Author Topic: AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH  (Read 2815 times)

Offline FishinIsLife

• Team IceShanty Regular
AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
« on: Feb 12, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Stupid warm weather I sure hope it ends soon if the ice disappears before march i might just have to move to Canada. Whos with me

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: AAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Forget it man!!!!! This ice is mine all mine!!!!!!!
If I give some to you, I'll have to give some to everybody else!!!!
Besides we only have ice from November to May!!!

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2009, 07:55 PM »
Stupid warm weather I sure hope it ends soon if the ice disappears before march i might just have to move to Canada. Whos with me

Tell me about it... that warm weather, wind, rain came through here the last few days and totally destroyed all of the ice between Indy and the middle of lower MI.  I would have to drive for six hours to get to decent ice.  I may just do that this weekend.  I ain't ready to give it up yet.

Jeff

Offline Litchfield Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2009, 08:18 PM »
most of maine should be all set the last I checked we had pretty near 20 inches in the mid part of the state and 27 inches on east grand in the midnorthern part of the state
Its not a passion its an obsession

Trooper Bri

« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2009, 08:56 PM »
That's too far to drive. I'll just to move to the local hockey rink and get used to slow fishing conditions.

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2009, 09:46 PM »
That's too far to drive. I'll just to move to the local hockey rink and get used to slow fishing conditions.

Six hour drive this weekend or a three or four hour drive next weekend.  Maybe I should say "and", not "or".  :)

Jeff

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2009, 11:38 PM »
Yea lets move!!!!
See ya on the ice!!! Go Packers!!!

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2009, 12:41 AM »
actually i'm fine over in idaho, cold weekdays and warm, sunny weekends ;D which the perch around here love

Offline bisceglia

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2009, 04:39 PM »
nov to may!!!!! ONLY!!!!! i'm with ya pal, he's just giving it away. Canada it is
all fishermen are liars, except me and you... but i'm not so sure about you

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2009, 05:14 PM »

hahahaha. You guys from the NWT don't post much. Probably always out fishing instead. One would hope for more chatter from the land of ice.   

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2009, 06:12 PM »
 The Ice is good here in Northeastern Illinois. I was drilling through 7 to 10" today I think we are going to be alright into March I hope,but one more blast of what we just got will finish us here.

Bob 

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2009, 06:42 PM »
hahahaha. You guys from the NWT don't post much. Probably always out fishing instead. One would hope for more chatter from the land of ice.   

It's too dang cold to get out most of the winter.  >:(
The real fishing begins in March when the days are longer and warmer.
Plus as far as I know only 2 of us are on the shanty................ ...................... .it's lonely up here.  ;)

Got out today and fished about 2 1/2 hours for 4 wimpy little bumps and no fish. It was a beautiful sunny -20's day though. I feel sorry for the guys who get a ton of snow. It was about 18" deep where I was today and between drilling holes and shovelling snow I barely had any energy left to fish!!!!   ;D
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2009, 08:26 PM »
It's too dang cold to get out most of the winter.  >:(
The real fishing begins in March when the days are longer and warmer.
Plus as far as I know only 2 of us are on the shanty................ ...................... .it's lonely up here.  ;)

Got out today and fished about 2 1/2 hours for 4 wimpy little bumps and no fish. It was a beautiful sunny -20's day though. I feel sorry for the guys who get a ton of snow. It was about 18" deep where I was today and between drilling holes and shovelling snow I barely had any energy left to fish!!!!   ;D
Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Just out of curiosity what are they charging for a gallon of gas,dozen of eggs or a gallon of milk in your neck of the woods these days?

Bob 

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Feb 14, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Just out of curiosity what are they charging for a gallon of gas,dozen of eggs or a gallon of milk in your neck of the woods these days?

Bob 

TOO MUCH!!!

Gas is $3.69 a gallon which isn't too bad if you compare it to the remote off the road communities where it's 10 or 11 bucks a gallon.

I'm not too sure on the milk and eggs.................. ........I never look at the price.  :unsure:

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #14 on: Feb 14, 2009, 10:10 PM »
canada is in my dreams every night!! no crowded lakes and big fish!! whohoooo!!
-20 everyday..... a guy could take a mobile home out eh??

