The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Allegan and Barry County Lakes  (Read 673 times)

Offline stalefish

• IceShanty Rookie
Allegan and Barry County Lakes
« on: Feb 14, 2008, 07:21 AM »
I was wondering about info on some Allegan or Barry county Lakes for panfish.  I was thinking about Big, Selkirk, and Miners in Allegan and Fish, Gun, or Thornapple in Barry.  Just was wondering how the panfish bite was on these lakes---I have not fished any of them. I don't need specific spots or anything.  You can PM me if you like.  Thanks. 

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Allegan and Barry County Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2008, 08:08 AM »
big lake get out there around 5 for specks  use minnows.pretty good pike to blugills are a little on the small side.minor does pretty good early morning for blugills just look where everbody is at.selkirk has a little bit of everthing i target the specks in there i also get out there around 5pm i fish these lakes all the time maybe see ya out sometime good luck

Offline stalefish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Dr. Speckler,

Thanks alot.  I'm thinking about heading out and trying some of the lakes  in Allegan county tomorrow.  I'll probably Try Miners and Big.  I have a green beat up Jeep Cherokee and will be pulling around a blue fish trap.   

Stalefish

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2008, 12:26 PM »
I live 20 mins north of miner lake, its good fishin on a bright sunny day, just off the boat launch to the right, other than that i dont touch that lake and head farther south of allegan to the those lakes.  Fish can be REAL good, but the bight is usually controlled by a switch that i have no idea where it is!!  Good luck!! Maybe you'll see me around somewhere, i drive a GMC ext cab with a big mossy oak sticker on the back

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.