Author Topic: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH,RAIN  (Read 2046 times)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH,RAIN
« on: Dec 20, 2006, 04:20 PM »
Got up at 5 am and stated dressing for the trip to the lake, 15 minutes later ITS RAINING!!!! By the time I got on the ice it was raining pretty bad. Marked and caught fish from 5:45 to 9:15 and then they pretty much died off. Water was running into my hole so fast it loked like somone flushed the toilet. Been raining ever since,talking freezing rain after dark turning into 3 to 8 inches of snow by tommorow night. Hope this doesnt hurt my 8 inches of ice to bad, I was hoping to get the hardside out tuesday.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH,RAIN
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2006, 04:21 PM »
At least you have ice out there.
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline lostfisher1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:32 PM »
At least you have ice out there.

ditto ;D

Offline vipercat64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2006, 06:59 PM »
Ice? What's that? :pinch:
I love a flag!!!!

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Thats what happens when water and air temps fall below 32 degrees.....right ???

Offline vipercat64

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2006, 06:11 AM »
I've seen it in a lab...but in real life? Come on!!! I live too far south!!!

Actually I teach, and my students were asking why it is so warm...try explaining to seventh graders about el nino and the polar jet...
I love a flag!!!!

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2006, 06:24 AM »
Personally, I feel its Global Warming thats screwing our seasons up

Offline bigchev98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Nothing like some fun on the ice!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2006, 08:31 AM »
according to the weather channel i due for some more rain this week  :'(

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2006, 08:43 AM »
15,000 years ago Michigan was under at least three miles of ice and snow...then it melted. Were humans somehow responsible for that too? Global warming has been happening for far longer than humans existance. Please realize that there is a lot of research money and political posisitions that can be gained by the exploitation of this Al Gore Theory. He should have just stuck to developing more internets.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2006, 09:04 AM »
Seems funny that this is the earliest we have had fishable ice in years. Kinda hard to back up the whole global warming BS with that happening.

2 inches of snow and still falling,1/2 inch of rain before the snow started.

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2006, 10:14 AM »
Be careful Stumper, Complaining about  alittle rain sitting on 8 inches of ice....Im out east here, and know quite a few frustrated icers waiting for that first couple inches!!  Glad to hear someone is getting out....catch a bunch.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2006, 11:27 AM »
AL WANTS US TO SIGN THE kYOTO TREATY FOR TOUGHER STANDARDS, WHICH IN TURN WILL FORCE THE COST OF GOODS PRODUCED BY THE USA EVEN HIGHER. wE ARE ENTERING A RAPIDLY GLOBALIZING ECONOMY AND TO COMPETE WE MUST HOLD THE COST OF MANUFACTURING DOWN. America produces like 80% of the worlds industrialized goods, but only contributes to about 20% of the pollution. We are one of the cleanest industrialized nations in the world.
Your acid rain does not just come from the local valleys, China, Brazil, Russia and other less concerned with the environment nations, pollute your air. Lets let the rest of the industrialized world begin to enforce EPA standards that are equall to ours before we bankrupt more of our own businesses from "FEEL GOOD" Al Gore legislation.
America can improve, but we should be proud of our nations attention to pollution standards compared to the rest of the world even though we will allways have room for improvement.

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2006, 11:46 AM »
Very well educated answer slipbob! This topic has caused some good debates. Im not a weatherman, geologist or scientist but common sence tells me that if its PROVEN that the sun can evaporate contaminated water and cause acid rain and its PROVEN that the fallout and radiation from a nuke can change the earths climate......Than by golly carbon dioxides and pollution can to.

As far as perchnuts concerned, he lives down there in VA....I havent talked with anyone from Michigan to Maine that has SUBSTANTIAL ice. The most Ice Ive heard is 3 inches in some lake in Berlin NH....way up north. As far as my areas concerned....all the boat ramps are open here. Also, I dont see myself getting out on some of my best lakes (ponds, as they call them here) till, Maybey mid Jan? I dont see any cold weather in the 10 day forcast. I only live in New England.....At least I have a boat.

