Author Topic: Caught these 2 pike within an hour of each other a couple of weeks ago  (Read 1929 times)

Offline slimer

• IceShanty Rookie
I don't post much on Iceshanty, but figured i would.  Went fishing 2 Saturdays ago at a good pike lake in Colorado and got these 2 within 60 mins of each other.   I've tried and tried for pike for a few years now, and now that I'm finally getting a good method of fishing for em down, wow I love it.  I'll never go after another fish like I do pike ever again. 

These 2 were released along with every other pike I've caught this ice season. 

What an amazing fish species.  They're a blast to catch and bring up.  Even better when released to fight another day and most importantly spread their genes.

Robert

Offline cheezonthat

• IceShanty Rookie
those are some beutifull fish man, I agree with you for letting them go I would have done the same.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice fish,slimer! Nice scenery also.

Offline Chevelle

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice pike! Thats awesome that you let them go because what you said is true. The moutains are nice also but to bad you photo shoped them in. Good work tho. What part of Co? ;D

Offline FondoFishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Awesome fish! and I hope you know how lucky you are to be able to catch nice fish in such a beautiful setting. The background in that second picture makes me jealous.

Offline Chevelle

• IceShanty Rookie
Wow he is not standing there with a back ground like that behind him. Come on people look at the 2ed pic and notice how blocky his hair is and around his shoulders the trees do not meet up lol it is defnatley a photo shoped pic!!! ::)

Offline slimer

• IceShanty Rookie
Yes the pics are chopped, but the original shot has some nice mountains in the background - that would make the location easy to figure out.  Sorry, can't give out the location.  In Colorado in most waters, there is no limit or restriction on pike harvesting due to the folks that love to catch trout.  Public forum...

Offline Chevelle

• IceShanty Rookie
 :) Yes the orignal shot is very nice looking. You cant say if its in north eastren CO? ???

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice catch slimer!!!!!!!  :o :o
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline Diesel984

• IceShanty Rookie
Nice catch slimer!!!!!!!  :o :o

I Want your Signature Graphic Chied! LOL!

Awesome looking Pike there too Chief!

Offline The Woodsman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • High Country Lakes in Colorado
Congrats!  What gorgeous pike!  :o

Also really appreciate your APPRECIATION of Pike!
Far too many fishermen are ignorant about them and disdain them.
I've been fishing for pike for over 50 years! Ever since childhood trips with my parents
to Ontario every summer, but I've never caught one through the ice!
Must be a hoot!!!
Bite Fish Bite! Bite Fish Bite!  Pappa sez you have to, Momma sez you might!

Offline deadbait dave

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><(((((((((((((((((((((o>
nice fish! great view of the mtns. also!  :tipup:
trout make big pike fat and happy!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.