Author Topic: Blue mesa this weekend any fishing reports or hot spots would be nice.....  (Read 1391 times)

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm taking the wife down to gunnison to do some ice fishing for three days any word on how the macks are fishing down there... never ice fished the lake but have done well fishing for macks at green mtn, and granby this year just planning on fishing the lake similar to granby,,,, 80-100ft of water looking for structure any other advice.... thanks   oh yea and hoaping to finaly catch some fish on tip ups....
 :tipup:
fish all day drink all night....!!!!!!!

Offline brown-time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jig one up for me
Blue Mesa has been off and on this winter.  Mostly off for bigger lakers, but the smaller ones have hit pretty well.  We hit it twice the last two weeks trying for the bigger ones on the west end but just caught a few 16-21" juvvies.  Saw some bigger ones on the finder, they would follow it up about once every half hour but never take it.  We tried just about every trick that has worked in past years and a dozen items besides the 3 to 6" tubes in about 6 colors.  The middle of the lake (Red Creek, Elk Creek and Dry Creek) are much easie to catch the smaller ones and a real slight chance of a bigger one.  The browns and rainbows are hitting black jigs with either wax worms, meal worms or shrimp depending on the day.  Also gold Kastmasters with two mealies are always good for a few.  About a foot of snow on the ice now, Ice is about 12" thick on the west end to 36" on the east end.   Smaller active lake trout in 30-50 and the bigger ones are usually in 50-70 FOW.

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the report ill post how the three days go....

Offline mcnasty4233

• Team IceShanty Regular
back from blue mesa after three days of fishing kinda mixed results...  Sunday was great we fished by the middle bridge in 80-100ft of water and caught 14 macks but nothing big,,,,  Monday same place bad day,,  got on the ice by 6am and saw about 4 fish on the flasher all day i didn't even have a hit my wife had on and lost three fish...  Tuesday was ok,  we didn't mark a lot of fish but we ended up catching 8 macks  not a single one over 16 inches.....   gonna head up to granby on Thursday still lookin for the 30+in mack.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.