Author Topic: Deer Creek Ice  (Read 2813 times)

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Deer Creek Ice
« on: Dec 02, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Hey guys,

I am going to be in Alpine for a week during Christmas to visit the in-laws, was wondering if there is usually ice on deer creek this time of year, if not is there any where else around the area that would have some fishable ice.  I would appreciate any tips, Thanks

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
Re: Deer Creek Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2008, 12:53 PM »
In the days before the Jordanell reservoir, Deer Creek would usually freeze about the first of January.  Now you never know when, or if it will have fishable ice.  Rockport, Echo, and Jordanell should be fishable by the Christmas season.  East Canyon, Strawberry, and Scofield are just a little bit farther from Alpine, but worth your consideration.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Offline snakeriverman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2008, 01:44 PM »
Thanks for the info, Jordonelle sounds pretty good, I read that the Provo River arm freezes first and a lot of people fish there, maybe give that a shot.  I hope it gets cold enough by Christmas to start laying down some ice, if you hear of any ice around that area let me know

Thanks

Offline Fishrmn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Prayin' for sub-zero temps.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Thanks for the info, Jordonelle sounds pretty good, I read that the Provo River arm freezes first and a lot of people fish there, maybe give that a shot.  I hope it gets cold enough by Christmas to start laying down some ice, if you hear of any ice around that area let me know

Thanks

Sorry that there wasn't much ice for you around Heber.  The ice that forms on the Provo River, or "Rock Cliffs" arm of the Jordanelle is the ice that used to form on Deer Creek.  Now, the water coming out of the Jordanelle is warmer than the water in the upper Provo, and slows the formation of ice at Deer Creek.

Fishrmn
Fishrmn

"I tolerate with the utmost latitude the right of others to differ from me in opinion." Thomas Jefferson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.