I forsee a couple of day trips left in the icefishing season, but my guess is that the ice will be out kind of fast this year.  I pray for an earlier start next year.

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2007, 07:12 AM »
Trout and spring gobblers are next.

Offline jmayo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2007, 07:14 AM »
Ice fishing end march 31 here open water starts april 1st. so no lapse between seasons
>--^-(*>
John

a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work

Offline Wisc.whitetailer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2007, 09:55 AM »
 I took my shanty off the ice yesterday. It was either take it off or it was going to go down. today i'm working on packing all my winter stuff away and summerizing the snowmobile. I don't turkey hunt so instead i'll be cutting wood for awhile.

Offline percheyes42

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 14, 2007, 11:12 AM »
I have work detail in Virginia and South Carolina. I go straight from icefishing to spawning crappies. Can't complain too much.

I have been hunting or fishing almost everyday of my life. The rest have been wasted.

Offline esox13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2007, 03:53 PM »
with the 70 degree temps here yesterday and the temp not getting below 38 with some rain - my season ended yesterday. The shore was iffy going out, but 10" of ice still out there.

It was a sad evening taking all of my equipment out of my truck for the last time this year. My wife was begining to worry about me.

Now that the ice is off the rivers I will be fishing for Walleyes for the next 6-7 weeks along with turkey hunting.

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #9 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:05 PM »
still had a good 18-20 inches on sunday, temps in the high 30s-to low 60s all week with a little rain mixed in... I'm going out tomorrow,firday and Saturday. after that its work on the boat till ice out and shore fish till the river clears up.

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2007, 06:48 PM »
In MA, the ice season ends when there is no longer any ice to stand on, and then the open water starts..no lapse between the 2 ;D

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 14, 2007, 08:19 PM »
i'll be fishing on the ice in a a couple of feet of water until it won't hold me, then i;ll walk away

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.