Author Topic: Current Front Range Ice Reports!  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Diesel984

• IceShanty Rookie
Current Front Range Ice Reports!
« on: Mar 04, 2010, 11:26 PM »
Alright...Last I Checked, MOST of the lakes up in Northern Colorado are still pretty well Frozen...

St.Vrain - Ice is Slushy and Wet on the top layer, Sounds like 7-9" of Ice still on MOST of the Ponds

Douglas - Still Frozen, expect 10-15" of Ice, Slushy on Top as well

Bodecker - 8-13" of Ice, Slushy on Top

Loveland and Boyd - Seems to be the same, Ice can be anywhere from 7" to 16"...Just depends on where you're at...Careful out on The Lakes though! It's getting Warmer!

Nate

Offline slimer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Current Front Range Ice Reports!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2010, 01:31 PM »
Alright...Last I Checked, MOST of the lakes up in Northern Colorado are still pretty well Frozen...

St.Vrain - Ice is Slushy and Wet on the top layer, Sounds like 7-9" of Ice still on MOST of the Ponds

Douglas - Still Frozen, expect 10-15" of Ice, Slushy on Top as well

Bodecker - 8-13" of Ice, Slushy on Top

Loveland and Boyd - Seems to be the same, Ice can be anywhere from 7" to 16"...Just depends on where you're at...Careful out on The Lakes though! It's getting Warmer!

Nate

It's getting very soft on the edges.  One guy posted on Coloradofisherman that he fell thru in waist deep water on the edge at St Vrain.  It's going quick down here in the city.

Offline IceBuster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2010, 11:01 PM »
Hit Boyd late afternoon.  Fished til 9:00 lots of small crappies.  Ice was still 12"....I never worry to much about the slush its the base and Ice does float.  Depending on this week and the wind, next weekend might be the last for the year.  Great ice this year in N. Co. but the fishin stunk. Now waiting for the thaw.

Offline Diesel984

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2010, 07:15 AM »
I'll be hitting 11 mile on Thursday afternoon, Just so I can get out of the house! BUT, It'll be after 2pm, so I'll let ya'll know how I do when I get out there...Even IF I can find the Bite ;)
Nate

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.