Author Topic: Warmup Coming  (Read 3643 times)

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Warmup Coming
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2017, 08:52 AM »
We just had a real down pour for about 20 mins and is still raining steady. Ice will have to pretty much start over in my neck of the woods. The boat is a real option now.

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 12, 2017, 09:49 AM »
 The forecast I am looking at for next week shows 4 out of 7 days above 50 with rain and wind. The reality is that it's probably going to be over for a little while after this weekend. Some channels may still be fishable.

Is there something that im missing in the forecast or is my sources of weather informationjst lying to me some how? I see some nicely cold temps at night. And.... did everyone not realize how nicely the ice made it through the last thaw we just had a week ago? I mean come on guys, sure some boys down state a ways might be getting ice cheweed away, but a few of them travel north no problem. Guys. Its early janruary, chill out. Find the ice that is good, and have fun. I had a guy on another site saying a lake was toast just by driving by it. Well i was on that lake and i seen some of the best ice yet! Even in years. Ya know, just a few years back we were reaching 20 inches ice, and look how fast that ice went. Yes it can go quick but seriously. It aint over and the fat lady isnt singing. Come on loosen your drag a little would ya! Lol.

Tight lines to ya ladies and gents still getting out. Im goose hunting tomorrow so maybe friday i can fish again.

Offline SuzyQTpie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2017, 02:27 PM »
Nothing wrong with taking an ice break and getting the boat wet a couple of days before it freezes back up.

Offline fisher97

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 15, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Well the warmup isn't far away now :'( The ice is definitely going to take a beating. Not looking forward to it at all. We may have got early ice but it's way too soon  to be done!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.