Author Topic: Blade angle RESET?  (Read 2979 times)

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • We Need Another Ice Age !
Blade angle RESET?
« on: Oct 28, 2007, 06:04 AM »
Is their a proper angle to set a Mora hand auger at once you bend the blade have two like new with bent blades that will no longer cut and their both very sharp cant seem to get it right?
May the LORD BLESS and keep each of you safe on the ice.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Blade angle RESET?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2007, 06:59 AM »
Is their a proper angle to set a Mora hand auger at once you bend the blade have two like new with bent blades that will no longer cut and their both very sharp cant seem to get it right?

There is a proper angle, but I don't know what it is. You could try contacting Strikemaster and asking them. They're in MN and their phone # is: 763-263-8999.
Ken                                          

Offline munchy71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2007, 09:58 AM »
While you're at it have them send ya a new set of blades, too....

-Munchy
Rod Woten

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2007, 10:35 AM »
Thanks guys I'll call that number and they may let me just send both back and they can use their jig or something to get them right don't think it would cost much shipping and maybe a few bucks.

Offline yakk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2007, 01:08 PM »
had the same problem with mine ,i think from tapping the blades on the ice to knock ice + slush off. blades were razor sharp but would just skip on the ice . someone on I S sugested shimming the blades , and works fine now . try different size shims on front or back . it doesnt take much , a 32nd or even a 64th or less . good luck .

Offline penna

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2007, 04:35 PM »
Thank you for the reply... I have heard of shims but have never tried it..Going to do something to get these drills  back in cutting order. ???

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2007, 05:34 PM »
the angle of the dangle is perpendicular to the plain             

sometimes
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2007, 09:39 PM »
My Mora blades got dulled when a friend banged them on the ice to get the hole started......duh....!  I resharpened them so they shaved fine hairs off my arm - but they wouldn't cut ice worth a d*mn until I shimmed the blades.  I cut two pieces of galvanized tin about 1/4" x 1 1/2" from an old heating duct, and mounted one between the bolts of each blade, and got right back into drilling holes again.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.