Author Topic: Can you store electric auger in cold garage, without battery?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline itsdiablo

• IceShanty Rookie
I've grabbed an electric auger for the first time- I have the powerhead and flighting stored in my unheated garage, with the battery inside my home. Is this okay?

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live fishing Die fishing
Its what i do  though the problem where the handle twists/kicks out is irrelivent

Offline kpoorman1

• IceShanty Rookie
Should be fine. If you have room inside your house like a basement or attic I would recommend that though.
skippin' class to fish

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Should be fine. If you have room inside your house like a basement or attic I would recommend that though.

X2
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have a cold garage and keep my auger in there all year. The battery stays inside of course, but the powerhead doesn't care. Done this for two years and never an issue so far.

Offline uncleshorty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born up the mountain, raised in a cave...
As long as your garage temp is less than 40 C, (104° F), you won't damage the motor insulation...

HEAT is death to most electrical devices, not lack of heat.

Batteries should always be stored fully charged, on a trickle charger, in a clean, dry environment at a temperature above freezing and no higher than what is comfortable for a human being.

The key to getting all of the engineered life from a device is to make sure you NEVER exceed the insulation temperature rating...  cold storage is fine.
Ice fishin' & turtlin's all I crave...

Offline Drift Dodger

• Team IceShanty Addict
The only time my drill/auger comes inside the house is to melt excess ice frozen to the cutting flight and head/blades. Otherwise it will be in temps down to -40 in my pickup truck box, snowmobile, side-by-side, unheated garage, hardside shack, etc. Easy to remove the battery for charging and keeping warm in the house.
Garmin EchoMAP Plus 95sv, Garmin EchoMAP CHIRP 53dv, Garmin GT8HW-IF, Garmin GT10HN-IF, DeWalt DCD999B, K-Drill 7.5"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.