Author Topic: aqua view micro 5 versus 5 plus  (Read 1876 times)

Offline johnsonaaro

• IceShanty Rookie
aqua view micro 5 versus 5 plus
« on: Oct 27, 2017, 11:56 AM »
Can anyone tell me if only difference between the micro 5 and micro 5 plus is the recording option?
dont think i want to pay the extra money to be able to record

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: aqua view micro 5 versus 5 plus
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2017, 12:10 PM »
FAQ

What Does The “Plus” Indicate On A Micro System?

Micro Plus units offer many additional features that are not included in the base model Micro II and Micro 5c units. These additional features include; covers that power on and off the units, USB based charging for more charging options, video-out to larger TV or Monitors, a 3x digital zoom and fully controllable IR lighting. Also some of the Plus models offer the recording option with a built-in 8GB DVR. None of these features are available in the Micro II or 5C.

http://help.aquavu.com/knowledge-base/what-does-the-plus-indicate-on-a-micro-system/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline johnsonaaro

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2017, 12:22 PM »
thanks for the info! still a little confused because on the aqua vu website price wise it goes "micro 5 $600 > micro 5 plus $500 > micro 5c $400" so im just curious what about the "5" makes is more expensive than the "5 plus"

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2017, 12:55 PM »
Micro 5

Aqua-Vu's Micro Series re-imagines underwater cameras, offering amazing color and clarity in a hand-held package. The Micro 5 with DVR features a high-resolution 5-inch color LCD with an IP67-rated waterproof case and sunshield / screen protector. Sporting enhanced color camera optics with 3X Digital Zoom, while 100 feet of cable wraps neatly around an integrated cable management system. Micro 5 also includes a built-in DVR with 8-gigabyte internal memory, and a handy USB port for connection to computers. Camera also has adjustable IR Lighting for dark and dirty water viewing. An internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 8 hours of run time (charger included). Lightweight, portable and it even records underwater video!  ** IR Lighting system with on/off...•One Million Pixel Color Camera

Micro 5 plus

Aqua-Vu's Micro Series re-imagines underwater cameras, offering amazing color and clarity in a hand-held package. The Micro 5 features a high-resolution 5-inch color LCD with an IP67-rated waterproof case and sunshield / screen protector. Sporting enhanced color camera optics with 4X Digital Zoom, while 100 feet of cable wraps neatly around an integrated cable management system. The Micro 5 also has adjustable IR Lighting for dark and dirty water viewing and an internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides up to 8 hours of run time (USB charger included). ***•One Million Pixel Color Camera...IR Lighting system with on/off

Micro 5c
Featuring CMOS color underwater optics the size of an acorn, the Micro 5c also includes a 5-inch LCD monitor and built-in Li-Ion battery and charger. This hand-size Aqua-Vu runs up to 8 hours per charge, and is a handy, convenient tool for revealing fish living in heavy cover, or for showing you the mysterious signals on your sonar unit. Complete viewing system has 50 feet of camera cable & IR lighting.   ***•IR lights – auto light sensing

All in the camera pixels ...cord length ...DVR ...IR on and off/adjustable
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2017, 01:02 PM »
There should be some good deals out there ....as they just redesigned the micro line up ...find some free shipping and no tax suppliers and the prices should be reasonable enough . The shield is nice to protect the screen ..but adding an anti glare film is needed on sunny days ...wearing polarized glasses can affect it also some.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2017, 04:32 PM »

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2017, 09:55 AM »
What video format do these units have if you want to move the files to a computer for editing? Everything that I can find via their manuals is that it is a .AVI file format? Any insight on the DVR models would be much appreciated!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2017, 10:11 AM »
What video format do these units have if you want to move the files to a computer for editing? Everything that I can find via their manuals is that it is a .AVI file format? Any insight on the DVR models would be much appreciated!

I have no problem uploading to my PC...AVI file..EZPZ editing via MS MovieMaker.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2017, 11:15 AM »
Hardwater.... Thanks for the prompt reply. This is exactly what I was looking for. Tight lines!

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2017, 01:29 PM »
Any insight on the DVR models would be much appreciated!

I really like my Micro Plus DVR, but there is one thing that irks me:  The video out function is for live video only and does not work for playback.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2017, 05:03 PM »
I really like my Micro Plus DVR, but there is one thing that irks me:  The video out function is for live video only and does not work for playback.

Yeah that kind of a bummer for viewing recorded material ...could always download to PC  then get an HDMI  cable I believe that will work .

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2017, 06:13 PM »
Yeah that kind of a bummer for viewing recorded material ...could always download to PC  then get an HDMI  cable I believe that will work .

Right.  Plenty of options.  But sometimes it would be convenient to take the unit to my Dad's place or my son's place and plug into the video-in and show from the unit.  I had assumed that it would do that when I bought it, but nope. 

Once your vids are on the PC, might just as well post to YouTube and send a link--another good option for computer savvy folks.
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.