Author Topic: Drunks on Ice!!!  (Read 13030 times)

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
Re: Drunks on Ice!!!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 25, 2007, 02:30 PM »
Regardless if he thought they were drunk or not two wrongs don't make it right!! Not against drinking on the ice, I do it all the time. I would love to see someone like him pull something like that on me. Being drunk in public is one thing but shooting any type of weapon at someone for the "pure fun" of it....I don't even have the words to say. I hope he's not a hunter. All I know is by the end of the day I would be in jail, probably for a long time!
I don't condone it any more than you do USMarine2001  >:(...just trying to state my opinion without starting an on-line fight over it!....WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Dec 25, 2007, 06:31 PM »
I don't condone it any more than you do USMarine2001  >:(...just trying to state my opinion without starting an on-line fight over it!....WK

WK

didn't mean to imply that I was getting on your back if you thought so I am sorry. I just couldn't beleive that someone would take a pellet gun and shoot it at someone and think it was funny, been on both ends of a rifle and neither are fun. Have a good holiday.

Offline Jello

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Dec 25, 2007, 07:57 PM »
Hey, where I'm from, drinking out on the ice is pretty much illegal.  You get a fat fine for it.  Fine by me.  I have enough fun fishing, and don't need the booze.

Offline MrMarty51

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:40 PM »
I enjoy the entertainment myself, there's always one wahoo willing to do something entirely stupid and it always starts with these words  "hey everybody, watch me do this".  It's cheaper than cable, I'm just not a fan when people get drunk and hurt
The last thing a drunk says before He lands in the emergency room?????????
WATCH THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL :D ;D

"Every hour spent fishing is NOT taken from ones life"Quote from Grant Boyson

Offline Greenz

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:43 PM »
Don't care just don't bother me directly and have fun ;D ;D
Fishing, Flyfishing and Bowhunting!!
Not here for a long time just a good time!!

Offline edfalc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #65 on: Dec 26, 2007, 02:16 AM »
i cant wait for the day that ALL booze is illegal again!!!!!!!!!!!the sooner the better!!
Shut up and FISH

I Fish for Those who Can't

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 26, 2007, 02:53 AM »
The more I read this thread the more angry I get :%$#!:

Have you ever lost a friend to a drunk driver  ??? I have :(

I believe in having a drink, drinking in moderation etc. And yes i have had  an occasional drink to. However, I cant let "live and let live" and comments like that go unattended. Unfortunatley there are a fair share of idiots out there (on and off the ice) that endanger others. Unfortunatly most people think that having a "few" is considered moderation. The reality is that a few drinks can quickly impair your judgement on the road. The problem I have with drinking on the ice is that the I guarantee you at least 50 % of those walking off the ice should not be driving. If you ever lost a friend to a drunk driver most of you would not be yucking it up this way. Trust me when  tell  you.

Sorry for the rant but I dont even know or will ever meet 99.9% of you. Having said that, if I found out that one of you were killed by a drunk driver, I would not only feel terrible for you and your family, I would be angry. Angry because  it didnt have to happen.
Be safe & tight lines :tipup:

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:22 PM »
i am just kidding by the way but if you do see drunks on the ice wait till they fall asleep the hide their beer, no, i am not saying take it for yourself the only beer for me is root beer :thumbsup: :angel

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:29 PM »
once while hunting we did find a backpack ??? with 3 full beer cans in it. packed it back to the car and shot them with my .223 they explode real nice. i packed out the cans afterwards and the backpack.

Offline KingFisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:40 PM »
I don't mind guys tippin a few back on the ice but I get really annoyed with the ones who have to get loud obnoxious and sloppy. A couple years ago I was in a derby and a group next to me got so bad they were arguing with each other and dropping F-bombs left and right with lots of kids around. A couple of them even had their 9 or 10 year old sons with them. I just thought they were total **censored**'s.

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #70 on: Dec 27, 2007, 06:43 AM »
Be careful with the pellet gun trick some of those yahoos might be packin something bigger(meet my little friend) ;D :o
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #71 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:12 AM »
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline chubking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:34 AM »
No place for it on the ice .Ice fishing is all in all to me.Seeing beer cans on the ice  and hearing loud mouths really make me mad!!Jflood I too lost 2 of my best friends to drunk drivers.And they are still on the road.Everyone be safe on the ice.CHUBKING akaICE JOHN
TEAM ICEHEAD

Offline Drewbonic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #73 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:51 AM »
It seems as though the general concensus is that most people are o.k. with others drinking, and having some fun.  I don't think any of us are o.k. with people ruining a good time for everyone else. I think people that leave trash out on the ice should have it stapled to their ears. Lets be fair! - beers and ice fishing go together like peanut butter and jelly, but don't piss off the people out there with their families.
- Good fishing

Offline radzicto

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Happiness is a big gutpile.
« Reply #74 on: Dec 27, 2007, 12:24 PM »
Don't know the exact number, but at least in the tens of thousands die in road accidents every year. The lucky ones are very badly injured but survive, most likely a 5 to 1 ratio. Anyone want to make a guess about what percentage of the responsible parties were OVER-THE-LIMIT? I lost a niece to a drunk a long time ago. He's still driving and breathing, the shame is, it did not go the other way. If you have a cell phone, use it, you might be saving a life.

Offline jflood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Dec 27, 2007, 12:35 PM »
Don't know the exact number, but at least in the tens of thousands die in road accidents every year. The lucky ones are very badly injured but survive, most likely a 5 to 1 ratio. Anyone want to make a guess about what percentage of the responsible parties were OVER-THE-LIMIT? I lost a niece to a drunk a long time ago. He's still driving and breathing, the shame is, it did not go the other way. If you have a cell phone, use it, you might be saving a life.