Offline stripers77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • tip-up
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2009, 08:33 AM »
Plus as far as I know only 2 of us are on the shanty................ ...................... .it's lonely up here. 
     I can help with that ;D

Offline FishinIsLife

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2009, 05:26 PM »
Drifter, I just looked at google map of yellowknife. How in the world do you choose what lake to go to? there is more water up there than land. And I asked the girlfriend and she said we can't move to your neck of the woods, said it was wayyyyyyyy too cold up there seems how on weather.com the avg high for july is under 70F . So you can keep your fish for now

Offline Mr.Buddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I swear there was a fish on!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2009, 06:45 PM »
i dont know if i'd be able to fish, I'd be to busy driving the ice roads if I were up there  ;D
Two fishes swimming side along and one looks at the other and tells him "I had a near death experiance today, I was swimming along and next thing I knew I was getting pulled down a tunnel with a bright light at the end, i got to the light, looked around and my friends and family were there.  And I saw jesus! And he wears a budweiser hat and he said, it is not your time, go back and I will come for you when you are bigger"

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2009, 09:50 PM »
Drifter, I just looked at google map of yellowknife. How in the world do you choose what lake to go to? there is more water up there than land. And I asked the girlfriend and she said we can't move to your neck of the woods, said it was wayyyyyyyy too cold up there seems how on weather.com the avg high for july is under 70F . So you can keep your fish for now

Most of those lakes can only be accessed in the winter by sled or ski plane or in the summer by float plane.
The easiest way to choose is to tack up the map and throw a dart at it.  ;)

This is my second year getting back into ice fishing and I'm still tryiing to figure these lakes out.
It's pretty hard with no depth charts. I have been using topo maps to pick my spots and my success has been fair at best. It takes time to learn a lake and I have been moving from lake to lake rather than spending all my time on one lake.
Too many lake, not enough time.  ;D

http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/maps/topo/map

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2009, 09:52 PM »
i dont know if i'd be able to fish, I'd be to busy driving the ice roads if I were up there  ;D

The ice roads take you to some good fishin' spots.   

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 16, 2009, 04:21 AM »
The ice roads take you to some good fishin' spots.   (Image removed from quote.)

I knew it. Someone at work mentioned how tough the "Ice Truckers" are, referring to the show. I said, what you don't know is that there is probably an ice fisher on the side of the road hunkered down on a bucket, as the trucker goes whizzing by in his heated cab.       

Offline fishineaton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 16, 2009, 05:55 AM »
We have ice here in central NY but the fishing has been really slow.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Feb 16, 2009, 06:14 AM »
The ice roads take you to some good fishin' spots.   (Image removed from quote.)
Just outta curiosity   you prob answer this 100 times so far   but can anyone (john Q Public) drive out on those roads to fish  hunt  ect?
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Feb 16, 2009, 10:03 AM »
Just outta curiosity   you prob answer this 100 times so far   but can anyone (john Q Public) drive out on those roads to fish  hunt  ect?

YEP!!!
A lot of the roads are maintained by the territory. They are built to provide access to smaller communities for transporting in heating oil and fuel.

Some info for ya.

http://www.dot.gov.nt.ca/_live/pages/wpPages/Winter_and_ice_roads.aspx

http://www.dot.gov.nt.ca/_live/documents/documentManagerUpload/NWThighwaysystemMap.pdf

Offline Mr.Buddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I swear there was a fish on!
« Reply #24 on: Feb 16, 2009, 11:10 AM »
I'd love to come up there just to see what its like when the roads get going full bore up there.  Weve got an ice road over here but thats just to madiline island

I'd have to start out small by driving, cuz if i started fishing i dont think id ever leave  ;D
Two fishes swimming side along and one looks at the other and tells him "I had a near death experiance today, I was swimming along and next thing I knew I was getting pulled down a tunnel with a bright light at the end, i got to the light, looked around and my friends and family were there.  And I saw jesus! And he wears a budweiser hat and he said, it is not your time, go back and I will come for you when you are bigger"

Offline Gibson

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 2/3 water 1/3 land = 2/3 fishing 1/3/work!!!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 16, 2009, 03:18 PM »
Lived in northern Manitoba for years and use the ice roads going into some of the reserves to get into some unreal fishing.  Remember one year in particular, once the bite was on, one rod was all you could handle.  We would just chuck the Walleye at one of our partners who did nothing but fillet till we got our limit.  He didn't have a chance to drop a line.  He was kinda P.O.'d. :laugh: 

May the holes in your net be smaller than the fish in it!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.