Author Topic: Marmish Rods  (Read 2798 times)

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is there such a thing as a bad day of fishing?
Marmish Rods
« on: Oct 11, 2007, 01:52 PM »
Going to dredge up an old topic - I'm looking at giving one of these a try - just wanting to see what the general consensus was on them - most the forum topics are pretty old - opinions may have changed and all that fun jazz. :)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Marmish Rods
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2007, 03:41 PM »
no change of opinon here, I have three rods and a large selection of jigs, they work great and I will recomend them to anyone. Super sensative once you get the hang of using them it makes it easy on those lite bites

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2007, 03:47 PM »
I bought a Marmish rod last season as well as several jigs. I love the Jigs and I plan to buy more. I've used the rod several times on the ice and out of the boat. Setting the hook takes a little getting used to but after a while you get good at it. I cought a lot of panfish as well as some smallmouth bass on it. I plan to pick up another rod this season. I have my current rod spooled with some 3lb. Berkley Micro Ice which works very well for me.

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2007, 07:26 AM »
How about the rod our sponsor carries? (Mormyshka Rod) - Seems to be about the same concept - just a fraction of the price (Marmish is around $30 everywhere i checked) and this little bugger is only $5. Or does the Marmish have something that I'm not aware of. On NISID you can get one of their rods, a 20 pack of their Mormyshka lures and a strike indicator for $20. (I'm going to get one or the other - but i cant see spending $30 on something that costs $5 elsewhere - so i just need some help deciding is all. :) ::)

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2007, 09:14 AM »
There is more to the Marmish Rod than the Mormyshka Rod. The mormyshka is basically just a pointed stick. The marmish rod even has a nice little drag setup on it. You can buy marmish rods on e-bay for under $20. I just bought a new marmish rod for $18 shipped on Ebay.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2007, 10:22 AM »
Yes I have both and definately like the Marmish better for the braking feature and they seem to mold to my hand better.

Offline nd.walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2007, 10:33 AM »
Marmish it is then :) - i'll check you E-Bay when i get home (damned internet restrictions at work).

Offline Morrocco_Mole

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You got to Hook-um!  To Cook-um!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2007, 11:38 PM »
Last year I seem to lose it... I bought 10 of the $5.00 pools and 2 of the $40.00 ones... I love mine and wont give them up!
Morrocco Mole :tipup:
Keep 1 pole in the hole....  <;*)}}}}}}}}}}}>&lt;

Offline ChillerThriller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:22 PM »
I would definatly get the marmish ice rod. The fisrt time i saw this rod the promoters were on my local lake and they were pounding fish while everyone else wasnt getting a bite. the ULTRA sensitive spring steel tip is awesome. i personally own 3 of these and wont use anything else for shallow water perch. the tip is super sensitive and even when a perch takes the hook and swims up with it the spring bobber goes up and you can hit the fish. The reel doesnt tangle and the most important thing is it FLOATS. i was on the ice one day and got a flag just as i dropped my hook down. missed the flag and when i get back the marmish is gone. it was bobbing in the hole and then i pulled it out and landed a nice 11 incher. go with the marmish. its pretty well awesome.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.