Author Topic: Garmin live scope ice bundle summer use?  (Read 4960 times)

Offline GavinAkaJeter

• IceShanty Rookie
Garmin live scope ice bundle summer use?
« on: Mar 20, 2021, 08:32 AM »
Bought a garmin live scope ice bundle at the end of the ice fishing season and I thought it was pretty simple to convert it to summer use. But I’m a bit confused. Do I need to purchase something else to make it useable with for the summer? I thought the ducer pretty much hooked up to the trolling motor kind of like how it is using the pole for ice fishing. Any help on what all I need to do so I can use this spring and summer? I couldn’t find any videos. Thanks

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Garmin live scope ice bundle summer use?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20, 2021, 09:00 AM »
Not certain ..what transducer do you have ? They make various mounts so I would think you may need one of these for adding it to a trolling motor ?

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/search/?query=panoptix%20mounts
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bdm18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2021, 04:08 PM »
I bought  the Garmin 63cv ice bundle last year and I used it in my boat as well. I needed to change transducers, and get an adapter cable to hook it up depending on the number of pins in the plug. I will also buy a mount to go in the boat permanently. Worth it, the system works great.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2021, 05:54 AM »
Bought a garmin live scope ice bundle at the end of the ice fishing season and I thought it was pretty simple to convert it to summer use. But I’m a bit confused. Do I need to purchase something else to make it useable with for the summer? I thought the ducer pretty much hooked up to the trolling motor kind of like how it is using the pole for ice fishing. Any help on what all I need to do so I can use this spring and summer? I couldn’t find any videos. Thanks

I think the majority of people use a separate pole mounted to the boat rather than use the trolling motor mount, there are several aftermarket options available.  My best suggestion is if you are on Facebook, join the Garmin Livescope group and the Garmin Ice fishing group, you will find all the information you will ever need about your unit, if you don't belong to Facebook join it just to get on these groups, there is a wealth of information there (including video), the answer to anything you want to know, including why people prefer a pole is there.  I use a separate pole.

Offline TKfishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2021, 01:09 PM »
I'd like to see Garmin come out with a "all season package" like the Humminbird Helix 7. I like the one stop shop package and not having to piece something together, and paying way more for it.

Would be ideal if they offered the 73SV in a all season pack too, as when it goes on the boat it'd be nice to have the SideScan tech whereas the 73CV is only DownScan.

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 26, 2021, 12:20 PM »
I use a 3rd party transducer pole that extends to 5' for summer boat use, a couple of RAM clam mounts secure to the pole and to my boat rail.  The scissors like action the trolling motor brackets make when removing them from the water have sliced many a $1,500 livescope transducer cable...

Offline BRsnow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 27, 2021, 09:01 AM »
A friend of mine will have an article in musky Hunter magazine this month addressing this topic. Kevin Cochran, my guess is it will be a great read

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2021, 03:04 PM »
A friend of mine will have an article in musky Hunter magazine this month addressing this topic. Kevin Cochran, my guess is it will be a great read

Would be interested in reading it if you can copy the article, or send a link.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.