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 21, 2006, 11:49 AM »
AL WANTS US TO SIGN THE kYOTO TREATY FOR TOUGHER STANDARDS, WHICH IN TURN WILL FORCE THE COST OF GOODS PRODUCED BY THE USA EVEN HIGHER. wE ARE ENTERING A RAPIDLY GLOBALIZING ECONOMY AND TO COMPETE WE MUST HOLD THE COST OF MANUFACTURING DOWN. America produces like 80% of the worlds industrialized goods, but only contributes to about 20% of the pollution. We are one of the cleanest industrialized nations in the world.
Your acid rain does not just come from the local valleys, China, Brazil, Russia and other less concerned with the environment nations, pollute your air. Lets let the rest of the industrialized world begin to enforce EPA standards that are equall to ours before we bankrupt more of our own businesses from "FEEL GOOD" Al Gore legislation.
America can improve, but we should be proud of our nations attention to pollution standards compared to the rest of the world even though we will allways have room for improvement.
As an ex Michigander....I do understand where your coming from and you have a point.....However....A l has his too....Buddy, we cant change the world....unfortuneatel y

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 21, 2006, 11:53 AM »
AL WANTS US TO SIGN THE kYOTO TREATY FOR TOUGHER STANDARDS, WHICH IN TURN WILL FORCE THE COST OF GOODS PRODUCED BY THE USA EVEN HIGHER. wE ARE ENTERING A RAPIDLY GLOBALIZING ECONOMY AND TO COMPETE WE MUST HOLD THE COST OF MANUFACTURING DOWN.

I dont know about this KYOTO treaty but, I know Id rather sink my money into a cleaner enviroment than into COUNTRIES that dont want us there.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 21, 2006, 12:01 PM »
The future of America depends upon our ability to compete globally. No longer does a business have a choice of building facilities either in the north or south, or for that matter on the west or east coast. The choice is now upon which continent would you like to build your facility.
We must balance taxation, environmental standards and other costs of doing business with a mind towards surviving a rapidly changing world of economies, where other governments are looking for ways to lower these costs in order to attract businesses. We can not legislate ourselves out of existence.
I to appreciate a cleaner earth, but with reasonable costs.

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 21, 2006, 12:11 PM »
The future of America depends upon our ability to compete globally.

For that to happen we can START tacking on an IMPORT TAX on forign goods. As of now, there isint. Overseas, they tax the crap on OUR stuff.

1991 costs in Germany...

Marlboro   $7.00 a pack
Levi Jeans (Off post) $160

These are Dollar prices

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 21, 2006, 12:18 PM »
Our exported cars may sit in port for over six months while waiting for inspection in foreign ports. We should enact the same standards here for their goods. If they speed up the process, then we speed up the process. By the time our goods hit their streets they are nearly obsolete.

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 21, 2006, 12:30 PM »
Well again, we cant change foriegn countries. I guess thats why we build plants overseas and we lose jobs here  :sick: Oh Im sorry....its that dreaded $20 an hour wage thats bringing us down....we should hire cheaper labor :sick: :sick:

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #19 on: Dec 21, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Ummmmmmm, I wonder what kinda argument I can start by sayin......... AAAAAHHHHHH its snowing....LOL

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2006, 04:47 PM »
One thing them ol' foregners don' know is how to make whiskey. Go futher with that, Most Yanks dont know chit about whiskey. Anyway......we would have been better off if the south would have won!!!

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2006, 07:25 PM »
Don't be so quick to dismiss Al Gore, like him or not.  He's at least "trying" to do something here in regards to getting the message out about some pretty serious environmental problems going on, many of which are from our own design and what's wrong with that.  I've got my NY health department telling me I can't eat ANY walleyes from several lakes here now because of mercury contamination that's raining down from the coal plants in the Ohio valley and it's getting worse.  The current EPA is doing nothing to stop this and we have had to actually sue the stupid EPA to enforce their own clean air standards which are killing our lakes here.  Acid rain has wiped out many of the Adirondack brook trout fisheries and that's no "theory" :tipup:  We as sportsman need to bring environmental issues to the forefront because the next generation will find it's pretty hard to hunt in a housing development or fish in lakes that have no fish because of acid rain and other contaminants. 
:bow:  :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow: :clap: :bow:

Offline lake snake

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: !
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2006, 07:40 PM »
One thing them ol' foregners don' know is how to make whiskey. Go futher with that, Most Yanks dont know chit about whiskey. Anyway......we would have been better off if the south would have won!!!
    You mean the part of the country where family trees have no branches. ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.