Author Topic: Modified Bucket  (Read 1740 times)

Offline scjustin2002

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Look mom i'm walking on water!!!!"
Modified Bucket
« on: Nov 21, 2007, 08:18 PM »
I was looking at all the custom things people have done to there shantys and it kind of got me wondering that it would be cool to see some modified buckets of sorts :-\ (can't leave out the bucket guys).

Offline icontact

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Modified Bucket
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2007, 09:39 AM »
Nothing too fancy but works pretty slick. Holds 6 rod and reel combos and also works as a rod holder while fishing. Scoops etc. go inside and nothing gets tangled. Just PVC cut in pieces and bolted to the pail. Cut small slots about 2-3" long in the top of the PVC pipe to keep the spinning rod/reels straight.

I gotta chubby

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2007, 09:41 AM »
Looks like it could be dangerous sticking your arm in the bucket when you are feeling a little tipsy!

Offline polarfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE ICE BABY
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2007, 09:51 AM »
 icontact how does that  salmo chuddy darter work for you. its on the bait cast

Offline icontact

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2007, 01:58 PM »
I find them similar to using cranks in the summer, if there is an agressive bite they work great if the bite is slow they don't work as well. When the bite is on and they hit them, they usually inhale them, no nibble, nibble, just bang there on. I have an auto jigger that a buddy made out of a barbecue rotisarie, I fish them on the jigger quite a bit. I have the jigger set with about a 6-8" lift and then a 6-8 second delay on the drop. Some days the jigger has out fished me 3-1.
We can ice fish with two lines here

I gotta chubby

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.