Author Topic: 12 volt 10 amp Lithium Ion battery  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Coachkwj

• Team IceShanty Regular
12 volt 10 amp Lithium Ion battery
« on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:09 PM »
Looking for a good 12 volt lithium ion battery to power my graph.
Looked at Dakota but can't see spending $100 +.
Found a couple on eBay but not so sure about quality.
Anyone find a source for a reasonably priced reliable battery?
Don't fall in. Unless it's a big one.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: 12 volt 10 amp Lithium Ion battery
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:17 PM »
I just can't justify paying the price for Lithium, started looking around and these guys seem to have some pretty decent prices.  https://www.batterymart.com/p-12v-7ah-sealed-lead-acid-battery.html

Offline jchunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:41 PM »
Energized outdoors is the only other one I know of and would recommend. I think they are a little cheaper. If you want lithium, your going to pay. Unless you wait a couple years or more for the price to come down. The good thing with lithium is it's half the weight, alot longer run time and you get like 4X the charging cycles. Bad side is the price.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:44 PM »
Lithium well worth the $ feels like your flasher don’t have a battery, and has many more charging cycles than a lsa battery. I fished all weekend and was down to 50% !!

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2019, 10:50 AM »
Lithium is the only way to go. I won't even consider using an SLA battery any more. I'm not taking the chance of being out there without my electronics!

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2019, 11:04 AM »
$100 for 10ah 12v lithium battery isn’t really that bad. Dakota has a good reputation and you don’t have to worry about getting ripped off. Cheaper than lithium drill batteries. If you get past the initial investment you won’t even think about it anymore and you’ll have everything you’re looking for. Lithium batteries are something you don’t want to cheap out on just yet.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2019, 12:31 PM »
Cheaper than lithium drill batteries.

If you already have a drill setup, dongling power off a spare lithium drill battery is probably slightly cheaper, especially considering Ebay and sales on the interweb and not needing another special charger.

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2019, 03:35 AM »
If you already have a drill setup, dongling power off a spare lithium drill battery is probably slightly cheaper, especially considering Ebay and sales on the interweb and not needing another special charger.

I forgot about the power supplies you can attach to drill batteries. That could be a cheap alternative if you already have the drill battery. For 10ah though, it might be more affordable to just get a Dakota. If I recall correctly, when I got my 5ah off eBay a few seasons ago, they wanted around $100 for a 9ah M18 battery. Not sure what they cost now.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.