The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lefevre lake Kalamazoo county.......any info?  (Read 773 times)

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lefevre lake Kalamazoo county.......any info?
« on: Feb 13, 2008, 11:00 AM »
I'm going to be in the area this weekend and was wondering if anyone has any info on Lefevre lake. I figure with it being only 18 acres, one could find fish easier than fishing a big lake. Wondering if the perch are still in there and if they are biting?
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lefevre lake Kalamazoo county.......any info?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:03 PM »
Only been on it twice this year. Perching has been slow from those I've talked with and for myself. One would think it would be easy to figure out being so small but it is over 50' deep. Have caught many 8" 'gills before first light, with the standard 5" & 6" during the day. The 4 Perch caught were 9" - 11" but they are there in numbers, seen them on the camera, just can't catch them. Toughest Perch lake I've ever fished. Saw a remnant Rainbow from the old plantings, had to be 20"+.

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:06 PM »
Well thats somewhat encouraging. Maybe its only a matter of time before they turn on. Do you have any idea what the forage base is in there?
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Been my first ice lake for 35yrs or so with occasional visits until ice out and have tried everything to get a consistant bite on them. When they eat they eat and there's no doubt about it, otherwise they can just sit there and look at it. Minnows, wigglers, wax/spike/mousie, big baits, little baits, noisy, quiet - it's thier call on when to hit. Think they do worms out deep, 3 or the 4 this year were caught on a Gulp Red Wiggler under a bobber, 1" off bottom near dawn in 9 FOW near the break.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.