Author Topic: Jiffy Pro4 problems  (Read 677 times)

Offline DanielKPM

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiffy Pro4 problems
« on: Mar 11, 2021, 01:49 AM »
So I understand that the oil is gonna get milky due to the propane. Is it suppose to immediately get milky though?

I went to change the oil, I let it drain completely, worked the power head to make sure it all came out. Put new mobil 1 0W40 in it. Ran it, and checked the oil again. It was as milky as the oil I just emptied out of it after running for just a few seconds. So I flushed it again, put new oii, ran it. Then flushed it again, and put new oil in it for a third time, and same thing. Instantly super milky. Is that normal? Or do I have some gasket issues somewhere?

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Jiffy Pro4 problems
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2021, 08:15 AM »
My guess would be a gasket issue or breather hose letting moisture in. I have the same auger and when I dump the oil its just a little dark, never seen milky oil come out of it. My auger is at least 7 years old and oil changed annually.
Good luck, hopefully its something simple.
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2021, 09:20 AM »
I have the same auger and was told by the manufacturer that this happens pretty quickly.  They told me to not be alarmed at it.  I change the oil at the end of every season and have no issue with the auger. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline DanielKPM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2021, 12:56 PM »
Thanks for the input guys. I’ll check the carb gasket, and the breather hose when I get home.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2021, 08:30 AM »
I have had a Pro4 for about 6 years now.  Every year that I change oil, it is really milky.  From what I've read from Jiffy, that is normal.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2021, 08:33 AM »
Biggest byproduct of burning propane is moisture/water.it goes right into the crankcase.change oil every season or the engine could seize from rust.my jiffy pro4 lite had milky oil after 10 holes.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2021, 08:59 AM »
Dan, contact Jiffy and check with them!! You should always check with the manufacturer when you have a problem, even if it's just for peace of mind!!  :flex: :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2021, 09:11 AM »
Dan, contact Jiffy and check with them!! You should always check with the manufacturer when you have a problem, even if it's just for peace of mind!!  :flex: :thumbsup:
correct but its in the jiffy propane manual about milky oil and make sure to change it often.

Offline DanielKPM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2021, 10:13 AM »
Haven’t been on for a few days. Thanks for the input fellas

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.