Author Topic: A Word About Politeness While On IceShanty  (Read 3946 times)

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: A Word About Politeness While On IceShanty
« Reply #60 on: Dec 08, 2013, 12:34 AM »
I agree with the earlier post,not having to face someone gives the false sense of bravery." While people used to talk face to face,now talk Facebook to Facebook".

It's not even talking anymore; people no longer know how to interact and converse properly or respectfully with each other. It's becoming a lost art. It's the "Instant gratification"  and "all about me" age. ::)
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #61 on: Dec 08, 2013, 12:37 AM »
Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up the bus.  Good grief, how is it possible for a post about politeness to turn ugly?   

Incredible, isn't it? I'd have to chalk it up to extreme twitterpation due to asphyxia of the frontal lobe, initially brought on by lack of ice and hyper-anticipation of the same. 
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Dec 08, 2013, 01:05 AM »
Y'all put the collars on and I'll push the button! >:D

I've worked construction all my life (and I'm an old fart) and these internet message boards are like a morning in Sunday school by comparison.

We cuss, fuss, scream, holler, fart, and burp out in the field. We insult and tease each other to pass the time and make the day go by quicker. I've learned from some masterful characters and consider insulting and teasing someone a fine art.

The rookies and greenhorns on the job that puff up and get all bent out of shape get hit twice as hard as the ones that just throw it back at you... never let anyone on a construction site know something bothers you, because if you do they'll run it into the ground... and I think that's why GOM's inbox is filling up.

The best anyone is going to get that insults me is scar tissue, and my scar tissue is tougher than Kevlar... so let 'er rip gator mouth and hummingbird butt! :-*
Whoa, whoa, whoa, back up the bus.  Good grief, how is it possible for a post about politeness to turn ugly?

I must clarify that I have not received a single negative PM.  That post was meant in jest.  You'll notice that the lapse of time between my offer to give me your best shot and my post that my PM box was full was only two minutes.

Respectfully yours,
Grumpy

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #63 on: Dec 08, 2013, 01:27 AM »
It really pleases me to see common sense prevails to quell explosive situations. Whether a polite barb of humor be attempted, only to be confused as a chain jerk on the southern coast, sanity and good sportsmanship wins again.    ;)2

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Dec 08, 2013, 01:28 AM »
Where can i catch a crappie? Someone got some gps numbers for me? Cmon lets be polite and cough em up...lets be nice now i want everything handed to me instant gratification is where its at...what? You dont want anybody fishing your spot? Wheres the comraderie? Were all pals here lets hang out and share alike man...buzz off? Cmon thats not nice...this is a friendly forum just be cool and share info so we can all learn and relish in the moment.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #65 on: Dec 08, 2013, 02:43 AM »
Couldn't pay me to be a moderator. 

Can I have a delete button like the mods. please?  You know the red one.  I'll take care of stuff that you let slide.

Just gotta have a sense of humor. Seems easier the older I get.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #66 on: Dec 08, 2013, 02:45 AM »
Au contraire Mr. fixit. Life IS fishing............the rest is just details.  ;)

(P.S. I appreciate the moderating teams' skills too!)

/m

Yes, the fishing is important. The silliness on a web site is not! This is sposed to be FUN dammit!

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #67 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:03 AM »
 :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: HEHEHEHE ^^^^^ he said dammit^^^^^

Offline spudsaway

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:09 AM »
Where can i catch a crappie? Someone got some gps numbers for me? Cmon lets be polite and cough em up...lets be nice now i want everything handed to me instant gratification is where its at...what? You dont want anybody fishing your spot? Wheres the comraderie? Were all pals here lets hang out and share alike man...buzz off? Cmon thats not nice...this is a friendly forum just be cool and share info so we can all learn and relish in the moment.

Ha    Orangeville Reservoir  off the west side of the parking lot 50 yards north west  Got a compass I don't use GPS ..   Use Swedish Pimple and set small minnows . Good luck Fish may have swam away by now though I saw him last year on Camera . Go anyway lots of pike

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #69 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:12 AM »
GrumpyOldMan, my apologies, I feel like a cheapskate. I must say that I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all the wonderful replies, ( almost as good as The Never Ending Story ), and now, I almost feel like the guy who gives you a money envelope on your wedding day with nothing in it because .....it's the thought that really counts! My only contribution was on page 1, " Good job GrumpyOldMan! " ....it wasn't because I didn't like you as a fellow New Yorker I swear, er, maybe I should choose another word, promise...I promise!
I've learned a lot from your post...I really have! First off, you were from Colorado and now reside in Albany. I was born in Albany and moved to Colorado. Your location is " I'm here ", maybe mine should be "Was there "?, the mods don't love to catch flack but that may be because they target walleyes and perch, and poor jeffro still hasn't gotten any GPS numbers! I take that back, spudsaway just gave him one before my post.... Thank You... ;D

Offline spudsaway

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Dec 08, 2013, 03:26 AM »
Incredible, isn't it? I'd have to chalk it up to extreme twitterpation due to asphyxia of the frontal lobe, initially brought on by lack of ice and hyper-anticipation of the same.

You may be 100 % correct I am Dizzy Need to drill hole need to Jig need to Smell propane heater I just Noticed the posting numbers on you Guys 6000 , 7000 , 1300 on Grumpy I stop soon anyway start fishing stop posting Spudsaway  Jeffro 1084 . Hay Jeffro don't know how you meant your post but I read Jeffro I think  Jethro Clampet and big bowl of cereal , then I see my Own Boy he is 6'4 about 190 now and used to eat the cereal Man  . Would put Jethro to shame . Now I don't care just Gonna message My   Kid and see if he is still up to fishing soon . Lobe fully asphyixed

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Dec 08, 2013, 06:06 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Just gotta have a sense of humor. Seems easier the older I get.

RG
My own delete button!  Thank you, thank you.  Hey wait a minute it doesn't work.

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Dec 08, 2013, 06:15 AM »
GrumpyOldMan, my apologies, I feel like a cheapskate. I must say that I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all the wonderful replies, ( almost as good as The Never Ending Story ), and now, I almost feel like the guy who gives you a money envelope on your wedding day with nothing in it because .....it's the thought that really counts! My only contribution was on page 1, " Good job GrumpyOldMan! " ....it wasn't because I didn't like you as a fellow New Yorker I swear, er, maybe I should choose another word, promise...I promise!
I've learned a lot from your post...I really have! First off, you were from Colorado and now reside in Albany. I was born in Albany and moved to Colorado. Your location is " I'm here ", maybe mine should be "Was there "?, the mods don't love to catch flack but that may be because they target walleyes and perch, and poor jeffro still hasn't gotten any GPS numbers! I take that back, spudsaway just gave him one before my post.... Thank You... ;D
And I thank you MasonEddie.       

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Dec 08, 2013, 06:22 AM »
I started this thread and I now end it by locking it.  It has caused enmity between brothers.  That was the last thing that was supposed to happen.
The world outside of IceShanty is a generally hostile one.  It can be a refuge from that world if we choose it to be.     

Be kind to one another. 

Respectfully and kindly yours,
Grumpy

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #74 on: Dec 08, 2013, 11:39 AM »
You just don't seem to be that "Grumpy".

;D

RG

P.S.

We can get the last word in too :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Dec 08, 2013, 02:27 PM »
That was pretty slick RG.  I had that ending so sweet and the pathos so good, that it brought tears to my own eyes.  Now the spell is broken.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.