Author Topic: bear creek  (Read 1001 times)

Offline soup

• IceShanty Rookie
bear creek
« on: Feb 04, 2010, 07:04 PM »
anyone been fishin at Bear Creek lately? I need some info like what to use and where to fish at. Friends and  I are going this weekend and some info would reaaly help me impress my fiends with the Shanty. I talk about it all the time but they are non believers. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Soup.
good things come to those who wait......Im still waiting!!!

Offline bird man

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: bear creek
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2010, 08:39 PM »
My suggestion would be to not waste your time at Bear Lake.  I see you are in Colorado Springs.  Why not Antero or 11 Mile?  If nothing else go out to Chatfield, though we have had some pretty warm days around here so I am not sure the ice is safe.  You might send one of your buddies out first.  LOL!
The Bird Man ®

Offline soup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2010, 06:50 AM »
lookin to try somethin new thanks for the info though.    Soup

Offline fire-n-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Always try new places you'll catch more fish I promise. 11 mile and antero are so over fished that you're lucky If you don't get skunked. If you want to take your friends somewhere to catch fish try San Isabel. It's a short drive from the springs and you will catch fish. They might not be great big but you won't be bored like you would at 11 mile. If you want to go south further send me a message and I'll tell a really good place to go.

Offline rsobeck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2010, 11:02 AM »
Chatfield has 11" of Ice or better over the majority of the lake.  Fished it last week end and caught 2 small bows in 2.5 hours.  Saw lots more on the vexilar.   Haven't heard anything about Bear Creek res but I'm sure you'll have plenty of ice.

Offline soup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2010, 09:07 PM »
thanks for all the info gentleman we will have to see what the weekend holds.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.