Author Topic: Fish TV  (Read 1978 times)

Offline TipupMaster

• IceShanty Rookie
Fish TV
« on: Feb 04, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Does anyone have a fish tv? If so is it a good camera?

I want a camera but dont wanna spend 3-400 bucks on one.

Thanks

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fish TV
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2009, 06:09 PM »
you would be b etgter off spending the money on a cabelas brand camera.  I have one of these and my buddy has the fish tv and for the money you just as well get the cabelas camera.  you get the bat.  and cords plus they will fish all day on they bat that comes with them plus tthe charger also comes.  for the money they are worth it imo.   
<br />

Offline NEW222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Got both.  Both work very well.  I have found the Fish TV to have a better picture and able to see a bit further.  Cannot say anything bad about either.  Not sure of prices you have found, but if you know an electrician, the batteries from emergency lighting must be changed frequently and work great for the Fish TV.  Cheap to get....  As well the Fish TV has a fish shaped camera in which I find teh fish come in to inspect, or taste, or even try to eat.  Fun stuff.  No real takers on teh Cabelas camera yet.  Just my .02.

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2009, 10:26 PM »
keep an eye on the marcum vs380 at red rock store last year late in the season i bought mine for 220 with free shipping they were double the price last time i checked but i am sure they will be on clearance pretty soon.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2009, 09:20 AM »
Get the cabelas camera, it is a marcum in disguise.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Papinner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2009, 01:28 PM »
I just got a cabelas with the 7" screen for 150 it works great and lasts all day. The picture is clear and I can see everything that I need to.

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2009, 11:06 AM »
My buddy has the fish tv and it worked awesome the other day! In clear water its perfect. there are no lights on it though. you don't have the features. It will work great in light and clear water. you will ahve to (you should) make a case for it too

Offline NEW222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2009, 06:55 PM »
Don't fret.  There are lights on the camera.  Around teh outer ring.  8 of them to be exact.  They are infared lights and are not visible.  Go in a closet or dark room and point th ecamera at yourself and watch the screen.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:28 PM »
Don't fret.  There are lights on the camera.  Around teh outer ring.  8 of them to be exact.  They are infared lights and are not visible.  Go in a closet or dark room and point th ecamera at yourself and watch the screen.

Fish TV doesnt have infrared. Cabelas camera does though.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline feasanthunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:33 PM »
my fish TV has inferred
are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle "Dixie"?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.