The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Waterloo Rec Area Ice Fishing  (Read 1132 times)

Offline belboz

• IceShanty Rookie
Waterloo Rec Area Ice Fishing
« on: Feb 08, 2008, 02:19 PM »
I'm looking to take my son out ice fishing for northern or anything that may keep him busy.

Any thoughts on fourmile lake, or halfmoon lake, or pickerel lake?  Anyone have any other ideas for the area?  We are coming from Ann Arbor and I'd prefer to be within walking distance of the spot and not have to drive on the lake.  His mom would KILL me if we did....

Thanks in advance.  I assume standard minnows with some translucent beads above the hook would work, but if other thoughts, I'd appreciate the advice from the more experienced in the area....

A.G.

Offline DareDevil33

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Waterloo Rec Area Ice Fishing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Dont drive on the lake........someone just drove their durango out on white lake in Oakland county and went through

Offline icerookie78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:39 PM »
Fished four mile a few weeks ago, drilled lots of holes, caught mostly dinks with 4 smaller keepers. (blues). pretty slow, but that was before the warmer weather and rain. not sure what ice conditions are now, hopefully this weekends arctic blast will help. good luck, stay safe.

Offline icerookie78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:40 PM »
halfmoon? that in irish hills area?

Offline jjmoser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • give me cold temps and I'll keep em comming
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2008, 07:28 AM »
Fish the marl pits at four mile lake.  Loads of panfish and lots of pike too.  Not much walking either.  The fish run on the small side but should be able to the kids pole bent and set tip ups too there is some big pike that cruise around.

Offline Smokeeater

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Solitude without the Lonliness
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Try Cavenaugh Lake. Awsome little lake. There is a small parking lot across from the park off Cavenaugh lake road.  ( M52 through Chelsea to Middle Street turn left and follow out of town. Good blue gills, pike, perch. Pretty clear water as well. I try to fish it a few times a year. Easy access, and short walks on the lake to find fish.

Cheers and good luck.
You can't catch em if you don't get out there!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.