Author Topic: my First ice...  (Read 996 times)

Offline ShuMugen

• Team IceShanty Regular
my First ice...
« on: Nov 15, 2010, 12:09 AM »
After the long wait i decided to end my open water by giving my Brother my Tec-Spec rod since i broke the fuji guide. From there i heading into the mountains with my buddy in search for the ICE... and lucky as i knew it, we had found 6-8" of solid ice... the hike was not as bad as i thought and it was well worth the trip. But when reaching the lake it was blowing so hard and the weather was 23 with snow falling with the high winds where your eye were getting hurt by the snow, i was scared knowing it was first ice but still the blood in my vain was pumping so fast i could not think about how safe it was. As i quickly ran onto the ice not know how safe it was i ended up drilling my first hole finding out the ice was a good solid 6-8 inches, After dropping my Lowrance X67c my screen lit up marking fish from 2 ft all the way to 8 ft of water, it was on Fish-on after that and for the next 3 hours we could not stop getting action, all the fish we caught were brooks trout all ranging from 8-13"... sorry no good pic since my camera battery die do to the cold weather....but i get get a chance to get one from a friend.... Good Luck and be safe for early ice. Just an FYI this was not from St.Mary just because we know that, that lake have smaller brookies then the lake we like to hike into

ICE: 6-8"
Weather: 10-15 mph winds with snow flying into the eyes
Total caught: 28 all returned but my limit(Nice orange meat)
# of Drilled Holes: 6
Hike: 30 mins
Drive from House: 1 one hour
Trip: PRICELESS FIRST ICE

/

Sponsors: OstarMotorSports /1320DTR / Team Shinobi

Offline The Woodsman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • High Country Lakes in Colorado
Re: my First ice...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2010, 11:20 PM »
 ;)  Hat's off to you man!
Bite Fish Bite! Bite Fish Bite!  Pappa sez you have to, Momma sez you might!

Offline _colorado

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired to MN
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2010, 05:09 PM »
Nice job.  That's a lot of steady action for one day.  I would guess you're 'hooked'?

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:33 AM »
Good job getting out, hopefully the "football" lake will be frozen soon  ;)
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.