The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Hill Rd - Keeler Bay?  (Read 815 times)

Offline benblock

• IceShanty Rookie
Hill Rd - Keeler Bay?
« on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:11 PM »
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if it is still ok to park on Hill Road, Keeler Bay? I read some old posts where people said the sheriff showed up threatening to tow people. Has anyone parked there in recent years? If so, where do you park along the road?

Thanks!

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Hill Rd - Keeler Bay?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2019, 05:28 PM »
I haven't parked there in about 3 years. Never was a problem in the past but not sure now.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2019, 06:53 AM »
I've also not parked there in years.
Once ice is safe enough to support vehicles, it's okay to park on the ice, but the Sheriff and the residences in the area are pissy about blocking the fire plug access, since that little dirt path is how the fire dept. gets the lake water and they don't want cars/trucks parked on the dirt road down to the lake.

They just built a new waste water(?) place on that road, and I'm wondering if it's okay to park there and drag the sleds down to the dirt path from this new place?

Offline Champlain Islander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2019, 07:32 AM »
I always parked on the road and dragged my sled down the path. Did it for several years and never had a problem with neighbors. Once it is all iced up I come off the access with my wheeler. Give Walleys Point a wide berth though the ice is often thin straight off the point.
Taught ice fishing for pan fish by one of the best...Art Rye may he RIP

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2019, 08:30 AM »
There is a house on crest of the hill on the right facing the lake. I just ask permission
and never had a problem. They will direct you where they would like you to park and
such never an issue. 2nd parking on the lake is best option - sooon. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.