Author Topic: Where can I order Suffix 832 Ice braid?  (Read 2753 times)

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Where can I order Suffix 832 Ice braid?
« on: Dec 26, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Once again my local 'fishing shop' has disappointed me...I'm looking for Suffix 832 Ice braid, can't seem to find it around - anyone know where I can order some?  I tried our sponsor pages and a few other sites, and I can't find it.  ???

Anyone try this stuff yet? 
Tight lines

Offline Iceroach

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Where can I order Suffix 832 Ice braid?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2011, 02:49 PM »
Web search turns up lots of results.  www.fishusa.com and www.tacklewarehouse.co m have it as well as many more.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2011, 04:39 PM »
thanks Iceroach - I did search those sites - found suffix 832 but couldn't find the ice line 832  ???
Tight lines

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2011, 08:32 PM »
I've never seen Suffix 832 Ice Braid. Only 832 for open water. Suffix makes offers a "Performance Ice Braid" and "Performance Ice Fuse" lines however. They are the only ice specific braided/fused lines from Suffix I've ever seen.

http://www.rapala.com/Performance-Ice-Braid/Performance%20Ice%20Braid,default,pd.html?start=5&cgid=sufix-braid
http://www.rapala.com/Performance-Ice-Fuse/Performance%20Ice%20Fuse,default,pd.html?start=6&cgid=sufix-braid

A lot of the "Ice Line" I've used is an awful lot like some of the lines for open water from the same company.

Edit: Found a thread. Looks like its new for this year.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=197792.0

Offline Nightbird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2011, 08:56 PM »
Fishin' Hole has it in their winter 2012 catalog, p.15

Offline Iceroach

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:35 AM »
I've never heard of 832 Ice Braid either.   I didn't look close enough, just thought you were looking for 832.   Cabelas has Sufix Ice Fuse and Ice Braid as well.    Didn't check the fishin hole.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:32 AM »
Yep, there's a suffix performance ice braid and an 832 ice braid.  They are different, a local store sells 832 ice braid in a dual pack with some suffix flouro, but they don't have great selection of line weights.

Thanks Nightbird...I checked Fishinhole's website, they don't list suffix as a manufacturer that they sell, but it IS on pg. 15 of thier catalog.  Sweet!

I agree alot of ice line is a scam, but having felt both lines, the ice braid seems 'waxy' which I'm hoping helps it to not freeze up as much.  I love the softwater line, but it freezes up really badly.
Tight lines

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Hey DL,

Canadian Tire carries it, but they sell it in a combo pack with the suffix mono (or floro I can remember which). If you dont mind the drive, both Gagnons sports and Sail in Oshawa both carry it as well.. under $10 a spool

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:49 AM »
IceJunky - yeah, I went to Canadian Tire (Cataraqui and Division st) and thier line was fairly picked over, couldn't find the 8 or 10lb test I was looking for. I'm thinking I'll give this fishinghole online store a try...
Tight lines

Offline Nightbird

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2011, 08:13 AM »
TheDL: Found your experience of 832 freezing badly interesting, as I was going to try my summer reel with it tomorrow. Think I'll change my plans. If you get the ice version, please let us know how it works. I've been considering that line, also.
As for FHole's poor website, I always skip it and go to their catalogs.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:29 AM »
yeah, the catalog is better.  Actually, I found it odd that I requested a catalog and all my (rural) neighbours also recieved one the same day...they all asked me "what'd you sign me up for now..." Kind of a wierd marketing ploy?  My neighbours don't really fish.

Anyway....I didn't try the 832 on the ice, but I did use it early spring and late fall (freezing conditions) it it picked up water, which froze to the line and caused big problems casting.  It would likely do ok in a shanty with a heater...but I'm looking for a braid that doesn't soak up water if there is such a thing.

I will post my experience with the 832 ice braid whenever we finally get some ice!
Tight lines

Offline FISH_HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 30, 2011, 06:04 AM »
Hey DL, I was at the cataraqui store yesterday and I'm sure there was 8 and 10 lb out now. Alot of the line is on the wrong hooks so you may have to move a spool or 2 to find the right one.
I was gonna give it a try but stuck with the old faithful fireline until I can get some reviews.

FISH HUNTER

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:28 AM »
sweet good news, thanks ;D  I swear a monkey could do a better job keep that fishing dept. in order...
Tight lines

Offline FISH_HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 30, 2011, 07:49 AM »
Your not kidding!! Its such a mess with stuff here there and everywhere. Hopefully they do have what you need since it looks like we may be able to get out sooner than it was looking like.

FISH HUNTER

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 30, 2011, 09:59 AM »
I would try some of it before you buy a lot. 4# I liked early ice, warm weather in a tent. But I personally found 8# to be a PITA to use in a cold. Really hogs water and freezes to the eyelets in seconds, I have re-spooled it with Suffix Ice Magic mono and like it much better.

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 30, 2011, 12:27 PM »
I would try some of it before you buy a lot. 4# I liked early ice, warm weather in a tent. But I personally found 8# to be a PITA to use in a cold. Really hogs water and freezes to the eyelets in seconds, I have re-spooled it with Suffix Ice Magic mono and like it much better.
Did you try the suffix perfomance ice braid or the 832 ice braid?
Tight lines

Offline FISH_HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:34 AM »
Hey DL were you able to get any? It looks like pretty nice stuff but the price kept me from trying it.

FISH HUNTER

Offline TheDL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2012, 04:59 PM »
yep, grabbed some from CT in Gan.  Spooled it up today.  It definately feels different than the regular 832 braid, but I'll have to try it on the ice before I can say if it's any good.  Hopefully it's better than other ice braids I've tried which iced up badly.  It was realy overpriced though, at $20 for a 50yrd spool with 30yrds flouro  :-\
Tight lines

Offline FISH_HUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 01, 2012, 07:23 PM »
Nice!!
That $20 price tag is what kept me from trying it.
Hopefully its works good for you.

FISH HUNTER

Offline jayman_1975

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2012, 08:07 AM »
I bought 2 spools yesterday and set one reel up with it. Used it in -7 To -10 C and found it to be worse for holding water and freezing up than my fireline ice.  It probably will be good in the shack but I prefer to fish outside so I'll be moving on to something else.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.