The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: how's higgins doin?  (Read 759 times)

Offline icemama

• IceShanty Rookie
how's higgins doin?
« on: Feb 08, 2008, 08:33 AM »
I want to take my twins out this weekend, if the basket ball game gets cancelled.
how's the lake doin' ice wise?
icemama who wants to fish bad................... ...................... ........ :(

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
Re: how's higgins doin?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:25 AM »
I want to take my twins out this weekend, if the basket ball game gets cancelled.
how's the lake doin' ice wise?
icemama who wants to fish bad................... ...................... ........ :(

As far as Ice goes there has to be at least 8 - 12 inches in all parts of the lake cause I just was there this last weekend and I couldn't find a place with less than 6" and that was real close to shore, and the most ice I found was about 10". Also me and my dad brought our snowmobile and we weren't the only one out there with a snowmobile, I would have to say we must have seen a few hundred other snowmobiles along with about 50 quads so to make a long drawn out thread short there is plenty of ice and maybe enough to bring a small truck out on. GOOD LUCK IF YOU GO

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:30 AM »
I spent 22hrs on Higgins last weekend. Friday was best. To much noise on Saturday. Find a Quiet spot in about 15 foot, and hang on, between five and six pm. Don't forget your parking permit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline icemama

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:43 PM »
As far as Ice goes there has to be at least 8 - 12 inches in all parts of the lake cause I just was there this last weekend and I couldn't find a place with less than 6" and that was real close to shore, and the most ice I found was about 10". Also me and my dad brought our snowmobile and we weren't the only one out there with a snowmobile, I would have to say we must have seen a few hundred other snowmobiles along with about 50 quads so to make a long drawn out thread short there is plenty of ice and maybe enough to bring a small truck out on. GOOD LUCK IF YOU GO
thank -you for the update, but i wont be able to go one sons basketball make-up game is saturday.:(
i'm new to this forum but not new to ice fishing!
icemama

Offline icemama

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:47 PM »
I spent 22hrs on Higgins last weekend. Friday was best. To much noise on Saturday. Find a Quiet spot in about 15 foot, and hang on, between five and six pm. Don't forget your parking permit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was up there two weekends ago and still had some iffy ice so thanks for the update.
I;m hoping that the long weekend next week will work out, these snow days are really crimping my mama style.
thanks also for the permit reminder! 
one of the twins has cought the fishing bug!!
icemama

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.