I couldnt agree more. The cell phone has alot of power

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Dec 27, 2007, 01:54 PM »
insult yourself, thats fine. insult me, you're mine!
i've been drinking beer on the ice for 25 years. most of the people next to me never know it.
i don't litter, i don't blast music, i don't whoop it up, i keep my cans in a coozy.
in short, i don't advertise.
gov't issue 10 X 50s can see a long way.
whatever you can handle, you can handle.
don't drive home drunk.
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #77 on: Dec 27, 2007, 02:09 PM »
I don't mind a few cocktails on the ice, I clean up after myself (good parents), and some smoke too!!!!
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline icelover

• IceShanty Rookie
  • mmm... good eats
« Reply #78 on: Dec 27, 2007, 03:46 PM »
Congratulations to "Mnfishingdude" for your mature and sensible approach to adult hood. Glad to see you haven't fallen in to "they all do it!" I personally don't see the need to get drunk to have a good time. And I'm not sure out on the ice is the time or place to be at your least for making good decisions. And then to get behind the wheel for your trip  home after a long day on the ice. I think that's an accident waiting to happen. If I'm near a crowd that's getting rather loud or obnoxious I can find another spot to fish. And that might not even be alcohol related. Enjoy the sport for what it offers. To each his/her own though.    Lou

(educator for 31 years)
i agree drinking on ice and then driving home can be very dangerous, when i was a kid my older brother took me out on the ice drinking his a** off all day, well needless to say when we left the state park he veered off the road nearly hitting a tree getting us stuck in a ditch. when the park ranger came to see what the heck happened he (my brother) said to him "guess it doesn't pay to look at the wildlife" which the PR believed and helped us out with a tow chain. if we would have made it out of the park we probably would have gotten in a much worse accident. that is why i do not drink at all. Just a all out bad habit to get into.

Offline icelover

• IceShanty Rookie
  • mmm... good eats
« Reply #79 on: Dec 27, 2007, 03:51 PM »

I couldnt agree more. The cell phone has alot of power
i used to drink and drive for 12+ years, but this last year i passed out at the wheel while doing 40+ mph and hit a tree head on, nearly killing my girlfriend and losing my license for 1 year, haven't drank since, now i have to rely on others to take me fishing---- which sucks! >:( >:( :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

Offline bubbaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Dec 27, 2007, 06:22 PM »
a few years ago i was up in mn for opener,and fishing the mn river.well this group of guys were good and drunk and one had a mouth,he missed a fish while he was back getting more beer.he started yelling and screaming at everyone else,one guy tried to talk to him nicely about language and kids around.that guy thought he'd show that he was 10 foot tall and kept it up,i thought the guy trying to talk some sense into him was going to toss him off the dam.when we go fishing i'm the driver and i'm more than happy to make sure everyone makes it home to thier family
got the best job get paid to talk about hunting and fishing all day

Offline doodle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • You gotta love the hard water.
« Reply #81 on: Dec 27, 2007, 06:32 PM »
If somebodies drinking and they endanger themselves they get what they brought on themselves. Problem is that most of the time someone else ends up suffering for their drinking. I do have a drink once in awhile but never while I am on the ice or driving. The ice can be a dangerous place and is no place to be drunk.

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #82 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:10 PM »
insult yourself, thats fine. insult me, you're mine!
i've been drinking beer on the ice for 25 years. most of the people next to me never know it.
i don't litter, i don't blast music, i don't whoop it up, i keep my cans in a coozy.
in short, i don't advertise.
gov't issue 10 X 50s can see a long way.
whatever you can handle, you can handle.
don't drive home drunk.
turned into driving while drinking thread?I hate obnoxious drunks too and I'm a drinker.No litter should be left on ice ever!If you carry beer out the empties are lighter on the way in ;D
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline Whitefish Slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:16 PM »
Sometimes the only way to stand em is to join em!!
hahah i get drunk sometimes but i still fish hard and don't leave the shack and i am not a fool loud mouth

that crew always gets too me for sure!!

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #84 on: Dec 28, 2007, 10:45 AM »

AMEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS

I've definitely got to fish with the Goatboys!!!!! And the guy from N.Y.!!! GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! C-ya. Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

Offline rchaze60

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they are down there.... they will come up
« Reply #85 on: Dec 28, 2007, 11:02 AM »
I have no room for it.... I think it should not be allowed for I was hit by a DRUNK DRIVER and had more than 150 stitches put into my face and a broken arm on top of it let alone being in a coma for 2 weeks and to this day I am slowly losing my right eye cause of it..... so my thoughts are leave it til you get home

Offline 1colddude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 28, 2007, 11:06 AM »
I am definitely sorry for your accident and I hope they threw that jerk behind bars. I lost a good friend to a drunk driver but still believe as long as you don't drive it a right. Granted people don't always follow the rules, but some of us do.

Offline limpbait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Dec 31, 2007, 10:33 AM »
my ol man used to get so hammered on the ice that id drive the car{on the ice} for him. but hed sleep in the afternoon i guess when i was 10 i thought it was ok, just goes to show you how things have changed. now i dont even take a nap!

Offline liprippinWI

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Dec 31, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Some of the stories we hear about the "drunk who killed my family member" are truly tragic and sad.  However, I'm willing to bet that guy wasn't out fishing before he got behind the wheel.  Look, drinking and driving is a terrible mistake and those who get caught will face the consequnces.  But all in all, I'd say most guys out on the ice are responsible folks who know thier limits and can say enough is enough.  If you feel the need to use your cell phone to nab the jerks who are loud and obnoxious, or driving like a**holes and just being pukes, feel free.  I just worry about a "big brother" presence in society that feels the need to nab me when I'm keeping to myself, yanking slabs and having a brew.  As in all cases, common sense should prevail.
"Dude, hold my beer.  I'm gonna try something."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.