Author Topic: Antero  (Read 1301 times)

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Antero
« on: Nov 28, 2010, 07:50 AM »
Well we just had to get out this weekend so we headed south for a change, hit up Antero and did alright. Found a spot that wasn't too weedy and popped some holes. Caught the first fish about a 1/2 hr after we started and had them come in about every hr after that. I ended up with 3 on the ice before noon and lost a big'en on the hookset, guess my old line wasn't up to the challenge. Used a green finkie with a mealy and a pink shrimp looking thing. Fished in 9-10 FOW

Overall a good day, heading to my favorite lake next weekend so hopefully I'll have a better report for you then.

ICE ON BOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline fire-n-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Antero
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:10 AM »
did the ice start to move around about mid day? how thick?

Offline fire-n-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2010, 08:14 AM »
nevermind. read your other post. sounds like Antero has better ice than Tarryall. Weird!

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2010, 09:08 AM »
That's what I was thinking as well, normally Tarryall freezes first. The ice did "shift" a few times at Antero though, weird feeling, like being in a earthquake.
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline Dog-duster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where's the ice?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2010, 10:52 AM »
On Thursday I felt the ice shift too. Creeped me the hell out! Not too bad of a day for me either but I should have headed for deeper water. One was fine for me being the first trip considering the beginning of last season had me losing a bunch of fish at the hole before I finally beat the skunk. I think I'll be stuck with the crowds at antero until my favorite lake gets a good lid._

Offline tracker15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2010, 02:38 PM »
Looks like a good day.  I am going to join the masses there this Saturday.

Offline soup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2010, 07:31 PM »
I was at Antero today and litterly got blown off the ice. Saw a couple of hawgs but they must have been real finikey eaters or just got their fill yesterday, but hell at least it beats sittin at home watchin reruns of CSI and of course WORK.
good things come to those who wait......Im still waiting!!!

Offline fire-n-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2010, 08:17 PM »
headed up friday and I hope the ice stays firm. Got a little tripped out last weekend and on 6 inches of ice. :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.