The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Is there a father and child looking for a shanty(2 person)  (Read 2128 times)

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
This year I bought another shanty and I was thinking I would give the older (1 1/2 season) Ice Bandit 2 man or 1 man and maybe 2 kids shanty away to someone who doesn't have one and might do a little more fishing with a child if they had one. I will pm the posts in order and make sure it's for the kids.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Is there a father and child looking for a shanty(2 person)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:32 PM »
Oh I forgot to say that I would give it to them. 

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #2 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:34 PM »
you are one hell of a outdoorsman!!! i dont need it but thank you for doing your part in perserving our heritage

Offline J FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • perch plucken
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2008, 08:39 PM »
you are one hell of a outdoorsman!!! i dont need it but thank you for doing your part in perserving our heritage
I agree 100% Startem young.

Offline outdoor junkie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's walleye time!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Bravo on yor deed.  I gave one away earlier this season to an elderly neighbor who did not have one.  Now he ice fishes alot more than he had been.  Hope you find a deserving family for your shanty.

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Hey mud you must be one heck of a guy. I sure wish I could have made it out sunday.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I'm sure we'll get together some time.  But I am not one heck of a person.  The first time I took my son fishing he was 2.  He stepped in a ice hole and the fisherman and his fisherwife 70 ft away took him and my wife into his shanty and warmed him up.  The next weekend I proceeded to build a portable shanty.  I realize how important it is to keep the kids warm so they can ise fish.

Offline Barry Vance

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2008, 11:17 PM »
Sent you a private message. Thank you

Offline michiganmont

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2008, 04:23 AM »
Your a credit to your sport and your species Mud, thanks for the generous offer.

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:01 AM »
Hes a stand up guy! I fished with him on Sun. I just wish more people would take there kids outdoors. After being out Sun. with my family and Muds family,my oldest son went to daycare Mon. & told everyone about his fishing trip.When I picked him up a couple of his friends asked me if I would take them fishing. Kidda sad when we live in a state with water so close. :)
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline fishinainteasy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:05 AM »
Gotta keep those kiddos warm if you want them to have an enjoyable experience......hope this shanty helps a kid get hooked on ice fishing!!!!! good job & Thank you....From a father of two up and coming pro ice fisherman.
Fish Hard Or Stay Home!

Offline carbidemanfishing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:59 AM »
My son is 3 and i dont take him because it gets too windy out there and wife wouldnt let him go even if i did want to take him.With a shanty i think wife would be ok with him ice fishing.I dont want a freeby though, if its in good condition i will pay you for it just pm me how much.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2008, 09:08 AM »
At this point I am waiting on a response from a couple of fisherman who sound like they are in need of a shanty for there families winter enjoyment.  But I will keep you in mind if things don't pan out.

Offline wildpig

• IceShanty Rookie
  • MY SUMMER TOY
« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2008, 03:26 PM »
Your a credit to your sport and your species Mud, thanks for the generous offer.

X2 You're one heck of a guy!
I LOVE H20, LIQUID OR SOLID!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #14 on: Mar 11, 2008, 03:29 PM »
YOU ROCK!!!!!! i hope someone gets some quality time with their kids with it. hats off to you dude.
:clap:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2008, 03:40 PM »
YOU ROCK!!!!!! i hope someone gets some quality time with their kids with it. hats off to you dude.
:clap:

Yeah, what he said..   8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Mar 11, 2008, 03:53 PM »
I'm sure we'll get together some time.  But I am not one heck of a person.  The first time I took my son fishing he was 2.  He stepped in a ice hole and the fisherman and his fisherwife 70 ft away took him and my wife into his shanty and warmed him up.  The next weekend I proceeded to build a portable shanty.  I realize how important it is to keep the kids warm so they can ise fish.
I also took my son out for the 1st time when he was 2 and he stepped into a hole also. I have an old minute man that I think I will do the same with. Maybe your idea will spread even more.  Good fishing

Offline grtlakes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 11, 2008, 08:52 PM »
Thanks allot Mud hats off too ya for sure.  Have a story I must tell even though it hurts me very much and puts a tear in my eye. I have 2 sons 12 and 9 and they have both fished since they where 2 or 3 both hard and soft water. Couldn't afford a shanty when they where that age so built a small portable, which for the most part stayed out in shanty town on Higgins. Well a couple years ago Cody ( the big brother) and I packed our lunches and headed out for some last ice action. It was 30 when we left with a forecast of 40 for the day. What a great day fishing we both caught our limits with Cody getting the biggest of the day a 11 inch gill. We where among a group of old timers who where just loving Cody's company and awed at his ice fishing skills. We stayed out there till sun down and had one of our greatest days fishing. On our way home Cody says, "Dad my head hurts" . I told him a shower and a good night sleep would fix him right up and we would be back on the ice in the morning. Well we got home and Cody took his shower and went to bed. 15 minutes after he went to bed he started screaming Daddy it hurts. I ran into his room to find him sitting there   and his head swollen to the size of a basketball. You couldn't even see his eyes he was so swollen. I began to cry and took him to Er where they told us he had sun poising. It took a week for the swelling to go away and I felt like crap for not thinking ahead every time I looked at him. We always remember the sunscreen now and yes he is still my fishing partner. So just a heads up to moms and dads it just not the bad weather that gets those little ones, the sun beating off the ice can hurt them as well. Thanks again Mud, your a hell of a guy. Not sure how long this ice is gonna last but maybe we could get together and take the kids out for some last ice action. Promise I won't forget the sunscreen.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #18 on: Mar 12, 2008, 08:50 AM »
I never heard of people doing this until this year on the good ole' Iceshanty. Hopefully you folks have started a really great new tradition of "passing the torch"!  8)

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2008, 12:21 PM »
You never know what is going to happen. Someone gets an ice shanty for free and . . . WOW, the possibilities. Maybe change someone's outlook on life. Great gift. "pay it forward."  grtlakes: My father died almost a year before my son was born so I asked my father-in-law (a lifetime farmer that really didn't mince too many words) if he had any advice (raised four children that all turned out pretty good - one good enough for me to marry her!)? He looked around and shook his head (obviously coming up with some GREAT advise) and said, "I have absolutely know idea how they all survived this long!!!" Maybe this was his way of saying: Do your best and things should work out. grtlakes: you did the right thing by getting you boy to the doctor when you did. Don't second guess but be sure to bring the sunscreen.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.