Author Topic: Mr Heater Big Buddy on sale  (Read 2541 times)

Offline slicktrick

• IceShanty Rookie
Mr Heater Big Buddy on sale
« on: Nov 27, 2020, 03:58 PM »
For anyone looking for a good heater I noticed Cabelas has the big buddy heaters on sale for 139$ not trying to promote cabelas just giving a heads up to anyone looking for a heater as I don't see them on sale to often

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Mr Heater Big Buddy on sale
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2020, 04:24 PM »
That's no bargain. Head to Scheels /Northern Tool......they have them right now for $109.   ;)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2020, 04:49 PM »
Do they got a fan??lol i had to ask haha.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2020, 05:24 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2020, 06:15 PM »
That's a good deal.  No scheels or Northern tool up here, shipping and duty fees are brutal!

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2020, 06:29 PM »
That's no bargain. Head to Scheels /Northern Tool......they have them right now for $109.   ;)

Is that in the US?
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline js6145

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2020, 06:38 PM »
scheels is US and it is reconditioned. Cabela is a good deal.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2020, 07:00 PM »
Northern is US and it's new and a great deal. Right down the street and they have a big endstand of 'em.

Offline Churchill River

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2020, 07:29 PM »
Rebelss, $109 U.S. would cost us Canadians approx. $140 with the exchange.  Then we would have shipping, duty, etc as someone else mentioned.  So for $139 Cdn at Cabela's , 10 minutes from our house, is a good deal.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2020, 07:46 PM »
Ohhh...didn't know you had Cabela's up in the great white north! My bad!  Better head on over there! 🚙<<<<<<..........

Offline walleyeking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2020, 07:49 PM »
fish,n hole, shop local  may cost you a extra 20 but at least it stays in the community, and have a conversation with a salesman who fishes the same lakes you do. nice people

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2020, 08:50 PM »
fish,n hole, shop local  may cost you a extra 20 but at least it stays in the community, and have a conversation with a salesman who fishes the same lakes you do. nice people

Can you elaborate on this please? 

Offline walleyeking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2020, 07:35 AM »
in these tough times support the little guy, not a big american mega outfitter chain.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Not to be a thread stealer..ok...maybe I am. Have you considered the Mr. Heater cooker/heater vs. the Buddy? For about $120 you can get the heater/base, 5# propane tank and the hose. A few differences...1) The Buddys go out if bumped or tipped so tough to move around if needed. 2) You can cook with the Mr. Heater w/o mods. 3) The space needed to use and transport isn't much different between the two. And 4) The cost and efficiency. The upfront cost of the 5# tank is around $50. But when you think about the number of those 1# grenades needed to heat for the day and or night...and the need to dispose of the damn things? Each bomb runs about $4 each. You can fill that 5 pounder for the same price as 1 ( I paid $3.25 to fill mine). And, on average, it will last most the day and night ran continuously...of course there are the variables...same as with the Buddys. I have used mine going on my 3rd season and have never had any issues. Just much easier and practical for me. Ok...you can have your thread back. ;)2
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline sandman66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2020, 12:08 PM »
Ohhh...didn't know you had Cabela's up in the great white north! My bad!  Better head on over there! 🚙<<<<<<..........

Only for about 20 years now.

Offline sandman66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 28, 2020, 12:12 PM »
Not to be a thread stealer..ok...maybe I am. Have you considered the Mr. Heater cooker/heater vs. the Buddy? For about $120 you can get the heater/base, 5# propane tank and the hose. A few differences...1) The Buddys go out if bumped or tipped so tough to move around if needed. 2) You can cook with the Mr. Heater w/o mods. 3) The space needed to use and transport isn't much different between the two. And 4) The cost and efficiency. The upfront cost of the 5# tank is around $50. But when you think about the number of those 1# grenades needed to heat for the day and or night...and the need to dispose of the damn things? Each bomb runs about $4 each. You can fill that 5 pounder for the same price as 1 ( I paid $3.25 to fill mine). And, on average, it will last most the day and night ran continuously...of course there are the variables...same as with the Buddys. I have used mine going on my 3rd season and have never had any issues. Just much easier and practical for me. Ok...you can have your thread back. ;)2

You gotta remember this is Saskatchewan, Canada. Big difference is prices. But I agree the Buddys aren't always the best option. I recently sold my Buddy and went back to the simple Mr Heater rosebud.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2020, 12:34 PM »
Only for about 20 years now.

Gee whiz, I best see if they'll send me a Canadian catalog instead...

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 28, 2020, 12:44 PM »
Do they got a fan??lol i had to ask haha.

I'm a fan...  ::) ;D
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #19 on: Nov 28, 2020, 12:49 PM »
I'm a fan...  ::) ;D
blows alot of hot air like a buddy heater too.lol jk

Offline Blue Hog Ridr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 30, 2020, 08:55 PM »

I'm of the same mind Buddy. Altho I used to work the fishing Dept. at Cabella's,  I used to buy from the Fish'N Hole also.  I bought a Marcum LX 7 from them. They brought it in from alberta for me so didn't pay HST and because of the cost, Free Shipping.  My employer couldn't even come close.  Like yourself, I will gladly pay an extra 20 or so just to support the smaller Brick and Mortar shop.  If 20 bucks is going to cause damage to me, then I better stop Fishing and a lot of other things.  Never quite Molson Canadian tho.  I fully support their Family. 
Fishing is good for your Mind, Body and Soul.
Actually catching a fish or two is a nice by product of a day well spent.

The next time that you don't feel like going into work, don't give your Boss any excuses (Hes heard them all), just say, "I'm going fishing, wanna come".

Offline Blue Hog Ridr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 30, 2020, 08:59 PM »

I agree Buddy. Or you can do what I do. Bring along my trusty Olde Coleman white gas 2 burner.  We do shore lunch with one all the time. 
I also hate those little Green Bombs. People leave them laying all over or just dump them down the hole.  I bought a re filler coupling but haven't tried it out yet.  I hear that they do work but don't get the one pounders completely filled up.  I have a Big Buddy.  I take my large tank and a few of the one pounders in case I happen to run dry. 
Fishing is good for your Mind, Body and Soul.
Actually catching a fish or two is a nice by product of a day well spent.

The next time that you don't feel like going into work, don't give your Boss any excuses (Hes heard them all), just say, "I'm going fishing, wanna come".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.