Author Topic: Focus 5 Heater ???  (Read 1006 times)

Offline fishinnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Focus 5 Heater ???
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 07:42 PM »
Does anyone know the procedure for removing the burner assembly on a Coleman Focus 5 heater? I bought one used and the burner needs cleaning. I'd like to shoot some compressed air thru the tube but can't figure out how to remove the assembly.. Thanks
God grant me strength to catch a fish
So large that even I
When telling of it afterwards
May never need to lie.

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re: Focus 5 Heater ???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2009, 05:53 PM »

I did mine about 3-4 years ago. If I remember correctly you have to remove the wire assembly in front of the burner. You just have to squeeze it and unhook it. The screw holding the high/low knob has to be removed. Under that is a knurled, threaded nut that has to be removed. The assembly should drop down and the burner tube should just pull off of the assembly. You have to pull the tube out the burner side.
The assembly is in reverse.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline walleyehawger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Focus 5 Heater ???
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2009, 04:10 PM »
Absolutely the best heater ever!!!  I am jealous, lol.  Mine finally dies about a year ago and it still brings a tear to my eye.  I had to fabricate a new wire mesh ball for mine after the original had burnt out.  It helped extend the life of the unit by a few years, but it finally bit the biscuit. :'(   Broke down and got the Mr. Heater, but liked the Focus 5 a lot more.  Best $25 I ever spent on ice fishing!

Best of luck on the maintenance.  Sorry I cant help with that tough.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.